District 8-A

ecu

2 minutes ago, ecu said:

Who were the best five players this year?

10 for Huntland is the clear MVP. 24 from Eagleville is good. 25 from Huntland is good on both sides of the ball. Robinson from Fayetteville. Moore has a couple of guards and a post that are probably in the conversation. Not sure the top end talent in the district is as good as it’s been in the past.

1 hour ago, Ctread2019 said:

10 for Huntland is the clear MVP. 24 from Eagleville is good. 25 from Huntland is good on both sides of the ball. Robinson from Fayetteville. Moore has a couple of guards and a post that are probably in the conversation. Not sure the top end talent in the district is as good as it’s been in the past.

Would agree with all those. 24 for Cornersville is a great shooter. 13 for Fayetteville had a great year. Is hard to narrow it to five. 10, 24, and 15(MC) would be three best.

3 hours ago, ecu said:

Huntland and Eagleville for the Championship. Split in regular season. Who wins?

I think Huntland is the heavy favorite.  But it's worth talking about what Coach Lynch has done with this team.  Getting Eagleville to the state tournament a couple years ago was impressive, but getting this team to the district championship may be his best coaching job.

5 hours ago, maddams said:

I think Huntland is the heavy favorite.  But it's worth talking about what Coach Lynch has done with this team.  Getting Eagleville to the state tournament a couple years ago was impressive, but getting this team to the district championship may be his best coaching job.

Lynch always does a great job of using his talent. Wins with guards or posts. 

6 hours ago, maddams said:

I think coaching is pretty good from top to bottom in the district. Lynch, Edmondson, and Horton are all very solid in my opinion. F City has also shown a lot of growth and development with their coach the past couple of years as well.