Region 1 2A Schedules

6 hours ago, old24eagle said:

I miss our 1A district with Cosby , Hampton , Unaka , Cloudland , N. Greene , Jellico and even GCA.

That was a fun district, you had the big bad meanies in Hampton who everybody wanted to beat , you had us and Cloudland nipping at their heels most years , you always had a suprise team show up and have a good year from time to time , we could all gripe about GCA recruiting ...ahhhhh good times!

Those WERE the days!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Who do you fellas think will top the 2A region 1 this year?

That's about impossible to say at this point. 2016 was HV  and Hampton had the best #2 seed ive seen up here in awhile. 2017 was North 2018 was SG so nobody has it on lock down. Id have to lean Hampton or HV if im guessing.

54 minutes ago, GoWarriors said:

That's about impossible to say at this point. 2016 was HV  and Hampton had the best #2 seed ive seen up here in awhile. 2017 was North 2018 was SG so nobody has it on lock down. Id have to lean Hampton or HV if im guessing.

I wouldnt pick against Hampton or HV. Hampton has loads of tradition and solid talent every year. HV has had 1,859 kids on the sideline every year so they just keep reloading. I feel like SN and SG graduate alot from last year. Cosby will be better we only graduate 6 kids and only 2 starters. Not sure if were ready to compete for #1 just yet but playoffs arent out of the question.

1 hour ago, old24eagle said:

I wouldnt pick against Hampton or HV. Hampton has loads of tradition and solid talent every year. HV has had 1,859 kids on the sideline every year so they just keep reloading. I feel like SN and SG graduate alot from last year. Cosby will be better we only graduate 6 kids and only 2 starters. Not sure if were ready to compete for #1 just yet but playoffs arent out of the question.

If you guys only lost 2 starters then that's tremendous. I hope you guys do get in the playoffs honestly that would be huge .

36 minutes ago, GoWarriors said:

If you guys only lost 2 starters then that's tremendous. I hope you guys do get in the playoffs honestly that would be huge .

We graduate a Center/DE who played very little Defense and a couple of WR/DB's who played and contributed. We were mostly sophomores last year with 3 or 4 juniors sprinkled in.

13 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

How deep can this region go in the playoffs ?? Clueless on this region over here in lil old Trenton Tn

If History is any indication ( and it usually is ) Region 1 would have to have a " loaded team " to get to the 3rd round. Hampton has made it to the semis 4 times. That seems to be the barrier in our conference.

• August 24th Cloudland at home, August 29th Chuckey Doak at home, September 8th Hampton at home, September 13 Unicoi , September 20th Cosby, September 27 Unaka, October 4th bye, October 11th Johnson County at home, October 18th Sullivan North, October 25th Trinity Academy at home, November 1st South Greene
Edited by GoWarriors
more info to add