STONE MEM vs cumb co.

ThePinkPanther

1 hour ago, Indian said:

Maybe CC should be more concerned about winning games and developing younger talent than getting the main player her 30 points in fourth quarters, when they’re ahead by 30 or 40. 

It took stones starters and 3 referees to defeat cchs second team in overtime. All of cchs starters but one were fouled out. And she had 4 fouls. Maybe you should watch the game before commenting on it

The better coached TEAM won last night.  Anyone who objectively watched that game was not surprised with the foul count.  A foul is a defensive mistake.  Reaching, grabbing, etc. are fouls.  Having the awareness to adjust starts with the coach.  Cumberland has played that style of "bully ball" for a while.  Help from the bench is not as strong this year.   It's very clear that the underclassmen are not developing.  It shows no class when the coach makes comments about the number of fouls being called on her team on the radio.  Win of lose show some class!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ADMIRAL said:

The better coached TEAM won last night.  Anyone who objectively watched that game was not surprised with the foul count.  A foul is a defensive mistake.  Reaching, grabbing, etc. are fouls.  Having the awareness to adjust starts with the coach.  Cumberland has played that style of "bully ball" for a while.  Help from the bench is not as strong this year.   It's very clear that the underclassmen are not developing.  It shows no class when the coach makes comments about the number of fouls being called on her team on the radio.  Win of lose show some class!

There again, watch the game before commenting.  4 of the 5 fouls called on Dishman were offensive, and on the last two of those, there was no contact.  When your top seven players have 32 fouls, you have a right to complain.  And as far as bullies, Stone is one of the dirtiest, cheap shot teams in Tennessee.  #5 for stone should have been ejected in the first quarter for trying to break a girls arm. Dragged her to the floor while twisting her arm underneath.  And anybody who watched the game objectively, knows that. 

The foul count was close to even.  Cumb Co. probably had 4 or 5 more, but those fouls came in OT when they were trying to stay in the game & intentionally fouling.  Stone missed some late FT's so C.C. kept fouling.  Both teams had 1 player fouled out before the end of the 4th Q.  The refs called the game the same both ways.  They were consistent in not allowing hand checks and they called multiple player control fouls on both teams.  But it is a circus anytime Cumb Co. doesn't win if you watch how they act.  Not much class on display.  I don't think they have ever lost a game that the refs weren't cheating.  Gotta blame somebody.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThePinkPanther said:

The foul count was close to even.  Cumb Co. probably had 4 or 5 more, but those fouls came in OT when they were trying to stay in the game & intentionally fouling.  Stone missed some late FT's so C.C. kept fouling.  Both teams had 1 player fouled out before the end of the 4th Q.  The refs called the game the same both ways.  They were consistent in not allowing hand checks and they called multiple player control fouls on both teams.  But it is a circus anytime Cumb Co. doesn't win if you watch how they act.  Not much class on display.  I don't think they have ever lost a game that the refs weren't cheating.  Gotta blame somebody.

Like I said, watch a game before commenting. Cchs had 5 players foul out another with  four and one with three. Those are the top seven players.   Stone had 1 foul out.  And she should have been ejected early

Pretty sure PinkPanther was at the game, as was I. I hate to see this hard fought game reduced to blame and whining by the fans when it didn’t go their way. The refs weren’t great, but they weren’t great for either team. They were consistent. So if you’re getting called consistently for the same thing, make the adjustments you need to make in order to stop getting called for it. Right or wrong, she knew they were going to call it, ( or should have after the second or third time)and she didn’t adjust.  Indian hit the nail on the head- look at the scoring breakdown and you will see four SMHS players in double figures versus 2 for CCHS. It’s a team game. When Dishman fouled out, you could see a difference in the confidence of the rest of her team, with the exception of Addy Wilson, who was fighting strong until the end. This is what happens when you build your offense around one player. When Eldridge fouled out, there was  more than one player ready to step in and fill that gap, and by ready I mean mentally and physically prepared. That’s team coaching, and that was the difference. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Like I said, watch a game before commenting. Cchs had 5 players foul out another with  four and one with three. Those are the top seven players.   Stone had 1 foul out.  And she should have been ejected early

So are you saying that CC players can't guard Stone's players without fouling them??

Or are you saying CC can't beat Stone unless the refs let them foul and don't call it??

Or are you saying they should change the rules for CC players and let them get more than 5 fouls each??

Or are you saying CC really didn't foul and the refs just made stuff up because they wanted to  CC lose??

18 minutes ago, buc1973 said:

Pretty sure PinkPanther was at the game, as was I. I hate to see this hard fought game reduced to blame and whining by the fans when it didn’t go their way. The refs weren’t great, but they weren’t great for either team. They were consistent. So if you’re getting called consistently for the same thing, make the adjustments you need to make in order to stop getting called for it. Right or wrong, she knew they were going to call it, ( or should have after the second or third time)and she didn’t adjust.  Indian hit the nail on the head- look at the scoring breakdown and you will see four SMHS players in double figures versus 2 for CCHS. It’s a team game. When Dishman fouled out, you could see a difference in the confidence of the rest of her team, with the exception of Addy Wilson, who was fighting strong until the end. This is what happens when you build your offense around one player. When Eldridge fouled out, there was  more than one player ready to step in and fill that gap, and by ready I mean mentally and physically prepared. That’s team coaching, and that was the difference. 

How do you adjust shooting a pull up 6 footer with a foot between you and the defender, and getting called for offensive foul?  There was enough room between them that 5’6 was able to shoot over 6’2