STONE MEM vs cumb co.

ThePinkPanther

1 minute ago, ThePinkPanther said:

So are you saying that CC players can't guard Stone's players without fouling them??

Or are you saying CC can't beat Stone unless the refs let them foul and don't call it??

Or are you saying they should change the rules for CC players and let them get more than 5 fouls each??

Or are you saying CC really didn't foul and the refs just made stuff up because they wanted to  CC lose??

8 of cchs fouls were called offensive.  I’ve seen those same three officials call together at  3 other gyms this year, and they were homers at all of them.  They are terrible.   And yes, Stone has to have the officials to win.  

6 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

8 of cchs fouls were called offensive.  I’ve seen those same three officials call together at  3 other gyms this year, and they were homers at all of them.  They are terrible.   And yes, Stone has to have the officials to win.  

This is the problem at that school. Don't fix a problem, blame anything, and everything instead. 

Smarter coaching won that game. You say 4 girls for cchs and 1 for stone fouled out. You don't tell the whole story though. When Stone players got in foul trouble they went to the bench. When cchs players got in foul trouble they were left in their to foul out. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, twopairsofgloves said:

This is the problem at that school. Don't fix a problem, blame anything, and everything instead. 

Smarter coaching won that game. You say 4 girls for cchs and 1 for stone fouled out. You don't tell the whole story though. When Stone players got in foul trouble they went to the bench. When cchs players got in foul trouble they were left in their to foul out. 

It was 5. Cchs played 10 girls.  Players 7 through 10 were on the floor almost the entire overtime, and stone starters still needed help to beat them. How much coaching was involved in poor officiating and why can’t buck out coach any decent coach outside of his own gym?  

1 hour ago, twopairsofgloves said:

Stone only had one player in foul trouble.  Again, I was at the game, and judging from your comments, you weren’t. And I’m pretty sure your team got spanked by 40 last week at home by cchs. 

22 minutes ago, plateauvol said:

Why do people have to bash one team or the other? The game was great and it put on display some very talented kids.  We are lucky to have two great basketball teams in our town. The kids get along with each other and both teams have the opportunity to make a deep run in the post season. 

This. It’s not even the kids who get butt-hurt. For the most part, they’re very supportive of one another. The parents , on the other hand...

18 hours ago, Indian said:

Maybe CC should be more concerned about winning games and developing younger talent than getting the main player her 30 points in fourth quarters, when they’re ahead by 30 or 40. 

17 hours ago, Indian said:

Wasn’t at the Stone game but sounds like a good victory over their rivals. Build a little more depth instead of trying to break records and maybe you could have beaten Stone. Did anyone throw any buckets?

One of my friends were at the Stone and CC game and called me and he doesn't pull for either side and said it should have been over in regulation because the girl 0n CC that the Indian says runs up her stats hit the last second shot and was pulled to the ground and never got the and one foul . He said they would have been no problems with this post if the refs would have ended right there like it should have been and if she would have drained the free throw if had the opportunity. And for the rest of your post he went to York and CC last night and CC main player like you said had 25 and played 2 minutes into third quarter and never hit floor again the rest of game. So all this negativity post could have been avoided. I have no beef in it but I like great players and I try and keep up with them so don't take it away from the players because your probably not playing or coaching like me. Im just a basketball fan and been going to games all over Tennessee all my life so quit bashing players and coaches that you don't even know .

• Thanks 1

I have been to multiple CC games and Stone games this year and I listen to several more on the radio so I feel pretty confident I understand the strengths and weaknesses of each team.

The facts are undeniable from the SMHS v CCHS game: (1) Stone's depth > CCHS depth (2) CCHS best player > SMHS best player (3) Referees called the game tight, but consistent (4) Coaching adjustments at half by SMHS > coaching adjustments at half by CCHS. 

Fans, players and coaches were all witness to the amount of and types of fouls being called from the very beginning. Whether or not a person agrees with it is inconsequential - it is up to the players and coaches to adjust and adapt to the flow of the game and ultimately, that is why CCHS lost. They have one system and one philosophy and the coach was incapable or too stubborn or maybe both to make the needed changes to allow her players to thrive. 

Also, fans should understand coaches are usually better when the players are better so the fact that (over the last few years) CCHS has struggled so much to beat SMHS shows the poor coaching that is taking place at CCHS because, until this year, CCHS has consistently had more depth and more talent. Bottom line, this loss is on the coach as CCHS and anyone - including her - that says otherwise, is foolish and truly is a homer who refuses to accept reality. 

8 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

It was 5. Cchs played 10 girls.  Players 7 through 10 were on the floor almost the entire overtime, and stone starters still needed help to beat them. How much coaching was involved in poor officiating and why can’t buck out coach any decent coach outside of his own gym?  

Exactly in overtime they were in. Had they used during regulation they could have kept some starters out from fouling out. 

If the game is officiated poorly then a good team will adjust the way they play.  You have to change your game plan and change how you play.  Cumberland didn't.  Whether you like it or not the refs were consistent the whole game.  Cumberland rolled the dice and got burnt.  As far as questioning the coach at Stone i believe his overall body of work speaks for itself.  There is no doubt that he is respected in the coaching ranks.  I'm pretty sure thats not the case with the Cumberland coach.  I mean how can you respect a leader of young people who consistently runs the score up on weaker opponents and makes sure certain players pad their stats.  Those actions gain NO RESPECT in the coaching fraternity!  The great Pat Summitt said to always RESPECT yourself and others.  Guess the Cumberland coach doesn't buy into that philosophy.      

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mw4vols said:

Stone only had one player in foul trouble.  Again, I was at the game, and judging from your comments, you weren’t. And I’m pretty sure your team got spanked by 40 last week at home by cchs. 

That is false and it is hard to take you seriously on anything when you state that a stone girl was trying to break the arm of her opponent. Yeah because that is on every girls wish list, feel an arm break in her hands.  

Edited by twopairsofgloves
  • Like 1