West Tn Class A

Intense

3 hours ago, BullShark said:

TCA has got to be the favorite to win the district after last night's game.  To be the man you have to beat the man, and GC (#1 in the state) was the man.  Huge to beat them on their own court.

It was a must win for TCA. They lost to Trenton Tuesday. Now GC has to win out. GC still controls their own destiny. Our offense don't get no better we won't make it to the semi round of the region.  I really don't believe it would be the end of the world if we didn't win first seed in the district tournament. We have had 10 days off and we played Humboldt before the TCA game. Whoever wins first seed will probably have to play Halls and Humboldt to get into the finals. GC has played better ball when they played tough teams back to back to back,

Edited by pioneer42

Great game last night.  Gibson County is a great team as we expected.  I’ve been telling everyone that TCA is going to be a factor.  Should not have lost to Peabody.  Had a 10 point lead  to start the 4th Q and blew it due to key players having to sit because of foul trouble.  I think we will get Peabody at home.  Gibson County no doubt plays the most disciplined defense I’ve seen.  Peabody is quicker and puts more pressure but GC is more fundamental.  I think any of the top three teams could win this district.  Region is going to be a battle.  With Gleason and Dresden starting to get better, I think there are 6 legit teams that could go to Murfreesboro.  Unfortunately, only two can go.  Four good teams will be sitting at home. TCA’s post play was a difference maker last night.  Macey Lee was huge last night and proved she is a big time player!

44 minutes ago, Intense said:

Great game last night.  Gibson County is a great team as we expected.  I’ve been telling everyone that TCA is going to be a factor.  Should not have lost to Peabody.  Had a 10 point lead  to start the 4th Q and blew it due to key players having to sit because of foul trouble.  I think we will get Peabody at home.  Gibson County no doubt plays the most disciplined defense I’ve seen.  Peabody is quicker and puts more pressure but GC is more fundamental.  I think any of the top three teams could win this district.  Region is going to be a battle.  With Gleason and Dresden starting to get better, I think there are 6 legit teams that could go to Murfreesboro.  Unfortunately, only two can go.  Four good teams will be sitting at home. TCA’s post play was a difference maker last night.  Macey Lee was huge last night and proved she is a big time player!

Alyssa is a great kid and played well down low.  She is a friend of the family. So did the rest of your team. Congrats on a good win!!!

It was a must win for TCA you say. And guess what they won. The region is wide open. GC is a good team. BUT so is TCA. To go to GC home court and hold them to that low of a score it was not just a down night. GC has holes and TCA exposed them. The stretch will be interesting. Not to say GC won’t be there in the end but there will be some tough games. My bank is onTCA. They have the post and they are learning now how to play as a TEAM can win. I bet When they  step on the court for practice Monday it will be a whole lot different. They belong and they will know it. 

Edited by BigEdMo

14 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Very ugly game @ McKenzie last night. It was like which one of us can play the worst. District 11 is very weak this year. Region semis will get both these teams.

It truly was a awful game to watch. If we get it together and cut down our turnovers we will be tough to beat. Give all the credit to the Fillies on a well played game, they caused lots of problems for us. It will come down to us 2 and Clarksburg. Clarksburg has improved dramatically since the season started, and could catch us on a off night. 

8 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

It was a must win for TCA you say. And guess what they won. The region is wide open. GC is a good team. BUT so is TCA. To go to GC home court and hold them to that low of a score it was not just a down night. GC has holes and TCA exposed them. The stretch will be interesting. Not to say GC won’t be there in the end but there will be some tough games. My bank is onTCA. They have the post and they are learning now how to play as a TEAM can win. I bet When they  step on the court for practice Monday it will be a whole lot different. They belong and they will know it. 

I give TCA their congrats. Your post sounds like your trying to convince me something I don't know. GC better play  better offensively or we won't make it by the first round of the region.

TCA is legit.  After watching the game I am convinced that they are not a "one trick pony" and by "one trick pony" I am not referring to their star player but to their smothering press with their length and athleticism.  Friday night proved that they can guard in the half court and don't have to rely on getting the majority of  their points off of turnovers and fast breaks.  Great win for them.  I honestly thought GC would blow them out at home.  Not sure why they melted down at Peabody on Tuesday, but I like their chances against GC and Peabody at home.  I am a believer.

