Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

ecu

District 8-A

Recommended Posts

Agree Ollies Place ,Dale Hollow Bbq , Mexican. Game at 7 so I would advise to get to Celina by 4 to 4:30 so can eat and get to gym .Safe travels Fayetteville fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 6:39 AM, UCSportsFan said:

You know what now that you said that I mean yeah I guess you’re right. Clay would just be happy to be in the same gym as either of these two teams. No doubt they would be the sacrificial Lamb if y’all played them. What was I thinking.  Please forgive my ignorance... in what world could Clay County ever possibly compete against these two juggernauts in Class A. I know they’ve both played in several substate games and at multiple state tournaments the last 10 year and I’m sure the players on these two teams have all played in a state championship game. Please tell me all the championships they’ve played for so we can all give them the honor they so deserve!

I wonder if any place in Celina has a crow plate special. All joking aside. Clay Co has an awesome team. They accomplished so much. Great game for a spot in Murfreesboro!! Good luck Fayetteville and great season Clay Co. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three really good teams but only 2 get to go. Clay is better than last year but Fayetteville is playing their best ball of the year. Great to see two 8-A teams still playing. Both were top ten teams all year. Good luck to both next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 2:03 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Not a chance!  You can’t type anything you want on this website. Neither of these teams are coming to Clay and winning a substate game. 

Lol. And just like you told someone else over the weekend, enjoy baseball practice tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a heck of a game last night.  I'm still buzzing!  Clay Co. had a very good team but wasn't able to pull it off when it was all said and done.  The Tigers were able to claw through all the factors involved--atmosphere, foul trouble, missing our own free-throws at crucial times, dark/dingy lighting in the gym.  In a back and forth game with lead changes with every possession, our Tigers managed to overcome and finish on top.  Kudos to the student section and the CC fans for getting there over an hour before the game and trying to intimidate our lads.  They were loud, whenever a big basket or call was made.  But by the same token, our fans were loud as well.  CC's game plan of slowing down the run of play was effective;  a low scoring possession game and tough half court defense.  Our team speed was evident though, and we were able to get the ball inside when we needed to.  Very proud of our boy's effort and determination not to let the outside factors overwhelm them.  I'm glad that our team was able to dictate, instead of being dictated to.  Now, on to Murfreesboro against whomever we draw.  We have reached lofty heights, and it feels good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Varo said:

That was a heck of a game last night.  I'm still buzzing!  Clay Co. had a very good team but wasn't able to pull it off when it was all said and done.  The Tigers were able to claw through all the factors involved--atmosphere, foul trouble, missing our own free-throws at crucial times, dark/dingy lighting in the gym.  In a back and forth game with lead changes with every possession, our Tigers managed to overcome and finish on top.  Kudos to the student section and the CC fans for getting there over an hour before the game and trying to intimidate our lads.  They were loud, whenever a big basket or call was made.  But by the same token, our fans were loud as well.  CC's game plan of slowing down the run of play was effective;  a low scoring possession game and tough half court defense.  Our team speed was evident though, and we were able to get the ball inside when we needed to.  Very proud of our boy's effort and determination not to let the outside factors overwhelm them.  I'm glad that our team was able to dictate, instead of being dictated to.  Now, on to Murfreesboro against whomever we draw.  We have reached lofty heights, and it feels good. 

