District 8-A

ecu

On 1/20/2020 at 7:09 AM, Baseballdad75 said:

I think the same. The info I have gotten from from MC, Huntland looked like they were took by surprise and didn't know what was coming. Cascade may get better as the year goes on and could inch up into the 4th seed.

Cascade with a minor upset, Huntland with a near miss major upset. Eagleville big win.

Eagleville looks like one of the best Class A teams in the state. Who else makes it out of this region to the sub state?  Over on this side you’ve got 3-4 teams that are solid in Clay County, Monterey, Red Boiling and Gordonsville. None are as good as Eagleville but I think Clay and Monterey have the best chances of hosting a sub state game. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Eagleville looks like one of the best Class A teams in the state. Who else makes it out of this region to the sub state?  Over on this side you’ve got 3-4 teams that are solid in Clay County, Monterey, Red Boiling and Gordonsville. None are as good as Eagleville but I think Clay and Monterey have the best chances of hosting a sub state game. 

It will be between Fayetteville and Eagleville for the top two slots.  FHS had a gut-check Tuesday against a game Huntland team, but tbh, FHS wasn't firing on all cylinders with some players injured, but still pulled ahead and stayed ahead in the 4th.  EHS comes to The Hill Friday which should be a barn-burner!

5 hours ago, Varo said:

It will be between Fayetteville and Eagleville for the top two slots.  FHS had a gut-check Tuesday against a game Huntland team, but tbh, FHS wasn't firing on all cylinders with some players injured, but still pulled ahead and stayed ahead in the 4th.  EHS comes to The Hill Friday which should be a barn-burner!

Eagleville far superior this year!  Eagleville by double digits.

2 hours ago, Varo said:

Lol.  we'll see tonight how much better they are.

I just noticed that Eagleville and Fayetteville are both ranked in the polls. Congrats to both of them. I miss the old district and watching those games on the boys and girls side. It was some really good basketball for years. Imagine adding Community into this group. Would probably be one if not the best Class A district around. Hopefully the TSSAA will get more classifications for hoops and maybe some of these rivalries will get back in district play. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way. and watching those games

23 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Eagleville has one of the best players in A. Lost a lot from last years team

18 hours ago, Observation said:

I just noticed that Eagleville and Fayetteville are both ranked in the polls. Congrats to both of them. I miss the old district and watching those games on the boys and girls side. It was some really good basketball for years. Imagine adding Community into this group. Would probably be one if not the best Class A district around. Hopefully the TSSAA will get more classifications for hoops and maybe some of these rivalries will get back in district play. Good luck to all teams the rest of the way. and watching those games

Community would dominate 8A this year. Just like they are 12AA.

On 1/25/2020 at 7:04 AM, ecu said:

Have to admit I blew this one. Davenport must not have played well. How many did McClaren have?

I don't remember what our radio guy said, but I'm guessing he got at least half to 70% of their points. Should be a good candidate from 8-A for Mr. BBall.  Would be even better if he was on our team.