West Tn Class A

Intense

You like to talk about our first game with GC a lot and we aren’t that team now. GC was the best team in the state at your Christmas tournament but a lot of things have changed.  GC isn’t playing like they were then and TCA has already beat you at home. TCA actually controls their own destiny now and gets GC at home.  Where is your district tournament held this year?

Edited by Greenfieldfan

7 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You like to talk about our first game with GC a lot and we aren’t that team now. GC was the best team in the state at your Christmas tournament but a lot of things have changed.  GC isn’t playing like they were then and TCA has already beat you at home. They actually control their own destiny now. 

Yeah we control our own destiny too. TCA lost  to Peabody. We will see how it pans out. Your right. We obviously haven't played well as of late and have some improving to do. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah we control our own destiny too. TCA lost  to Peabody. We will see how it pans out. Your right. We obviously haven't played well as of late and have some improving to do. 

I would say we have played pretty solid since the TCA loss. Controlled Peabody the entire game for a 20 pt win.  We have as good a coach as anyone around.  He will have a plan and have the girls ready come tourney time.  

45 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I would say we have played pretty solid since the TCA loss. Controlled Peabody the entire game for a 20 pt win.  We have as good a coach as anyone around.  He will have a plan and have the girls ready come tourney time.  

Come on now, game was 6 pts in 3rd quarter late. So I wouldn’t say controlled Peabody. Lead went up when Hart yanked his starters cause he wasn’t happy with them looked like to me!! Game was very ugly on both sides till then. Trouble scoring on both sides. Peabody did play horrible so agree with that but still close! A lot if people on here like looking thru rose colored glasses for their team! Btw all 3 teams control their own destiny if you win out you finish 1st unless I can’t add! Tourney is when it really matters anyway I wouldn’t wanna be 2nd or 4th if greenfield holds serve! 

Edited by BABABA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I agree he is a good coach. GC is set for the next 5 years after this year and probably longer than that. Micah Hart will be a freshman starting the 2020 season and her little sister is not far behind her. And the other schools are loaded with talent. Coach Wilkins efforts with the feeder programs are now in effect. We will be reloading instead of rebuilding. I think they will be ready and hopefully they wil play fast and they will be fine. I agree we have played better since TCA. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, BABABA said:

Come on now, game was 6 pts in 3rd quarter late. So I wouldn’t say controlled Peabody. Lead went up when Hart yanked his starters cause he wasn’t happy with them looked like to me!! Game was very ugly on both sides till then. Trouble scoring on both sides. Peabody did play horrible so agree with that but still close! A lot if people on here like looking thru rose colored glasses for their team! Btw all 3 teams control their own destiny if you win out you finish 1st unless I can’t add! Tourney is when it really matters anyway I wouldn’t wanna be 2nd or 4th if greenfield holds serve! 

That is right. All three teams have lost 1 and beat each other, so whoever wins out will be the number 1 seed. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree he is a good coach. GC is set for the next 5 years after this year and probably longer than that. Micah Hart will be a freshman starting the 2020 season and her little sister is not far behind her. And the other schools are loaded with talent. Coach Wilkins efforts with the feeder programs are now in effect. We will be reloading instead of rebuilding. I think they will be ready and hopefully they wil play fast and they will be fine. I agree we have played better since TCA. 

Something just to speculate about. The number of new charter schools in Shelby Co. is changing the landscape of Class A, lowering the potential cutoff. My projection, based on enrollment figures used for this two-year cycle, is that Gibson Co. will be "on the bubble" of possibly moving back to AA in two years. We shall see.

7 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Something just to speculate about. The number of new charter schools in Shelby Co. is changing the landscape of Class A, lowering the potential cutoff. My projection, based on enrollment figures used for this two-year cycle, is that Gibson Co. will be "on the bubble" of possibly moving back to AA in two years. We shall see.

It is what it is. What you are saying about Gibson County has been said about South Gibson bumping to AAA for the last four or five years due to their enrollment. I knew we were close last time.

Pretty good showing by Dresden tonight against Greenfield. They had Greenfield on the ropes for three quarters. Tonight showed how good Dresden can be. If they play consistent for 40 minutes they are tough to beat. Tinley Winn played well in the post and it has showed that she has really improved as the season has went on. If Dresden continues to play well they will be a tough out in the postseason. 

19 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Pretty good showing by Dresden tonight against Greenfield. They had Greenfield on the ropes for three quarters. Tonight showed how good Dresden can be. If they play consistent for 40 minutes they are tough to beat. Tinley Winn played well in the post and it has showed that she has really improved as the season has went on. If Dresden continues to play well they will be a tough out in the postseason. 

Looks like you guys are already locked in to play Gleason in the semis providing you win your first round right? Greenfield will play Bradford or Union City in the first round right?

26 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Looks like you guys are already locked in to play Gleason in the semis providing you win your first round right? Greenfield will play Bradford or Union City in the first round right?

I am from McKenzie and a rebel fan through and through lol. Just commenting on how well Dresden played tonight. Dresden is the third seed with 4 losses in District play, but they still have to play Gleason. If they lose against Gleason then they will 5 which will tie with Bradford. Bradford still has to play Greenfield so they will end up with 6 losses. So 1 thru 4  for 13A goes like this:  Greenfield Gleason Dresden Bradford.  Greenfield will play the winner of Bradford and Union City in the semifinal.