West Tn Class A

Intense

9 hours ago, URSUS said:

When GC plays to their potential they can beat anybody.  Consistency has been an issue for them.

They played really good tempo tonight vs Middleton. Best game they played all year against the lower tier of the district. They really played fast again tonight offensively. I feel like if they players and get the ball up court the sky is the limit with them.

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They played really good tempo tonight vs Middleton. Best game they played all year against the lower tier of the district. They really played fast again tonight offensively. I feel like if they players and get the ball up court the sky is the limit with them.

I do not believe in my 30 years of following basketball in west TN I have ever seen a more inept Middleton team.  What has happened to that program?  I know Coach Berkley is a great coach and it has got to be killing him to have one of the worst teams in that district.

40 minutes ago, BullShark said:

I do not believe in my 30 years of following basketball in west TN I have ever seen a more inept Middleton team.  What has happened to that program?  I know Coach Berkley is a great coach and it has got to be killing him to have one of the worst teams in that district.

Has players that have very little skill level at all. Ran out of talent. Burkley is probably one of the best coaches in West TN. Look at Jackson County.  I watched us play real lethargic on offense against these teams this year but not tonight. They were really moving the ball around and getting it up the floor quick.We scored 50 in the first half and the clock ran the hole 2nd Half.

Greenfield vs Gleason should be a fun game to watch Friday night. 2 top 10 teams in the state and a district game !!! I’m going with Greenfield in this one. They have in my opinion the best player in the state in Moore. But Gleason is playing great ball and Atkins has been lightning it up. Could be a preview of another District Championship game. I’ve seen both teams play a few times. I think Greenfield and GC are the 2 best teams in the state .Gleason has probably improved more than anyone since the first of the year. Not even in the discussion to start the year, but them and TCA are forcing people to take notice. I love this time of year !

32 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

Greenfield vs Gleason should be a fun game to watch Friday night. 2 top 10 teams in the state and a district game !!! I’m going with Greenfield in this one. They have in my opinion the best player in the state in Moore. But Gleason is playing great ball and Atkins has been lightning it up. Could be a preview of another District Championship game. I’ve seen both teams play a few times. I think Greenfield and GC are the 2 best teams in the state .Gleason has probably improved more than anyone since the first of the year. Not even in the discussion to start the year, but them and TCA are forcing people to take notice. I love this time of year !

Stephenson is one of the best coaches in the state... it should be a good game between the two teams on Friday!

Edited by GCPioneer

3 hours ago, hoopfever said:

Gleason also has Alexis Anderson back and she is 100% percent. Gleason is a much different ball team when she is on her game. Should be a classic Friday night.

8 hours ago, hoopfever said:

Good post hoop. I think Greenfield will win at home as well. As much as I love our team, I'd have to agree. Chloe Moore is the "best" basketball player in Single A. I think this post is spot on. Gibson County, Greenfield, TCA, Gleason....not writing off Peabody yet either....all very capable teams of making noise. 

8 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Stephenson is one of the best coaches in the state... it should be a good game between the two teams on Friday!

He's pretty good. He's always had his teams better at the end of the year, rather than in the beginning. He seems to get a lot of his teams, even in years that he has been down. 

27 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Good post hoop. I think Greenfield will win at home as well. As much as I love our team, I'd have to agree. Chloe Moore is the "best" basketball player in Single A. I think this post is spot on. Gibson County, Greenfield, TCA, Gleason....not writing off Peabody yet either....all very capable teams of making noise. 

I don’t get on here very much so probably miss a ton of stuff said and don’t wanna go read back thru 100 posts but here’s my top team list for west Tn in single A. I truly  believe more so than any year, this year anyone can beat anyone on a given night! 

1. Greenfield. (Healthy now) (pressure of repeat?) 

2. Gibson co (Can they stand the pressure of supposing to be the best? who’s go to person?)

3. Peabody (Gotta show they can beat GC, can 5 Sophs play like upper classmen now?)

4. TCA (Match up problem with Peabody, Have shown to have problems with athletic teams)

5. Gleason (Who have they beat that stands out? Guard that was hurt is back so helps them a ton!)