West Tn Class A

Intense

7 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Has Carson Johnson not played more this year?

No. She has been battling mono all season. Played a game here and there but she has been out all of 2019 and wont be released this season. Other girl out is Kelli Warren who has been out before season started woth torn ACL. Trevathan quit first of the season after she tore her other ACL. They have played with 7 all season. Two freshmen, four juniors and one senior. Big bunch coming up from middle school next year.

46 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

No. She has been battling mono all season. Played a game here and there but she has been out all of 2019 and wont be released this season. Other girl out is Kelli Warren who has been out before season started woth torn ACL. Trevathan quit first of the season after she tore her other ACL. They have played with 7 all season. Two freshmen, four juniors and one senior. Big bunch coming up from middle school next year.

They have played very well this season with just 7 to 8 players. Maybe next years team wont have the injury bug.

9 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

It's a sad state of affairs that Dresden can only dress 7 players. Hoping they do well but I don't expect much with only 7. 

25 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

It's a sad state of affairs that Dresden can only dress 7 players. Hoping they do well but I don't expect much with only 7. 

Agree. You would think a school this size would have a bench full of atheletes. Seems they have a hard time dressing out any sport now days. Proud of the 7 or 8 that has stuck with it and battled sickness and injuries. God knows it aint easy playing for West.

5 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Agree. You would think a school this size would have a bench full of atheletes. Seems they have a hard time dressing out any sport now days. Proud of the 7 or 8 that has stuck with it and battled sickness and injuries. God knows it aint easy playing for West.

It was almost comical to see the bench discrepancy in the district semifinal game at Martin.  Gleason had 14 players and their coaches on the bench and Dresden had 4 coaches and 2 reserves on the bench with 10 empty chairs flanking them.

53 minutes ago, BullShark said:

It was almost comical to see the bench discrepancy in the district semifinal game at Martin.  Gleason had 14 players and their coaches on the bench and Dresden had 4 coaches and 2 reserves on the bench with 10 empty chairs flanking them.

Whats comical is watching that bench lol. 4 stages of bipolar..... bless’em

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ysoangry said:

I'll refrain from my opinion of why we only have 7-8 players but you all touched on the subject. 

You may only have 7 but they are dang good and they play hard!  We are in for a dog fight Thursday night!  If Dresden stays out of foul trouble this will be a close game.  Can Dresden handle TCAs’s low post game will be the big question.  Can TCA handle Dresden’s slashing guards?  Those are the big factors for Thursday nights game!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Intense said:

You may only have 7 but they are dang good and they play hard!  We are in for a dog fight Thursday night!  If Dresden stays out of foul trouble this will be a close game.  Can Dresden handle TCAs’s low post game will be the big question.  Can TCA handle Dresden’s slashing guards?  Those are the big factors for Thursday nights game!

I was just talking to a TCA guy on the phone and he and I agreed on something. Why they don't feed the low post more than they do is beyond me.

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, Intense said:

Dresden moves as well on offense as anybody I've seen. Childress girl is starting to do some very good things offensively. This should be a fun game to watch! Region 7 is toughest region in the state by far!

26 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Dresden moves as well on offense as anybody I've seen. Childress girl is starting to do some very good things offensively. This should be a fun game to watch! Region 7 is toughest region in the state by far!

Yeah Region 7 is very tough. Going to be a lot of wars. Teams need to come out of the gate strong.