District 8-A

ecu

9 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I was at that game. Eagleville got every call in the game. It was ridiculous but thats why it pays to be at home in the substate. Would love to see Eagleville travel to Clarkrange this year and see how it shakes out. I have no idea if any of the teams in this part of the state can compete and win against 6A teams.  So that’s why you was asking. 

Well looking at common opponents, Eagleville squeaked by a Gordonsville team who looks like they finished 5th in that district by 2 at home last night. Huntland got handled at home by Whitwell by 25 on Thursday. Pickett beat Whitwell by 18 earlier in the year in a pretty high scoring game. Whitwell looks to be the only team in their district that can compete in a Region tournament against Clarkrange, Pickett, Clay, and RBS.

It’s never a guarantee but I just don’t think 8A will have a representative in the state tournament this year.

9 hours ago, 91goldeneagle said:

Is Huntland healthy for the stretch? If they are 100% no reason they shouldn't host substate game.

No. So who is the favorite to win District? Eagleville - Cornersville and Fayetteville-Cascade in quarter final. Who advances to Region?

15 minutes ago, ecu said:

No. So who is the favorite to win District? Eagleville - Cornersville and Fayetteville-Cascade in quarter final. Who advances to Region?

Huntland is the favorite until someone proves otherwise. Being at home helps tremendously. I think Cascade beats F. City and Eagleville beats Cornersville.

22 hours ago, 91goldeneagle said:

Huntland is favorite but beatable. Moore co or eagleville could be a threat. Only question is who the #4 will be. Fayetteville seems to have all the tools but doesnt seem to know how to use them. Cascade seems to have gotten better all season but has also had some girls have some injuries lately. I'm rolling with cascade as #4

Believe it will be Huntland and Eagleville in final.

On 2/15/2020 at 10:12 PM, 91goldeneagle said:

Huntland is favorite but beatable. Moore co or eagleville could be a threat. Only question is who the #4 will be. Fayetteville seems to have all the tools but doesnt seem to know how to use them. Cascade seems to have gotten better all season but has also had some girls have some injuries lately. I'm rolling with cascade as #4

Who is hurt for Cascade? Fayetteville is dangerous. I agree Cascade looks to be the 4th seed unless the injured players are still out. Huntland has to find their stride without #20. Eagleville and MC should be a fun game to watch.

34 minutes ago, AAU07 said:

Who is hurt for Cascade? Fayetteville is dangerous. I agree Cascade looks to be the 4th seed unless the injured players are still out. Huntland has to find their stride without #20. Eagleville and MC should be a fun game to watch.

Everyone for Cascade is back. Going to be a great tournament!