District 8-A

ecu

11 hours ago, ecu said:

Not a good night for District 8-A. Surprised with Eagleville score. Cornersville and Cascade lost as well. How did any of them look?

I went to that game. Summertown was bigger, faster, stronger, and more skilled at almost every spot. They are one of about 5 teams that have a legitimate shot at winning it all.

Eagleville will still be near the top in their district and region with a good shot at participating in a sub state game. There is a big drop off from the top 5 And everyone else Single A girls basketball this year. I dare say The next matchup with Summertown and then the late year matchup with Loretto(at Loretto) will be the toughest two games left on their schedule.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:23 AM, rebelboy121 said:

Eagleville has lost twice to Community, may have to move them down the list unless they have some injuries. MC and Huntland both have beaten Community soundly

I believe they’ve only played once. They have lost to Central Magnet twice though. With that being said, Eagleville looks to be struggling. Still think the top half of the district is wide open. I don’t think there will be any teams that district/region who have a great shot at advancing past a Substate game.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:14 AM, thenomad said:

I think Cascade will finish higher than last. They are playing good teams which will help in district play. Cornersville on the other hand is struggling. Eagleville, Moore Co., Huntland are head and shoulders better. Fayetteville is much improved from the past few years. 

Eagleville has struggled and FC appears to be the most improved team in district. Huntland and Moore Co. have been up and down while Cornersville and Cascade are probably the two left out of Region. Any of top four could win district.

15 hours ago, Ctread2019 said:

Not sure why Tullahoma is playing in that tournament...

To get wins. Them and Coffee County play any smaller school that will play them. That's neither of them will have anything for the Murfreesboro schools in the regioN. They both need to be playing bigger schools to get better for later on.