District 8-A

ecu

2 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

I agree. I saw one of Huntland’s freshman in a travel ball game yesterday and she looked awesome. They have another great freshman and probably 6 or so girls coming back that are really good. Moore Co lost some depth with 2 seniors quitting and I’m not sure if they have any freshmen coming up that can matter right away. But they do have a legit big girl and Huntland does not. 

Fayetteville,Eagleville , and Cornersville also have good bigs. 

On 7/25/2020 at 7:30 AM, ecu said:

Fayetteville,Eagleville , and Cornersville also have good bigs. 

Huntland should win their district and they are much better than anyone in surrounding area including moore county.  If my soon to be new named rebelettes could keep the talent from going to Huntland we would be very good, but single A hornets are much better than us. 

1 hour ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Huntland should win their district and they are much better than anyone in surrounding area including moore county.  If my soon to be new named rebelettes could keep the talent from going to Huntland we would be very good, but single A hornets are much better than us. 

Can’t argue with Huntland winning the district. But if you can handle their pressure and hurt them in the paint, there are several teams in this district that have a chance to beat them. 

On 7/26/2020 at 10:49 AM, Richmond30 said:

Can’t argue with Huntland winning the district. But if you can handle their pressure and hurt them in the paint, there are several teams in this district that have a chance to beat them. 

So you don’t think they can run the table again? Who is their biggest challenger?

7 hours ago, ecu said:

So you don’t think they can run the table again? Who is their biggest challenger?

I do think Huntland can run the table and I think it should be easier than last year for the following reasons:

1) Eagleville lost their best guard and a good post player 

2) Moore Co lost a great player in Driver and lost depth with 2 seniors quitting 

3) Fayetteville lost their second leading scorer

4) Huntland has the best freshman class

If Huntland plays like they did in their first 7 district games, they will run the table easy. However, they struggled the last 3 when they beat Moore Co by 2, Fayetteville by 5, and Cascade by single digits. They only beat Moore Co by 2 in the district championship. They lost to Eagleville by 18 or 19 in the region semifinals and missed the substate. I know this slide was after danley got hurt but it was also around that time that Riley came back from injury and the younger Morris joined the team. they both contributed a ton and I would say they lose a few of those close games without Edwards who graduated.

Huntland still lacks interior size and scores a lot on turnovers and transition. They also rely on outside shooting. If they play a team that hurts them in the paint and doesn’t turn it over against their pressure or if Huntland has an off night shooting, I think it is possible that Moore Co, Fayetteville, Eagleville, or even an improved cornersville team could steal a game. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 9:39 PM, Richmond30 said:

I do think Huntland can run the table and I think it should be easier than last year for the following reasons:

1) Eagleville lost their best guard and a good post player 

2) Moore Co lost a great player in Driver and lost depth with 2 seniors quitting 

3) Fayetteville lost their second leading scorer

4) Huntland has the best freshman class

If Huntland plays like they did in their first 7 district games, they will run the table easy. However, they struggled the last 3 when they beat Moore Co by 2, Fayetteville by 5, and Cascade by single digits. They only beat Moore Co by 2 in the district championship. They lost to Eagleville by 18 or 19 in the region semifinals and missed the substate. I know this slide was after danley got hurt but it was also around that time that Riley came back from injury and the younger Morris joined the team. they both contributed a ton and I would say they lose a few of those close games without Edwards who graduated.

Huntland still lacks interior size and scores a lot on turnovers and transition. They also rely on outside shooting. If they play a team that hurts them in the paint and doesn’t turn it over against their pressure or if Huntland has an off night shooting, I think it is possible that Moore Co, Fayetteville, Eagleville, or even an improved cornersville team could steal a game. 

Which 4 teams will be in region? In no particular order: MC, Eagleville, Huntland, Fayetteville.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:22 AM, ecu said:

Which 4 teams will be in region? In no particular order: MC, Eagleville, Huntland, Fayetteville.

I think Huntland is a lock. MC, Eagleville, and Fayetteville should be the other 3 but Cornersville is my dark horse to steal one of those spots if someone slips. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 3:19 PM, Richmond30 said:

I think Huntland is a lock. MC, Eagleville, and Fayetteville should be the other 3 but Cornersville is my dark horse to steal one of those spots if someone slips. 

I agree on Huntland. MC and Fayetteville hasn't been impressive (yet). Eagleville looked better than expected.