District 8-A

ecu

Looks like Eagleville is the team to beat after their big win over CA. Fayetteville doesn't have quite the firepower to outscore Eagleville. One of these two will be in the state. Looks like Cornersville and Cascade next with Moore Co. and Huntland being in the mix by tournament time.

13 hours ago, ecu said:

Looks like Eagleville is the team to beat after their big win over CA. Fayetteville doesn't have quite the firepower to outscore Eagleville. One of these two will be in the state. Looks like Cornersville and Cascade next with Moore Co. and Huntland being in the mix by tournament time.

I would say there is a good chance both Eagleville & Fayetteville could make it to the state this year. Both have good scorers, play good defense and have depth. 

After seeing both teams I would give the slight upper hand to Fayetteville to win the district. CA was at full strength against Fayetteville and had to fight hard to pull out the 3pt win. Against Eagleville CA had 1 starter and 2 bench players out last night. Those players combined to score 30% of the CA's points in the first matchup this season against Eagleville. A win is a win though... Eagleville played hard and never gave up. 

11 hours ago, Dunc4265 said:

Fayetteville and had to fight hard to pull out the 3pt win. Against Eagleville CA had 1 starter and 2 bench players out last night. Those players combined to score 30% of the CA's points in the first matchup this season against Eagleville. A win is a win though... Eagleville played hard and never gave up. 

Would agree both could be in state. One will have to beat Clay Co. to get there. Eagleville beat Community both times and Fayetteville lost to Community last night on a neutral floor. Would like to hear someone from Community give an opinion.

28 minutes ago, ecu said:

Would agree both could be in state. One will have to beat Clay Co. to get there. Eagleville beat Community both times and Fayetteville lost to Community last night on a neutral floor. Would like to hear someone from Community give an opinion.

From what I was told Community slowed it way down and played a half court game until Fayetteville tried to make a run to late. I believe Community only had 27 at half and Fayetteville was in the teens. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 6:56 AM, ecu said:

The game to watch will be this Friday when Eagleville comes to Fayetteville.  We opened up district play against a (young?) Moore Co. team last Friday and the Raiders were simply outclassed.  Couldn't keep up with the Tiger's speed of play and athleticism.  We go to Huntland tomorrow.  Without having watched Eagleville play this season, and having watched several of our out-of-district games, I would say we (Fayetteville) stand a good chance of going deep into the post-season.  

3 hours ago, Varo said:

The game to watch will be this Friday when Eagleville comes to Fayetteville.  We opened up district play against a (young?) Moore Co. team last Friday and the Raiders were simply outclassed.  Couldn't keep up with the Tiger's speed of play and athleticism.  We go to Huntland tomorrow.  Without having watched Eagleville play this season, and having watched several of our out-of-district games, I would say we (Fayetteville) stand a good chance of going deep into the post-season.  

Going to be a great game!

On 12/29/2018 at 8:26 PM, Dunc4265 said:

I would say there is a good chance both Eagleville & Fayetteville could make it to the state this year. Both have good scorers, play good defense and have depth. 

After seeing both teams I would give the slight upper hand to Fayetteville to win the district. CA was at full strength against Fayetteville and had to fight hard to pull out the 3pt win. Against Eagleville CA had 1 starter and 2 bench players out last night. Those players combined to score 30% of the CA's points in the first matchup this season against Eagleville. A win is a win though... Eagleville played hard and never gave up. 

I highly doubt the loser of the region will be able to come over and beat a team out of our region. Most likely Clay County will be the region champions and I don’t see either of these teams being able to beat them in Celina. 

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:34 PM, UCSportsFan said:

I highly doubt the loser of the region will be able to come over and beat a team out of our region. Most likely Clay County will be the region champions and I don’t see either of these teams being able to beat them in Celina. 

Would not be surprised to see both in the state. Either team can beat Clay and that is no disrespect to Clay. Two of those three will be in state.

13 hours ago, ecu said:

Would not be surprised to see both in the state. Either team can beat Clay and that is no disrespect to Clay. Two of those three will be in state.

Negative. After looking at each teams schedules the only one that has a chance of winning would be Eagleville and that would have to be at home. Fayetteville has ZERO chance of beating the 6th place team in district 6A let alone our Region Champions. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

17 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Negative. After looking at each teams schedules the only one that has a chance of winning would be Eagleville and that would have to be at home. Fayetteville has ZERO chance of beating the 6th place team in district 6A let alone our Region Champions. 

Sometimes it's refreshing to read comments from someone who is so into their team, that they can predict a cake-walk into the top ranks of the state tournament.  And, sometimes, it's not.  Clay County was able to go to the Elite 8 last year carrying a 21-12 record, until they got beat at that game.   Getting there was a great accomplishment, granted.  And, I can empathize with you that your team is the shizz and will take it all, but to go on and say that MY team Fayetteville wouldn't even stand a chance against your number six (Red Boiling Springs) is stupid.  In the first place, RBS wouldn't even make it out of your district tournament, much less into the regional quarters. 

This year, we both shared a common opponent--Loretto, the defending state champs.  Granted, it's difficult to repeat successes year after year.  Fayetteville beat Loretto in the first meeting 45-42 and we lost in double OT 65-67 in the following game.  Ya'll beat Loretto 59-54.  Just looking at schedules, the only team of consequence you've beat was (then) #4 York, and you split games with them as well!  And, unless I'm mistaken, Clay was the four seed from your district last year going into the state.  There are good teams in your district, you're saying you've already won it all?  I'm saying, there's a lot of ball to be played, and against some good teams.  Let's revisit after district tournaments and we'll see where your Bulldong team is and where my Fayetteville Tigers are.