AAA 182

Nainten

1 hour ago, Nainten said:

Okay.  Antcliffe just wrestled down in Alabama today and took down the #15 ranked guy (nationally) at 182.  Will be interested to see if this affects the rankings, especially in light of the fact that Jones went to Florida and took two more losses (another by pin).    

Great win over Kolton, any idea how bad it was?  Jones should be 3rd at best in the rankings. Austin should win it and Brooks is prob second and after that Jones prob slides in after.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

Great win over Kolton, any idea how bad it was?  Jones should be 3rd at best in the rankings. Austin should win it and Brooks is prob second and after that Jones prob slides in after.

Austin was down 1-7 at end of 1st.  Came back and wore Clark down over the last two periods.  Down 10-12 with time winding down in the third he got a point on a stall call then got the takedown plus two backs to win it 15-12.  

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

...  Jones should be 3rd at best in the rankings. Austin should win it and Brooks is prob second and after that Jones prob slides in after.

I think Blackman and Arlington will both be at Brentwood.  It's not hard to imagine Brooks winning a rematch given their first match was relatively close, and it was towards the beginning of the season at Blackhorse.  Then what;  Dylan, Brooks, Austin?  I think we can all agree it will all get sorted out in short order in the coming weeks.  I think my main point was that both Brooks and Austin IMO have been outperforming Dylan and the rankings did not reflect that.  Clearly Hamm values the "highest returning placewinner" criteria, but I'd think at some point one has to give more weight to this year's body of work.  That was my point.  

And for the record I agree with you on the order of Antcliffe, Sacharczyk, Jones... as of this week.