District 8-A

ecu

18 hours ago, Varo said:

Sometimes it's refreshing to read comments from someone who is so into their team, that they can predict a cake-walk into the top ranks of the state tournament.  And, sometimes, it's not.  Clay County was able to go to the Elite 8 last year carrying a 21-12 record, until they got beat at that game.   Getting there was a great accomplishment, granted.  And, I can empathize with you that your team is the shizz and will take it all, but to go on and say that MY team Fayetteville wouldn't even stand a chance against your number six (Red Boiling Springs) is stupid.  In the first place, RBS wouldn't even make it out of your district tournament, much less into the regional quarters. 

This year, we both shared a common opponent--Loretto, the defending state champs.  Granted, it's difficult to repeat successes year after year.  Fayetteville beat Loretto in the first meeting 45-42 and we lost in double OT 65-67 in the following game.  Ya'll beat Loretto 59-54.  Just looking at schedules, the only team of consequence you've beat was (then) #4 York, and you split games with them as well!  And, unless I'm mistaken, Clay was the four seed from your district last year going into the state.  There are good teams in your district, you're saying you've already won it all?  I'm saying, there's a lot of ball to be played, and against some good teams.  Let's revisit after district tournaments and we'll see where your Bulldong team is and where my Fayetteville Tigers are.  

You know what I’m going to say I stand corrected on this. For some reason it took me to your girls schedule so no I do believe you have a quality team after looking at some of your scores and watching Loretto over Christmas. However I stand by my statement that in a substate game where you travel to Clay County, you would be hard pressed to win and would more than likely lose by double digits. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:19 PM, Varo said:

The game to watch will be this Friday when Eagleville comes to Fayetteville.  We opened up district play against a (young?) Moore Co. team last Friday and the Raiders were simply outclassed.  Couldn't keep up with the Tiger's speed of play and athleticism.  We go to Huntland tomorrow.  Without having watched Eagleville play this season, and having watched several of our out-of-district games, I would say we (Fayetteville) stand a good chance of going deep into the post-season.  

This is the first of two great games coming up. Would not be surprised to see them split, with both teams winning at home. Give us a great report tomorrow night.

• Like 1

At the half it's the home tigers coming out of the locker room leading Eagleville by 2, 31-29.  Its been vere back and forth with at lead 5 lead changes so far. Tigers have for the most part taken the lead and eagles fight to get back in. Our Julius Dixon hitting some crucial threes but not getting inside. Credit eagles for that

Mclaren for eagles has been their stud. 18 of thei 29 points. Stoudemeir for most part shut down but he looks impressive physically. Game being streamed at the Tjger Youtube channel.