Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
ArtusCimber

TN Coach's Poll for 17 December

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

You should try harder at arguing publicly stated facts. Stampede press release after the tournament stated that TrackWrestling would have the updated/correct team scores for last year.  I've copied them for you. CBHS should have a great tournament out there this weekend.   Not sure why you want Baylor to fail so badly. 

Tuttle  681.0
2 Park Hill  540.5
3 Goddard High School  430.0
4 Whitfield  415.0
5 Staley  395.5
6 Neosho  357.0
7 Perry  307.5
8 Buford  306.0
9 Baylor School  288.5
10 Seckman  287.5
11 Olathe North  280.5
12 Edmond North  268.5
13 Kearney  268.0
14 CBC  257.0
15 Platte County  253.5
16 Mill Valley  248.5
17 Christian Brothers  241.5
18 Coweta  239.5
19 Blue Springs  235.0
20 Collinsville  227.0
20 Derby  227.0

what year is this from?

Not last year. Last year Baylor and CBHS finished 14th and 16th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

what year is this from?

Not last year. Last year Baylor and CBHS finished 14th and 16th

Last year.  Check the records on trackwrestling.  It was announced that they had issues with Flo and would use trackwrestling for the final scores. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

Last year.  Check the records on trackwrestling.  It was announced that they had issues with Flo and would use trackwrestling for the final scores. 

Not sure what Track has to do with this. The tournament was run on flo. And if you look on the official tournament (KC Stampede) website you will see what you posted is not correct. So it’s bad when you tell someone to get their facts straight and you miss yourself. But it’s all good. None of this is that big of a deal  

Edited by PurpleWrestler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 7:34 PM, DaBears1976 said:

Straight up, it's gonna be very hard for anyone to beat Baylor. When they have all the right lineup in, it's like a dream team here. Not sure how much or big if or when they beat CB, but they will win. Lineup will determine the out come

Baylor will put 8 in the state finals and I believe they will win 7 of those matches while scoring a lot of bonus points throughout the tournament. I think they run away with individual state and beat the bros by 12-15 points in the duals. This Baylor team has way too much horse power to be stopped this year. They had 8 pins in their dual with mccallie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BobCorker said:

You should try harder at arguing publicly stated facts. Stampede press release after the tournament stated that TrackWrestling would have the updated/correct team scores for last year.  I've copied them for you. CBHS should have a great tournament out there this weekend.   Not sure why you want Baylor to fail so badly. 

Tuttle  681.0
2 Park Hill  540.5
3 Goddard High School  430.0
4 Whitfield  415.0
5 Staley  395.5
6 Neosho  357.0
7 Perry  307.5
8 Buford  306.0
9 Baylor School  288.5
10 Seckman  287.5
11 Olathe North  280.5
12 Edmond North  268.5
13 Kearney  268.0
14 CBC  257.0
15 Platte County  253.5
16 Mill Valley  248.5
17 Christian Brothers  241.5
18 Coweta  239.5
19 Blue Springs  235.0
20 Collinsville  227.0
20 Derby  227.0

You see....little old Buford, from Buford GA, there at #8......1100 students....and wrestled the Stampede last year without a full line up.  Been a while since Collins Hill (GA) won the Stampede several years in a row.....

But....seeing you guys argue on here makes me laugh a bit.........check out the first and second place teams, Woodland and North Hall, from the McCallie Inv. and then look at their school size.......and money.

And if you dig a little deeper, at other tournaments last weekend, Collins Hill (GA) was second place by 13 points at Beech, without their 3 time state placer at 285 (who committed to NC football yesterday)........and Camden (GA)....won the Capital City Classic in Tallahassee by 212 points!!!...placed all 14 wrestlers......with only one as low as 4th. 

(I know someone will mention Mountain View at Bradley last weekend........but they only entered 7 due to illness...and finished 8th)

It's got nothing to do with money.......I'll agree, yeah.....it helps.....but build your feeder!!

(guess I'll get my fire blanket now)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 7:07 PM, dontstopbelieving said:

Maryville??  Do these guys really not look at results on track? They have already lost dual meets to Pigeon Forge, Gibbs,  and Morristown West. I would be really interested to know who votes for them.  

