TN Coach's Poll for 17 December

ArtusCimber

21 hours ago, Wrestlingmom7 said:

How’d the bros finish in Kansas City? Baylor had 2 out with the flu and half the team sick... and still pounded Christian Bros... just saying. 

How is it they “pounded” CBHS? Oh and the Bros were without 2 of their starters. But like I said, that stuff happens. There was only one head to head match up this weekend between the two teams. So I’m not sure how the Bros got pounded by Baylor. 

39 minutes ago, BQ125 said:

Lol, would love to see who those two wrestlers are and if it could have been as big of an impact like Dendy and Harper ranked number 1 in the state.  Needless to say it will be a great state dual and state championship!

Just got to look if you want to see, and not saying if they would or wouldn't. Just pointing out that missing starters is part of the game. So bringing it up every time doesn't change the score any. Baylor did great, and glad to see TN wrestling getting better and better.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:50 PM, PurpleWrestler said:

WAIT, so it's what someone thinks their line up might be, and not what it is? Look, if a college team is missing people and lose, they drop in the rankings. Why is this any different? This kills me, if and when they get their "full" team back, and win, that's when they should move back up. What if they NEVER get their "full" team back?

Its the same issue as individual rankings. Ranking kids where you THINK they might end up, but they haven't ever wrestled there. I get the preseason rankings doing that, but once the season starts is should be only about what you are doing at that moment in time.

This is what you said last week. This week it was a 48 point Baylor over Christian Brothers and if it was CBHS missing 2 and Baylor missing 2 also, we actually saw more close to what Baylor does against CBHS since everyone wants to make where individual tournament finishes have a bearing on best teams! Point is they really don't make a difference on the best team, especially since th beet team is proven head2head in a dual!

And my ssecond thought

Not sure why ANYONE would use flo arena for anything. Absolutely the worst results page I have seen and pretty much useless! Has wrestlers finishing 1st but yet they lost in the finals and got second, some teams have 16-17 wrestlers on the results while others 14. Absolutely a terrible way of doing something and pretty much worthless when wanting to see actual results. I hope they pay the tournaments good money for running their junk! 

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

This is what you said last week. This week it was a 48 point Baylor over Christian Brothers and if it was CBHS missing 2 and Baylor missing 2 also, we actually saw more close to what Baylor does against CBHS since everyone wants to make where individual tournament finishes have a bearing on best teams! Point is they really don't make a difference on the best team, especially since th beet team is proven head2head in a dual!

And my ssecond thought

Not sure why ANYONE would use flo arena for anything. Absolutely the worst results page I have seen and pretty much useless! Has wrestlers finishing 1st but yet they lost in the finals and got second, some teams have 16-17 wrestlers on the results while others 14. Absolutely a terrible way of doing something and pretty much worthless when wanting to see actual results. I hope they pay the tournaments good money for running their junk! 

Yeah flo sucks to follow along with. Made it really hard to determine anything. 

11 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

Yeah flo sucks to follow along with. Made it really hard to determine anything. 

Not sure why flo has to suck so bad. They could still be their own and just somewhat get closer to how track does things. Also I do wish that the other poster that said team scores from last year were correct on track and not flo could post that because I can see that happening since Flo's team scores make no sense at all on how it is scored and so I can see the Track score from last year he posted as correct compared to the flo one that was posted.

Also, I can't wait to see those two head 2head. Individual tourneys mean nothing to me on determining best team because of how seeds are drawn and everything else that can happen. CBHS I do think has plenty for Baylor in best of the best this year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Not sure why flo has to suck so bad. They could still be their own and just somewhat get closer to how track does things. Also I do wish that the other poster that said team scores from last year were correct on track and not flo could post that because I can see that happening since Flo's team scores make no sense at all on how it is scored and so I can see the Track score from last year he posted as correct compared to the flo one that was posted.

