District 8-A

ecu

2 minutes ago, Bridgeston said:

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. I’ve not been in the area in a long while, but I sure enjoyed watching these teams. 

Thought I was on boys thread. Should be

Huntland

Eagleville

Moore Co.

Fayetteville

Cascade

Cornersville.

7 minutes ago, AAU07 said:

Thoughts on how the tournament will shake out? I don't want to bet against Huntland but Moore County is playing well! 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see those two in final. MC is playing really well. 
Looks like tournament will be delayed with weather problems next couple of days.

All four top seeds are capable of winning tournament. Region will be a repeat of district tournament.

2 hours ago, ecu said:

Do you mean by seed number? No upsets in quarter-finals but semi-finals could have at least one. 

Just any at all. I think Moore County is better than Eagleville so don't really consider that an upset. Huntland seems to play well at times. They aren't unbeatable.

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Can any of these teams win a substate game against Pickett or Clarkrange?

I think Huntland at home could beat Pickett/Clay. They are guard heavy and like to play at a high tempo. Their best player can guard 1-5 on the defensive end. Don’t think anyone has much for Clarkrange especially if they have to travel there. 

It’s basically a 3 hour trip to Huntland. I think hosting that game is such an advantage. Just look at Eagleville the past two years. They knock off a Clay Co. team that was loaded and take Pickett to overtime. They were heavy underdogs in both matchups. No travel, refs from different associations, and large home crowds can lead to crazy things happening.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ctread2019 said:

I think Huntland at home could beat Pickett/Clay. They are guard heavy and like to play at a high tempo. Their best player can guard 1-5 on the defensive end. Don’t think anyone has much for Clarkrange especially if they have to travel there. 

It’s basically a 3 hour trip to Huntland. I think hosting that game is such an advantage. Just look at Eagleville the past two years. They knock off a Clay Co. team that was loaded and take Pickett to overtime. They were heavy underdogs in both matchups. No travel, refs from different associations, and large home crowds can lead to crazy things happening.

It definitely helps that’s for sure!  Agreed on Clarkrange. No one in Class A could go there in a substate game and win.