As previously mentioned we did beat Science Hill, but they probably did have some kids out. Also, we did beat Mo West the 2nd time around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RMC said:

You see....little old Buford, from Buford GA, there at #8......1100 students....and wrestled the Stampede last year without a full line up.  Been a while since Collins Hill (GA) won the Stampede several years in a row.....

But....seeing you guys argue on here makes me laugh a bit.........check out the first and second place teams, Woodland and North Hall, from the McCallie Inv. and then look at their school size.......and money.

And if you dig a little deeper, at other tournaments last weekend, Collins Hill (GA) was second place by 13 points at Beech, without their 3 time state placer at 285 (who committed to NC football yesterday)........and Camden (GA)....won the Capital City Classic in Tallahassee by 212 points!!!...placed all 14 wrestlers......with only one as low as 4th. 

(I know someone will mention Mountain View at Bradley last weekend........but they only entered 7 due to illness...and finished 8th)

It's got nothing to do with money.......I'll agree, yeah.....it helps.....but build your feeder!!

(guess I'll get my fire blanket now)

RMC you are correct to a degree although Buford isnt some small school. Recent student population has them at 1300 students which would put them in AAA in TN the largest classification, especially since the biggest TN school has 2360 students while your camden has 2500 and collins hill 3175 and woodland 1643. Cleveland has 1460 students, Bradley does have more however they havent had the money poured into their high school, middle school OR feeder program as Cleveland has. Again just imagine if they had kept their kids from the program and had them wrestle for Cleveland itself?  I know there are more, but there are 3 state champs that i listed in a previous thread that came through their program.   GA has huge schools while TN doesnt, NOW the population thing doesnt follow for some programs down in GA like Jefferson, however they used to be in the smallest class down in GA and they have 1050 students which is about 150 less than a Soddy Daisy. North Hall also is small at 1073, but Archer is a 7A school and sits around 2580.  Georgia wrestling is better compared to TN just like they are in football, but you also have the population base for that. It also seems like down there in GA the big dog program seems to move around all the time, kind of follows the population movement and new schools being built. Besides Jefferson there hasnt been a program that continues to roll like a bradley or Cleveland. Collins Hill had over 5000 at one time, now in 3000 and their program isnt as good(although losing a coach does that also while Cleveland has but hasnt missed a beat), Parkview used to be studs but not so much anymore, McEachern was the same way. 

 

Also it doesnt seem by very shallow look that your private schools are all that good, so unlike in TN where they pick up wrestlers from other schools to go there, you dont really have a CBHS, Father Ryan, McCallie or Baylor although Marist was ok, and Westminster was also along with Eagles Landing. I dont pay as much attention as i did in 90's and early 2000's to GA wrestling when those teams were dang tough. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

RMC you are correct to a degree although Buford isnt some small school. Recent student population has them at 1300 students which would put them in AAA in TN the largest classification, especially since the biggest TN school has 2360 students while your camden has 2500 and collins hill 3175 and woodland 1643. Cleveland has 1460 students, Bradley does have more however they havent had the money poured into their high school, middle school OR feeder program as Cleveland has. Again just imagine if they had kept their kids from the program and had them wrestle for Cleveland itself?  I know there are more, but there are 3 state champs that i listed in a previous thread that came through their program.   GA has huge schools while TN doesnt, NOW the population thing doesnt follow for some programs down in GA like Jefferson, however they used to be in the smallest class down in GA and they have 1050 students which is about 150 less than a Soddy Daisy. North Hall also is small at 1073, but Archer is a 7A school and sits around 2580.  Georgia wrestling is better compared to TN just like they are in football, but you also have the population base for that. It also seems like down there in GA the big dog program seems to move around all the time, kind of follows the population movement and new schools being built. Besides Jefferson there hasnt been a program that continues to roll like a bradley or Cleveland. Collins Hill had over 5000 at one time, now in 3000 and their program isnt as good(although losing a coach does that also while Cleveland has but hasnt missed a beat), Parkview used to be studs but not so much anymore, McEachern was the same way. 

 

Also it doesnt seem by very shallow look that your private schools are all that good, so unlike in TN where they pick up wrestlers from other schools to go there, you dont really have a CBHS, Father Ryan, McCallie or Baylor although Marist was ok, and Westminster was also along with Eagles Landing. I dont pay as much attention as i did in 90's and early 2000's to GA wrestling when those teams were dang tough. 