Also, I can't wait to see those two head 2head. Individual tourneys mean nothing to me on determining best team because of how seeds are drawn and everything else that can happen. CBHS I do think has plenty for Baylor in best of the best this year.

I’m really not sure where track would have anything. We have  to hand key in everything from this tournament for team stuff. But not team scores. Since flo is what the tournament uses. I would assume it had to be correct. I know they announced the same team scores that flo has. So my guess is that someone keyed it in correctly to track. 

42 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

I’m really not sure where track would have anything. We have  to hand key in everything from this tournament for team stuff. But not team scores. Since flo is what the tournament uses. I would assume it had to be correct. I know they announced the same team scores that flo has. So my guess is that someone keyed it in correctly to track. 

I am not so sure on that. Seems by looking at how they put the scores together they are counting first place winners with same points as someone that won first in the other division which I don’t think is very fair, or maybe I am looking at it wrong because their sites sucks not real sure. But I also see it hard to get 600 plus points at a tournament if scored correctly with 40 teams while Beast had more teams and scores not even close to 600 plus.

9 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

I am not so sure on that. Seems by looking at how they put the scores together they are counting first place winners with same points as someone that won first in the other division which I don’t think is very fair, or maybe I am looking at it wrong because their sites sucks not real sure. But I also see it hard to get 600 plus points at a tournament if scored correctly with 40 teams while Beast had more teams and scores not even close to 600 plus.

Well, some tournaments score slightly different. The scoring method that KCI says they use is below, but in doing the math, I really can't get it to add up exactly. So still looking if it's something I missed, or flo is just off. (HOPEFULLY, it's my mistake, could be bad if it's Flo's)

POOL ROUNDS ONLY
WIN BY DECISION (1 to 7 pts.) 2.0pts
WIN BY MAJOR DECISION (8 to 14 pts.) 3.0pts
WIN BY TECHNICAL FALL (15+ pts.) 3.5pts
WIN BY FALL, FORFEIT, DEFAULT, ETC. 4.0pts
BYE* 2.0pts *BYES are not counted as wins, only as an advancement

GOLD BRACKET
WIN BY: DECISION MAJOR DECISION TECHNICAL FALL, FALL ETC.
First Round 8.0 9.0 9.5 10.0
First Wrestleback 7.0 8.0 8.5 9.0
Quarterfinal 31.0 32.0 32.5 33.0
WBack QFinal 15.0 16.0 16.5 17.0
Semifinal 12.0 13.0 13.5 14.0
5th Place Semifinal 8.0 9.0 9.5 10.0
9th Place Semifinal 6.0 7.0 7.5 8.0
13th Place Semifinal 3.5 4.5 5.0 5.5
1st & 3rd Place Final 4.0 5.0 5.5 6.0
7th Place Final 3.0 4.0 4.5 5.0
5th, 9th, 11th Place Final 2.0 3.0 3.5 4.0
13th, 15th Place Final 1.0 2.0 2.5 3.0

SILVER BRACKET
No Team points will be awarded in this bracket except for Activity points for a Major Decision or better.
WIN BY: BYE DECISION MAJOR DECISION TECHNICAL FALL, FALL ETC.
In Any Round 0.0 0.0 1.0 1.5 2.0

PW, I thought you must have had a typo in the scoring with the QUARTERS carrying so much weight so I looked it up for myself. To my surprise, it looks like an exact copy and paste straight from the Stampede website. Surely this is a typo. If not, can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind this bc I'm not smart enough to figure this backward eff'd up scoring system out for myself. 

24 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

PW, I thought you must have had a typo in the scoring with the QUARTERS carrying so much weight so I looked it up for myself. To my surprise, it looks like an exact copy and paste straight from the Stampede website. Surely this is a typo. If not, can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind this bc I'm not smart enough to figure this backward eff'd up scoring system out for myself. 

Yup, I'm too lazy to type all that :)

Maybe it's because they value placing at this tournament, so by winning the quarters you guarantee placing top 4