Is Howard Back?

t-mac

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, t-mac said:

I heard on the radio that the Henry Bowles tournament starts this week.  Then the DJ said that Howard was 7-0.  Not sure who they have played but I don't even think we won 7 games last year.  Whats different? are they legit?

Haven't seen the brackets yet t-mac..have you?? Rams are scheduled to play on this Thursday. 

21 hours ago, t-mac said:

I heard on the radio that the Henry Bowles tournament starts this week.  Then the DJ said that Howard was 7-0.  Not sure who they have played but I don't even think we won 7 games last year.  Whats different? are they legit?

TFP has an article this morning about the line-up. Tyner plays Huntsville-Columbia at 7:30p on Thur and Howard plays Nashville-Overton on Friday. 

Haven't seen Howard this year but heard they are pretty good. Should be a good tournament this weekend!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 8:55 PM, t-mac said:

I didnt buy them being good this year....they have most of the same players from last year but they have a big hype now....I heard on the radio a kid hit 12 3pointers

Howard is as good as "advertised"!! Game against Tyner last night could have gone either way! Article in the chattanoogan.com is worth reading about what happened before and during the game... standing room only and 75+ people turned away due to crowd size.. fantastic crowd!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The District 6-AA seeding as well as the tournament will be toss-up and which ever team finishes strong in the next couple weeks will be in the drivers seat for Region 3-AA.

That was an interesting game on Friday between Brainerd at Howard! In this district, you can't ever count a team out..no matter how many points they are down! 

Right now Brainerd is trending up having beaten the current top two teams(Tyner and Howard). But they lost twice to Red Bank. The score that shocked me on Friday was E.Ridge beating R.Bank. You never know what will happen in the district tournament but the five(5) teams mentioned above will make a run for it!!

On 1/27/2019 at 1:59 AM, TynerRamFan said:

The District 6-AA seeding as well as the tournament will be toss-up and which ever team finishes strong in the next couple weeks will be in the drivers seat for Region 3-AA.

That was an interesting game on Friday between Brainerd at Howard! In this district, you can't ever count a team out..no matter how many points they are down! 

Right now Brainerd is trending up having beaten the current top two teams(Tyner and Howard). But they lost twice to Red Bank. The score that shocked me on Friday was E.Ridge beating R.Bank. You never know what will happen in the district tournament but the five(5) teams mentioned above will make a run for it!!

Monday night E.Ridge beat Howard 62-61. They were the 5th place team and now they are in 4th. 

Howard now has lost 3 district games by a total of 3 points. 1st and 2nd seed still up for grabs. Will probably be determined after this Fridays game between Tyner and Howard, however Howard can't look past Red Bank on tomorrow night! 

On 1/30/2019 at 2:45 PM, TynerRamFan said:

Monday night E.Ridge beat Howard 62-61. They were the 5th place team and now they are in 4th. 

Howard now has lost 3 district games by a total of 3 points. 1st and 2nd seed still up for grabs. Will probably be determined after this Fridays game between Tyner and Howard, however Howard can't look past Red Bank on tomorrow night! 

Howard looks like they have corrected the way they have been finishing games. They beat my "Rams" last night, in a poor shooting game by both teams, 41-36. Earlier in the season some were predicting Howard to be the #1 seed but that will not happen this year. Tyner and Brainerd will play next Friday for that honor with the winner being the top seed. The standings in 6AA after next Friday(hopefully) will be:

1.Tyner 2. Brainerd 3. Howard 4. Red Bank 5. E.Ridge 6. S.Mtn. 

7. Central 8. Hixson

Some key games to watch: E.Ridge @ Brainerd and E.Ridge @ R.Bank

On 2/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, TynerRamFan said:

Howard looks like they have corrected the way they have been finishing games. They beat my "Rams" last night, in a poor shooting game by both teams, 41-36. Earlier in the season some were predicting Howard to be the #1 seed but that will not happen this year. Tyner and Brainerd will play next Friday for that honor with the winner being the top seed. The standings in 6AA after next Friday(hopefully) will be:

1.Tyner 2. Brainerd 3. Howard 4. Red Bank 5. E.Ridge 6. S.Mtn. 

7. Central 8. Hixson

Some key games to watch: E.Ridge @ Brainerd and E.Ridge @ R.Bank

Hello Ram Fan.....I seriously doubt that people had howard as the #1 seed especially with them not really having a winning season in I don't know how long...and hiring a head coach that basically would be a good head football coach for someone.  as far as rankings I think the top 3 are still up for grabs.  Howard cant get to 1 but with a Brainerd loss to East Ridge or Tyner they can creep to number 2.  they would both have 4 losses but howard won head to head by more points.  Now if Brainerd wins out they will jump tyner for the #1 spot.  I think I am correct but I could be wrong.  If east ridge beats brainerd I think they get the 3 seed...we wont know till its all said and done,     

2 hours ago, t-mac said:

Hello Ram Fan.....I seriously doubt that people had howard as the #1 seed especially with them not really having a winning season in I don't know how long...and hiring a head coach that basically would be a good head football coach for someone.  as far as rankings I think the top 3 are still up for grabs.  Howard cant get to 1 but with a Brainerd loss to East Ridge or Tyner they can creep to number 2.  they would both have 4 losses but howard won head to head by more points.  Now if Brainerd wins out they will jump tyner for the #1 spot.  I think I am correct but I could be wrong.  If east ridge beats brainerd I think they get the 3 seed...we wont know till its all said and done,     

You are correct on these scenarios..the only one I question is the East Ridge / Brainerd game. E Ridge must beat Brainerd by more than 5 points... situation will get a little clearer after tonight!! 

The #1 and #2 seeds are automatically in the district semifinals which makes it really interesting. 

2 hours ago, t-mac said:

I think 1-5 can win this tournament easily.... Tyner, Brainerd, Howard, Red Bank, Eastridge are all contenders

I agree..looking at how these teams played each other during the season it's who is playing the best on a particular night! Whichever four teams move forward, should represent the district really well!!