Just to give you some background.....on me.....(since I sort of stalk CoachT)

My 2 oldest went to Collins Hill.......both were part of the wrestling team and those great teams.  I still live in the CH district......far as I know, no school in GA has ever have more than 4300 students (largest is Mill Creek)........that's why we keep building new schools.  I helped start the feeder team at Collins Hill back in the late 90's.  CH is coming back.......so watch them......large numbers in feeder program....and in HS room.  New coach is very good....from Michigan.

My youngest is at Buford.......and she's a wrestling Manager.....(Buford has the coach that was at Archer...and Parkview before that)

My nephew was a state champ in 2002 at Baylor....back when the weight was 189. For those that may know him, he's now a Lt. Commander in the Navy.

I went to Hixson.....way back! (with Sommers) That's why I still follow TN wrestling.

Not sure why the private schools have never been like they are in TN. (You left out Lovett!)  I don't think many are even nearly as old.  If you think about it, Gwinnett County only had 20,000 people in 1970. So, everything is fairly new here. 

Anyway, back to topic......I wish we had a coaches poll!!! Also wish in the ATL metro we had middle school wrestling!

Thanks for your reply.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RMC said:

Just to give you some background.....on me.....(since I sort of stalk CoachT)

My 2 oldest went to Collins Hill.......both were part of the wrestling team and those great teams.  I still live in the CH district......far as I know, no school in GA has ever have more than 4300 students (largest is Mill Creek)........that's why we keep building new schools.  I helped start the feeder team at Collins Hill back in the late 90's.  CH is coming back.......so watch them......large numbers in feeder program....and in HS room.  New coach is very good....from Michigan.

My youngest is at Buford.......and she's a wrestling Manager.....(Buford has the coach that was at Archer...and Parkview before that)

My nephew was a state champ in 2002 at Baylor....back when the weight was 189. For those that may know him, he's now a Lt. Commander in the Navy.

I went to Hixson.....way back! (with Sommers) That's why I still follow TN wrestling.

Not sure why the private schools have never been like they are in TN. (You left out Lovett!)  I don't think many are even nearly as old.  If you think about it, Gwinnett County only had 20,000 people in 1970. So, everything is fairly new here. 

Anyway, back to topic......I wish we had a coaches poll!!! Also wish in the ATL metro we had middle school wrestling!

Thanks for your reply.

I know who you are RMC, you were always great with the Georgia boys and helping us when they were coming to tourneys up here like McCallie, i joined in 2003 after you joined in 02.  

 

CH i meant to put 4000 not 5, ooops but you are correct 4300 is about tops for them, however when you look at it that way, that would still be more than the most populous  school in TN right now and the 15th biggest school, while the biggest high school in GA right now is 4000 which is McGavock plus Ooltewah, GA just has much bigger schools. I think TN has 16 or about schools with 2k or more students while GA has 50 schools over 2k with 6 over 3k.  

 

And it seems to me your best teams have to do with a coach LOL. Dang Parkview was tough as nails back when they came to McCallie tourney and of course Archer after and now Buford. 

 

Now as far as middle school don't get me started. Hamilton counties season is about a month long start to finish, they have cut it from back when i was wrestling and it meaning something to lots of kids just skip it and stay with their club teams instead :( Back in the day the HCAC tourney was something if you could win it, we even wrestled Bradley and other teams back at that point. Now its a joke of a season.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baylor is going to be without 2 wrestlers at KC this weekend.  Last week 4 out and this week 2 out due to sickness.  Harper 195 and Dendy 132, two studs.  Going to be interesting to see how they stack up with some top National competion.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, Thethunda190 said:

People said the same thing about McCallie last year. Not saying Baylor doesn't have the horses, because they most certainly went out and got them this year, but there is a lot more that goes into a state title then just having some good wrestlers. Not going to say the Bros will be able to beat Baylor but to say it won't be close is a little ridiculous considering that they just bet them by 50 in the bradley invitational. I know Baylor had a couple starters out but 50 points is a lot to make up    

How’d the bros finish in Kansas City? Baylor had 2 out with the flu and half the team sick... and still pounded Christian Bros... just saying. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If like to see the Erwin machine... Union county KY vs a few of the TN/GA teams noted above. 

 

I know they beat Father Ryan 44-27, earlier this season (may not mean a lot in December) and they'll be back to the Ryan tournament Jan 4-5th.

Edited by Sommers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...