Good game for sure but the fayetteville kids need to learn to put that forearm away and not into the body of the defender and not to carry/palm the ball every dribble some ref will call that eventually and all the traveling my goodness they had 2 players that everytime they touched the ball they would take 4 steps. refs missed too many simple calls a couple that definitely would have changed the momentum. For example There was an illegal screen in the game where the kid threw his entire body into a defender and took him to the ground that’s what he meant to do, everybody in the gym knew it was illegal except the 3 that had the authority to call it I don’t know if they weren’t looking or what happened but 1/3 has to call something. The offensive fouls and travels are inexcusable calls to miss at this point in the season for seasoned officials during postseason. It’s the rules of basketball. Fayetteville won’t fare well at state if they play like they did last night, and they truly got lucky to win that game and you knew it leaving there that’s why your so lofty right now but don’t worry your expectations will be  back to normal before too long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Good game for sure but the fayetteville kids need to learn to put that forearm away and not into the body of the defender and not to carry/palm the ball every dribble some ref will call that eventually and all the traveling my goodness they had 2 players that everytime they touched the ball they would take 4 steps. refs missed too many simple calls a couple that definitely would have changed the momentum. For example There was an illegal screen in the game where the kid threw his entire body into a defender and took him to the ground that’s what he meant to do, everybody in the gym knew it was illegal except the 3 that had the authority to call it I don’t know if they weren’t looking or what happened but 1/3 has to call something. The offensive fouls and travels are inexcusable calls to miss at this point in the season for seasoned officials during postseason. It’s the rules of basketball. Fayetteville won’t fare well at state if they play like they did last night, and they truly got lucky to win that game and you knew it leaving there that’s why your so lofty right now but don’t worry your expectations will be  back to normal before too long. 

That sounds like a lot of excuses because you blew a five point lead late in the game. 8-0 run to end the game. They will represent themselves well at state.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Good game for sure but the fayetteville kids need to learn to put that forearm away and not into the body of the defender and not to carry/palm the ball every dribble some ref will call that eventually and all the traveling my goodness they had 2 players that everytime they touched the ball they would take 4 steps. refs missed too many simple calls a couple that definitely would have changed the momentum. For example There was an illegal screen in the game where the kid threw his entire body into a defender and took him to the ground that’s what he meant to do, everybody in the gym knew it was illegal except the 3 that had the authority to call it I don’t know if they weren’t looking or what happened but 1/3 has to call something. The offensive fouls and travels are inexcusable calls to miss at this point in the season for seasoned officials during postseason. It’s the rules of basketball. Fayetteville won’t fare well at state if they play like they did last night, and they truly got lucky to win that game and you knew it leaving there that’s why your so lofty right now but don’t worry your expectations will be  back to normal before too long. 

So now after the fact you're saying the refs didn't call it both ways?  They could as easily called CC's #3 for palming the ball as well, and what's up with that skip-step when he got the ball?  Is that a walk as well?  1st qtr. the fouls were like 5 to 1 against CC, but they sure evened it up in the second.  And one of our best players getting called w/ a fourth foul seconds into the third and sat out the rest of the quarter?   What about when your #3 roll tackled our #20 from behind, he came up chest-bumping, and got a technical?  Fair?  Maybe.  What about when your big man kept getting the ball stripped and arms flaying everywhere acting like he was having an epileptic seizure?  Game's over TruthHurts.  Get over it.  We won.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Varo said:

So now after the fact you're saying the refs didn't call it both ways?  They could as easily called CC's #3 for palming the ball as well, and what's up with that skip-step when he got the ball?  Is that a walk as well?  1st qtr. the fouls were like 5 to 1 against CC, but they sure evened it up in the second.  And one of our best players getting called w/ a fourth foul seconds into the third and sat out the rest of the quarter?   What about when your #3 roll tackled our #20 from behind, he came up chest-bumping, and got a technical?  Fair?  Maybe.  What about when your big man kept getting the ball stripped and arms flaying everywhere acting like he was having an epileptic seizure?  Game's over TruthHurts.  Get over it.  We won.  

It was called both ways at times but  I never said it wasn’t.  I just said a couple of their obvious mistakes that swung the momentum and cost the home team when usually it would be the other way around but there was definitely no homecooking going on the refs made sure of that. I think the rules of the board is not to bring numbers of players into this I believe the technical was warranted and the coach should have gotten one also because he marched onto the court when the player clearly reacted poorly and said some choice words to the player he had just clearly fouled. You won but that streetball mentatilty isn’t gonna translate to wins in the Boro good luck I hope you prove me wrong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...