Andrew Johnson Bank Ladies Classic—Greeneville, TN

Americal198

• 2 weeks later...

Great first day of the AJ Bank Ladies Classic in Greeneville  

Day 1 Results:

Sullivan Central over Chuckey Doak 73-31

Morristown West over Campbell Co 50-44

Oak Ridge over Daniel Boone 50-48 (Buzzer Beater)

Jefferson Co. over Franklin Co. KY 59-44

G.R. Clark, KY over West Greene 63-22

Providence NC over North Greene 51-48

South Greene over Bath Co. KY 82-30

Greeneville over Belfry, KY 60-52

5 hours ago, EastTNfan20 said:

Great first day of the AJ Bank Ladies Classic in Greeneville  

Day 1 Results:

Sullivan Central over Chuckey Doak 73-31

Morristown West over Campbell Co 50-44

Oak Ridge over Daniel Boone 50-48 (Buzzer Beater)

Jefferson Co. over Franklin Co. KY 59-44

G.R. Clark, KY over West Greene 63-22

Providence NC over North Greene 51-48

South Greene over Bath Co. KY 82-30

Greeneville over Belfry, KY 60-52

Thanks for posting the scores. I watched all or part of the last four games. The 4 o'clock game with Oak Ridge and Clark should be a good one.

I watched Oak Ridge beat G.R. Clark from Winchester, KY handily. I expected a much closer game. I would like to see Clark invited back to this tournament next year. They have some great young players.

Morristown West won their game easily. Blayr Shultz was taking and making shots from five feet beyond the three point line. If someone came out to defend her, she'd drive around them.

One noticeable thing about Morristown West and Oak Ridge is they are missing their big post players, Caroline Harville and Mykia Dowdell. Still, both teams are very quick and fast. This should be a fun game to watch.

Tonight, the first game of the winner's bracket will be between South Greene and Jefferson County. Like Morristown and Oak Ridge, South Greene is smaller this year—without Taylor Lamb. I'll make a report after that game is finished. Jefferson and South Greene should match up closely.

In fact, the remaining four teams all match-up very well.

43 minutes ago, EastTNfan20 said:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bvbh-jUxMzg0MjV8MWt2SnBFcFdickx4RZmVZ5ys6LwWLJuYatSB6UQYsv6voiyBvM1kFPaQk97t?t=6m54s  Mark of this video. Drive to the goal called a charge. Very questionable call late in the game. 

Thanks for this. When Wykle made the shot, I was jumping up and down. But, it wasn't to be.

Merriweather,  a sophomore, made clutch free throws in overtime. They'll build on that.

Tomorrow, Morristown West and South Greene. The last time these two played, South Greene was way up and West came back to win in the last two seconds.

It's about time South Greene gives some payback.

12 hours ago, EastTNfan20 said:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bvbh-jUxMzg0MjV8MWt2SnBFcFdickx4RZmVZ5ys6LwWLJuYatSB6UQYsv6voiyBvM1kFPaQk97t?t=6m54s  Mark of this video. Drive to the goal called a charge. Very questionable call late in the game. 

I’ve seen about 3 different videos of this and to say the call was questionable is kind of you. There were a lot of terrible calls but this one was a game changer.