Brentwood vs Father Ryan

cbg

At 6:00pm tonight (Friday 12-14-2018) the Brentwood Bruins coached by the Stillwater Cowboy will play host to the Purple Irish from Father Ryan coached by the CEO.  Who wins this match as I have the Bruins getting the home victory in a close match.  What will be the best matchups be tonight?  With exams just beginning my gut tells me that the young Father Ryan wrestlers will be much more focused on academics than wrestling and the end result is they will get clipped.  

19 minutes ago, cbg said:

With exams just beginning my gut tells me that the young Father Ryan wrestlers will be much more focused on academics than wrestling and the end result is they will get clipped.  

Do you actually know any wrestlers? ;)

Just poking fun. Always enjoy your input here on CoachT. 

- TH

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, cbg said:

At 6:00pm tonight (Friday 12-14-2018) the Brentwood Bruins coached by the Stillwater Cowboy will play host to the Purple Irish from Father Ryan coached by the CEO.  Who wins this match as I have the Bruins getting the home victory in a close match.  What will be the best matchups be tonight?  With exams just beginning my gut tells me that the young Father Ryan wrestlers will be much more focused on academics than wrestling and the end result is they will get clipped.  

Stop making excuses for Father Ryan wrestlers. Everyone keeps giving them too much credit. Last year they got smashed by Brentwood at Father Ryan and they will smashed again this year. It proves to show you that Damon Smith is one of the best coaches in the state. He took a no name Brentwood team last year and smashed Father Ryan. I expect a similar result this year...no need to make excuses about exam schedule.

Father Ryan beat a good Wilson Central team 43-31 a couple weeks ago. UR Summit beat Brentwood 48-30 two days ago. I think Ryan wins it by a good margin this year. I'm not suggesting that either of those other teams are significantly better or worse than the other. Its just a snapshot as to where each team is right now and I think Father Ryan is solid and will win the dual.

6 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Brentwood is solid again this year and a top 5 AAA team. But Ryan has looked great and is a top 5 team overall in the state and I think they win by 20ish 

They're both solid I will agree, and ill also agree that Ryan wins by 20 or so. I do not, however, agree that Bwood is a top 5 AAA team. I don't think they're a top 10 team right now. Now who knows what can happen closer to region duals time when everybody is down to weight and ready to go but right now, I don't think so.

1 hour ago, Bump11 said:

Brentwood is solid again this year and a top 5 AAA team. But Ryan has looked great and is a top 5 team overall in the state and I think they win by 20ish 

I thought that Brentwood and Damon Smith would win but I’m starting to hear that Brentwood won’t allow Father Ryan to stream the wrestling match. I’m not sure that mean Brentwood and Damon Smith are scared of Father Ryan but I have no idea why they wouldn’t allow the match to be steamed.

1 hour ago, cowboypete said:

I thought that Brentwood and Damon Smith would win but I’m starting to hear that Brentwood won’t allow Father Ryan to stream the wrestling match. I’m not sure that mean Brentwood and Damon Smith are scared of Father Ryan but I have no idea why they wouldn’t allow the match to be steamed.

Most schools doesn't allow visiting teams to stream. Been like that for years. Has nothing to do with being scared

1 hour ago, DaBears1976 said:

Most schools doesn't allow visiting teams to stream. Been like that for years. Has nothing to do with being scared

Rural schools all over the USA allow both the home and visiting teams to have a radio broadcast of the games.  In Texas you often times have both schools doing a live video stream of football games.  I am not sure that I would go so far as to call someone scared but I would say that it is short sighted and selfish not to promote the sport of wrestling and all high school sports so long as its done in a positive manner.  

Edited by cbg

4 minutes ago, cbg said:

Rural schools all over the USA allow both the home and visiting teams to have a radio broadcast of the games.  In Texas you often times have both schools doing a live video stream of football games.  I am not sure that I would go so far as to call someone scared but I would say that it is short sighted and selfish not to promote the sport of wrestling and all high school sports so long as its done in a positive manner.  

Wished public schools would also let visiting schools to stream events. It is better for the sport. Really don't know what the big deal is, but its nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Wished public schools would also let visiting schools to stream events. It is better for the sport. Really don't know what the big deal is, but its nonsense. 

Like I said in the previous post it's just being selfish and is someone wanting to be in control much like a turf war.  It's not like the schools don't have enough to worry about such as the students GPA'S and ACT/SAT scores.  I guess controlling the live video stream of a high school athletic contest makes them feel like the big dog on the block.