West Tn Class A

Intense

6 hours ago, BABABA said:

lol. Come on now, your telling me refs don’t even out fouls? On any level lol. I’ll stick with my statement that GC flops a ton around the basket cause they are slow sliding over in position and yes it’s being taught, i’m sure the players just don’t do it on their own. GC is good but the refs calling charges when the defensive player is not even close to being in position just cause the crowd yells chargeeee!!! is ridiculous! Westview pg beat GC with the dribble all night, like I said first time I’ve seen these 2 play this yr and both teams are decent but I thought the officiating was very one sided. No way fouls are 10-1 for a pressing team reaching and flopping against a half court defense team! Westview is not that bad defensively! My opinion, will agree to disagree but little ridiculous watching it and the Westview faithful gave the officials a standing ovation when they finally called a foul on GC so idk bout that statement by someone that Westview fans weren’t upset.  Sorry hadn’t been on here in a while. Good luck to all teams!

Summertown's coach came up to me and several other GC Parents and said GC is by far the best and most disciplined defensive team he has seen maybe ever. They had 31 Turnovers against us. Summertown is a good team and will be dangerous by state time. This is the first post I have seen and the other guy on here saying GC gets all calls. Unbelievable. 

Saw a good game tonight between Dresden and Greenfield. Both teams had a couple of players foul out at the end which made things interesting. Mikayla Peterson played well for Dresden as she hit 10 or 11 free throws and only missed like 2 or 3. This was the first time I saw Gleason this year and they looked really good to me. I noticed that the Alexis Anderson is back for the lady bulldogs after being out with an acl injury. When she gets back to 100 percent and  Kennedy Atkins is knocking down shots, this team is a tough out come postseason time.

Edited by rebelman101

2 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Saw a good game tonight between Dresden and Greenfield. Both teams had a couple of players foul out at the end which made things interesting. Mikayla Peterson played well for Dresden as she hit 10 or 11 free throws and only missed like 2 or 3. This was the first time I saw Gleason this year and they looked really good to me. I noticed that the Alexis Anderson is back for the lady bulldogs after being out with an acl injury. When she gets back to 100 percent and  Kennedy Atkins is knocking down shots, this team is a tough out come postseason time.

Peabody beat TCA to stay unbeaten in district play so this will help out on getting a top 2 spot heading into tournament play. Next game up is GC. I hope our girls can shock West TN and come out with a W, they’ve came a good ways at where they were at the end of the first half of the season. 

5 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

GC finally gets to see where they are with The  other 2 contenders in the district starting Friday when they play TCA and then Trenton next Tuesday.  Will be able to get a feel for how the district will shape up after these two as I don’t see any of the other teams beating these 3. 

If GC starts playing games like they are playing Greenfield they will be hard to beat. And I mean putting their 2 best defenders and faceguarding each team's 2 best players. GC has 7 or 8 that can score. When push comes to shove and things get serious it will be done that way. 

21 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Peabody beat TCA to stay unbeaten in district play so this will help out on getting a top 2 spot heading into tournament play. Next game up is GC. I hope our girls can shock West TN and come out with a W, they’ve came a good ways at where they were at the end of the first half of the season. 

I was surprised at that score honestly, just based on the fact on how TCA has played this season. Peabody has the athletes to compete with anybody, and with a great coach that can go a long ways. I do see a possibility in the lady tide pulling off the upset against the pioneers; that's if they stay out of foul trouble, and score with the lady pioneers . Peabody's aggressive and in your face defense is one of the toughest to play against. 

9 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

I was surprised at that score honestly, just based on the fact on how TCA has played this season. Peabody has the athletes to compete with anybody, and with a great coach that can go a long ways. I do see a possibility in the lady tide pulling off the upset against the pioneers; that's if they stay out of foul trouble, and score with the lady pioneers . Peabody's aggressive and in your face defense is one of the toughest to play against. 

Gibson Co owns the 4th quarter. Great defensive teams do. I don't know about flopping but GC could beat most of y'all wearing flip-flops!

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Gibson Co owns the 4th quarter. Great defensive teams do. I don't know about flopping but GC could beat most of y'all wearing flip-flops!

Their defense is legit no doubt. If they can have a decent offensive night, they will beat most teams just because of their defense.

Be an interesting game tonight with TCA traveling to GC! If TCA can not turn it over vs. GC they can win! TCA couldn’t handle Peabody’s in your face pressure defense the other night and that was the difference in the game! TCA loses this one it hurts them big time for trying to get #1 in the district! Big games still left ahead for the top 3! From what I hear, Peabody’s young kids have really come along this season if they keep progressing and playing like they have the last couple weeks to go with Peabody’s really good 3 seniors, Peabody has a chance to beat anyone!