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

TCA is legit.  After watching the game I am convinced that they are not a "one trick pony" and by "one trick pony" I am not referring to their star player but to their smothering press with their length and athleticism.  Friday night proved that they can guard in the half court and don't have to rely on getting the majority of  their points off of turnovers and fast breaks.  Great win for them.  I honestly thought GC would blow them out at home.  Not sure why they melted down at Peabody on Tuesday, but I like their chances against GC and Peabody at home.  I am a believer.

Very simple why Peabody beat TCA, in your face, pressure defense for 32 minutes from very athletic and quick kids! TCA was wore out and turned it over like crazy! Foul trouble bothered both teams. TCA has no depth at all! Been telling everyone don’t forget Peabody! Young kids have come a long way, can make Peabody very dangerous to go with their 3 really good seniors! Great coaching also! Hart will find a way to beat you!  Now In saying that 1 win or loss this early doesn’t  mean anything, long way to go. All 3 good teams. 

1 hour ago, BABABA said:

Very simple why Peabody beat TCA, in your face, pressure defense for 32 minutes from very athletic and quick kids! TCA was wore out and turned it over like crazy! Foul trouble bothered both teams. TCA has no depth at all! Been telling everyone don’t forget Peabody! Young kids have come a long way, can make Peabody very dangerous to go with their 3 really good seniors! Great coaching also! Hart will find a way to beat you!  Now In saying that 1 win or loss this early doesn’t  mean anything, long way to go. All 3 good teams. 

Turned it over like crazy?  Then I guess Peabody turned it over like crazy as well.  TCA had 18 turnovers and Peabody had 16.  TCA had 3 or 4 costly turnovers in the last 3 minutes but otherwise they broke the press with ease.  The charging calls against our best player in the third Q really hurt TCA.  She wasn’t able to play much in the second half.  Have you forgotten that TCA had a 10 point lead going into 4th Q?  Can’t wait to get you guys in the Lions Den!  GC is the team I’m more worried about in the next 4 weeks.  

3 hours ago, BullShark said:

Keep in mind GC starters and main subs hadn't played a real game in almost 14 days until the Trinity game. They have played their best ball when playing three good teams in a row for some reason.  Very strange. But keep in mind the 2 games he has lost he hasn't had his best offensive lineup in. The coach obviously has a concept some times that we will beat you playing an ugly game of no offense and a lot of defense and you seen it back fire twice this year. GC has got to get better play offensively and start working inside out to loosen up guards. GC has three good post players they have just been abandoned. It is time for GC to start coaching offense every day because GC's defense is probably best in the state as far as points per game. Trinity is a good team and well coached but we hold any team in the state to 30 points in regulation you have to like your chances. I had rather lose now than win ugly now and perhaps lose later and not address issues. GC is practicing today and I bet their whole practice is offense. The state better hope GC's offense don't get better because if their offense is OK they will beat most teams. I will credit TCA again, but I like GC's chances especially in the district tournament no  matter where we are seeded. I don't like polls and I had rather lose now than be ranked number 1.

My Top Ten teams in the state in no particular order and anyone is capable of winning it all.

Clarkrange

Pickett County

Gibson County

Summertown

Greenfield

Loretto

Gleason 

TCA

Trenton

Clay County

I understand 8 of these teams are out of 2 regions so 4 of the teams wont make it to state but I think these are the best 10 Class A teams. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Keep in mind GC starters and main subs hadn't played a real game in almost 14 days until the Trinity game. They have played their best ball when playing three good teams in a row for some reason.  Very strange. But keep in mind the 2 games he has lost he hasn't had his best offensive lineup in. The coach obviously has a concept some times that we will beat you playing an ugly game of no offense and a lot of defense and you seen it back fire twice this year. GC has got to get better play offensively and start working inside out to loosen up guards. GC has three good post players they have just been abandoned. It is time for GC to start coaching offense every day because GC's defense is probably best in the state as far as points per game. Trinity is a good team and well coached but we hold any team in the state to 30 points in regulation you have to like your chances. I had rather lose now than win ugly now and perhaps lose later and not address issues. GC is practicing today and I bet their whole practice is offense. The state better hope GC's offense don't get better because if their offense is OK they will beat most teams. I will credit TCA again, but I like GC's chances especially in the district tournament no  matter where we are seeded. I don't like polls and I had rather lose now than be ranked number 1.

Actual score at end of regulation was 34-34.