West Tn Class A

Intense

4 hours ago, BullShark said:

IMO, two of the following 3 teams will be in the boro, TCA, Greenfield and GC. I dont think Gleason has the size to advance.  Dresden is solid but not deep enough and Peabody is one guard away from being a state contender. 

In the post season, it is all about the guards and taking care of the ball. TCA now has plenty of them with their 8th graders, but how will they and the other guards respond in the region tourney at Bethel? Combined with their bigs, they may just be deep enough to win the 4th matchup with Gibson County. If GC shoots well from the outside, they will be in the boro once again joining Greenfield unless Tess and Chloe both have bad nights and get in foul trouble. Substate games will be running clocks as there are no solid single A teams in Memphis. Just my opinion. Should be fun...

Bullshark I think your right on about Peabody. Solid pg, solid post and a solid fwd but the guard play of the other kids in the games I have seen has not been there consistently! I do think Peabody/TCA/and Gleason are all 3rd place in the region though. All pose different match up problems for each other! Very difficult to call a clear winner in a matchup up in anyway between those 3 teams. I still say the region is Greenfield’s  and Gibson’s to lose, and it is possible but I think those 2 have to have a slight off night and the other 4 teams including Dresden have to have a slightly better night than normal which they have shown they’re capable of this year at times! I don’t see a huge advantage to TCA over Peabody though and I think the first 2 games have shown that. I think Peabody is a match up problem for TCA, but TCA is just as capable of beating Peabody also! Will be a great semi-final game! 

1 Greenfield

2 Gibson

3 Peabody/TCA/Gleason (in that order lol)

6 Dresden

5 hours ago, BullShark said:

IMO, two of the following 3 teams will be in the boro, TCA, Greenfield and GC. I dont think Gleason has the size to advance.  Dresden is solid but not deep enough and Peabody is one guard away from being a state contender. 

In the post season, it is all about the guards and taking care of the ball. TCA now has plenty of them with their 8th graders, but how will they and the other guards respond in the region tourney at Bethel? Combined with their bigs, they may just be deep enough to win the 4th matchup with Gibson County. If GC shoots well from the outside, they will be in the boro once again joining Greenfield unless Tess and Chloe both have bad nights and get in foul trouble. Substate games will be running clocks as there are no solid single A teams in Memphis. Just my opinion. Should be fun...

I do like the fact that GC's post play and in the paint scoring is getting tons better last two games. The more they score in the paint the more GC will have uncontested three's. I do think GC's defense will turn it up even more in tournament play. It is Tournament time and anything can happen. We seen a big upset last year when Gleason knocked off Greenfield. TCA, Peabody, Gleason, Dresden will all be tough outs. 

8 hours ago, BullShark said:

It is girls basketball and anything can happen. 

McKenzie played very well tonight in a huge win over Clarksburg in the 11A semifinals. We knocked down shots early and played stout defense throughout. After two tough back to back games against Greenfield and Huntingdon in the past week, we responded well. We came out and put the game away quickly. We knocked down the three really well, which opened up our inside game. If we play like we did tonight, we will give the Fillies a great game for the district title. This was the first game since December that we played like the team that we started the year off with. 

On the other hand, I thought the Fillies did not play well tonight. Tyasia Reed fouled out and they missed a lot of open shots. This was the first game that I had the opportunity to watch Kaci Fuller play this year. She looks like the Kaci Fuller of last year who picks off passes and makes great plays for her team. Her plays kept the momentum on Huntingdon's side. @Croppygenius Should be a fun one on Friday! 

8 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

McKenzie played very well tonight in a huge win over Clarksburg in the 11A semifinals. We knocked down shots early and played stout defense throughout. After two tough back to back games against Greenfield and Huntingdon in the past week, we responded well. We came out and put the game away quickly. We knocked down the three really well, which opened up our inside game. If we play like we did tonight, we will give the Fillies a great game for the district title. This was the first game since December that we played like the team that we started the year off with. 

On the other hand, I thought the Fillies did not play well tonight. Tyasia Reed fouled out and they missed a lot of open shots. This was the first game that I had the opportunity to watch Kaci Fuller play this year. She looks like the Kaci Fuller of last year who picks off passes and makes great plays for her team. Her plays kept the momentum on Huntingdon's side. @Croppygenius Should be a fun one on Friday! 

Fillies did not play well. West Carroll drove to the rim on us all night. On the other hand I was impressed with West Carrolls play. They've improved much over the season. Their shooting technique was excellent. All their girls shooting jumpers with the ball over their heads. Their coach is doing a great job teaching! He had a great game plan against the Fillies and his defensive pressure really limited our offense. 

4 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Fillies did not play well. West Carroll drove to the rim on us all night. On the other hand I was impressed with West Carrolls play. They've improved much over the season. Their shooting technique was excellent. All their girls shooting jumpers with the ball over their heads. Their coach is doing a great job teaching! He had a great game plan against the Fillies and his defensive pressure really limited our offense. 

Yea West Carroll improved greatly over the season. They have a really good coach that teaches them fundamentals and stresses tough defensive on the press. It is good to see someone investing in them so they can get back to the success they had under Molly Ashley. Idk how graduates for them this year, but if they don't lose a lot this team will be dangerous next year. 

The Fillies did a great job of crashing the boards though. I thought their second chance points won the game for them. 

I got TCA by 10 over Peabody on Friday and GC over Madison by as many as they want!  TCA/Peabody will be a battle.

Saw Gleason/Dresden game.  Two good teams but they would finish 4th and 5th in 14A.  Greenfield is still top team in West Tn and the team to beat!  Next 10 days will be fun in West Tn!!