District 8-A

ecu

2 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

Huntland not playing well right now.  Need to get all their players back and healthy.

They’ll be fine. Huntland has the most talent and depth in 8A. Their record is deceiving. Tullahoma is a good 3A school and Community is a good 2A when healthy. Who is out for Huntland other than Riley?

15 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

They’ll be fine. Huntland has the most talent and depth in 8A. Their record is deceiving. Tullahoma is a good 3A school and Community is a good 2A when healthy. Who is out for Huntland other than Riley?

Its a different one or two every game.  This season is going to be crazy, dealing with this virus.  I am hoping we will be able to complete our schedule but I think we will be lucky to play 15 games.

I haven't seen Huntland yet but looking at the box scores, Riley and the Morris sisters have missed games. I see that Danley is already playing and am sure she can't be at full strength yet. Looks like they are riding Stevensons back and still in games with good AA and AAA teams. I hear they have some good freshmen that are only going to get better as the season goes. The season will be interesting depending on what kids are out against any given team in this district.

1 hour ago, AAU07 said:

I haven't seen Huntland yet but looking at the box scores, Riley and the Morris sisters have missed games. I see that Danley is already playing and am sure she can't be at full strength yet. Looks like they are riding Stevensons back and still in games with good AA and AAA teams. I hear they have some good freshmen that are only going to get better as the season goes. The season will be interesting depending on what kids are out against any given team in this district.

Agree, they have an extremely talented 8th grade class.

• 4 weeks later...

With district play starting Friday this district could be up for grabs.  Huntland not pllaying well (lost to Richland by 25), Fayetteville much improved (beat Richland by 17) Moore County a few good wins.

District based on play so far.

1. Moore County

2. Fayetteville

3. Eagleville

3. Huntland

5. Cornersville

6. Cascade

On 1/6/2021 at 8:55 AM, rebelboy121 said:

With district play starting Friday this district could be up for grabs.  Huntland not pllaying well (lost to Richland by 25), Fayetteville much improved (beat Richland by 17) Moore County a few good wins.

1. Moore County

2. Fayetteville

3. Eagleville

3. Huntland

5. Cornersville

6. Cascade

If Huntland finishes anywhere but first in the regular season and tournament, that would be quite the disappointment with the amount of talent they have back.

No other team outside of maybe Moore County should be able to play with them. Moore is maybe more balanced with their combo of post and guard play but still aren’t nearly as deep or talented.

Of course in the year of COVID and contact tracing who knows who will be full strength on any given night.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:55 AM, rebelboy121 said:

1. Moore County

2. Fayetteville

3. Eagleville

3. Huntland

5. Cornersville

6. Cascade

District games start tonight. Who are your winners?