District 8-A

ecu

9 hours ago, therickbol said:

Either of these teams can and probably will defeat Clay County in substate. 

You know what now that you said that I mean yeah I guess you’re right. Clay would just be happy to be in the same gym as either of these two teams. No doubt they would be the sacrificial Lamb if y’all played them. What was I thinking.  Please forgive my ignorance... in what world could Clay County ever possibly compete against these two juggernauts in Class A. I know they’ve both played in several substate games and at multiple state tournaments the last 10 year and I’m sure the players on these two teams have all played in a state championship game. Please tell me all the championships they’ve played for so we can all give them the honor they so deserve!

Edited by UCSportsFan

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

You know what now that you said that I mean yeah I guess you’re right. Clay would just be happy to be in the same gym as either of these two teams. No doubt they would be the sacrificial Lamb if y’all played them. What was I thinking.  Please forgive my ignorance... in what world could Clay County ever possibly compete against these two juggernauts in Class A. I know they’ve both played in several substate games and at multiple state tournaments the last 10 year and I’m sure the players on these two teams have all played in a state championship game. Please tell me all the championships they’ve played for so we can all give them the honor they so deserve!

No one said anything negative about Clay Co. All was said Fayetteville and Eagleville have a chance. They will have to play well especially if it is at Celina. It's tournament time. Anything can happen. All teams have to make it through Region first. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thenomad said:

No one said anything negative about Clay Co. All was said Fayetteville and Eagleville have a chance. They will have to play well especially if it is at Celina. It's tournament time. Anything can happen. All teams have to make it through Region first. 

Well said!  All joking aside both of these two teams from 8A are very good and will be tough outs for any team looking to beat them. 

So far of the two games played, Fayetteville has kept up their end of the bargain.  The Tigers easily put GC of F out of the tournament beating them 78-53 Saturday afternoon.  GC actually scored more than I expected they would, but they made a good run in the fourth qtr when most of the bench had been cleared. 

With the weather rescheduling, Moore just lost today as reported on the T 62-73 to Merrol Hyde and Eagleville / RePublic -- Cascade/LEAD are fixin' to tip off in a few.