West Tn Class A

Intense

1 hour ago, Intense said:

59-47 final GC.  TCA dug a hole early and couldn’t recover.  Hard to recover against a great team.  Second half was pretty even.  GC was better team tonight just like KY was at Rupp on Saturday.  It’s not over yet!  Two tough games remaining with Dresden and Greenfield. 

Gibson Co putting on a clinic as usual tonight. They're such a composed team, joy to watch. Trinity is real good but Gibson Co is just on another level.

1 hour ago, Intense said:

59-47 final GC.  TCA dug a hole early and couldn’t recover.  Hard to recover against a great team.  Second half was pretty even.  GC was better team tonight just like KY was at Rupp on Saturday.  It’s not over yet!  Two tough games remaining with Dresden and Greenfield. 

Bullshark and you nailed it. GC came out and hit every three right off the get go and got extremely hot. Thought you guys turned the ball over enough in the 2nd quarter for us to get a lead. We only had 4 or 5 TO's all night and they were late. Very tough team and the post game you got will be nice at UTM if you get past Dresden. Obviously not a shooters gym especially new comers like us that hadn't played it yet.

Edited by pioneer42

7 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Gibson Co putting on a clinic as usual tonight. They're such a composed team, joy to watch. Trinity is real good but Gibson Co is just on another level.

Appreciate the kind words. Coaches and players work extremely hard year round and they have earned their success I will assure you.

11 minutes ago, BullShark said:

If TCA takes care of Dresden and Greenfield can get by Madison ( I can't even type that without laughing hysterically) in the first round, the semifinal matchup is going to be one for the ages  Two great teams going at it with a trip to the Boro on the line.

Dresden will be tough but if it happens TCA's posts could be a real problem for Greenfield. GC played lights out and still couldn't put them away. Their posts when they get the ball in the paint is just about automatic. Big problem TCA had last year against Greenfield was handling their press. But Dresden will be tough moving forward. If I was TCA I would look to the posts every possession and would even look to get Lee slashing in the paint to open up the outside. Dresden is only seven deep and going after Wynn down low would be my call early and often.

45 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Im not going to say a word. Good luck to Gibson County, hope to see you in the finals. 

Well, I guess we just need to tell our girls and Dresden girls to move on to soccer and softball since Greenfield is already in the finals.  Appreciate the heads up!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Dresden will be tough but if it happens TCA's posts could be a real problem for Greenfield. GC played lights out and still couldn't put them away. Their posts when they get the ball in the paint is just about automatic. Big problem TCA had last year against Greenfield was handling their press. But Dresden will be tough moving forward. If I was TCA I would look to the posts every possession and would even look to get Lee slashing in the paint to open up the outside. Dresden is only seven deep and going after Wynn down low would be my call early and often.

You said it, when their posts get the ball.... IMO they don’t go to their posts enough. #2 is a beast and works hard for position, they only threw her the ball a few times and scored almost every time. Then the coach would take her out. TCA has clear advantage over anybody in the post I just don’t think they capitalize on it.

1 hour ago, hoopfever said:

If Peabody plays as sloppy Thursday as they did lastnight Gleason has a chance to win that game 

Huh?  Oddsmakers would say Gleason should win by 10.. They are the higher seed and most would agree the better team. Peabody has better athletes but unfortunately have a tendency to struggle shooting.  If they play sloppy, they will get throttled!

• Like 1