West Tn Class A

Intense

2 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Several ridiculous cross court passes  by huntingdon led to 3 turnovers in the last 2 min, they give up 5 unanswered points and they lose.  55-54 Summertown advances. 

Summertown probably led majority of the game, until Huntingsons run late 3rd, early 4th.... give Summertown some credit.... great game 

2 hours ago, cbballfan said:

Summertown probably led majority of the game, until Huntingsons run late 3rd, early 4th.... give Summertown some credit.... great game 

Fillies had Summertown on the ropes just couldnt close the deal. The better coached team usually wins at crunch time. McKenzie played the best I've seen them play. Had Loretto a little worried for a minute.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Never know what will happen in these games. Greenfield and GC both had a scare Saturday Night. When you get this far you can be beat on any given night. 

Well good games at Bethel. Huntingdon should have won. The Fillies were playing like they were down 5 instead of up by 5 at the end. They kept trying to score instead of pulling the ball out and making Summertown foul them. Also Lowery had a timeout he should have called at the end. If you call a timeout and set up a play for Fuller to drive to the basket you likely win the game. Nasty injury to Reed at the end of the game. I noticed she had to be  carried to the bus when the Fillies left. Really hope that she is ok. 

McKenzie shocked me on how well we came out and took a 10 point lead in the first quarter. I am proud of our girls on how well we played. We shut down Weathers and made other teammates score it. If McKenzie stayed aggressive at the end, we wind up winning the game. I am just very proud on how well we played tonight.

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

7A Region Championship

Gibson County vs Greenfield

UTMartin gym 7:00 pm

Gibson County is the #1 team in the state and beat AA Westview twice and AA Southside, the two best AA teams in west Tennessee. Can the Lady Jackets pull the upset?  

I am calling it @Greenfieldfan y’all pulls the upset of the year! I only say upset because everyone has been talking about Gibson County like they won the gold ball last year! Don’t get me wrong we(South Side) played both Greenfield & Gibson County. I feel like Greenfield is better even without the shooter from last year. Don’t get me wrong Gibson County is a very tough team! Their coach made great adjustments against us & beat us by 5. We beat greenfield twice, but I feel in a close game greenfield will get the ball in one of their 2 superstar hands! Gibson County has at least 12 girls that can play! If GC wins it will come down to depth! I have Greenfield 45 Gibson County 43!! Both will advance to Murfreesboro 

Edited by Tez2319

2 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Well good games at Bethel. Huntingdon should have won. The Fillies were playing like they were down 5 instead of up by 5 at the end. They kept trying to score instead of pulling the ball out and making Summertown foul them. Also Lowery had a timeout he should have called at the end. If you call a timeout and set up a play for Fuller to drive to the basket you likely win the game. Nasty injury to Reed at the end of the game. I noticed she had to be  carried to the bus when the Fillies left. Really hope that she is ok. 

McKenzie shocked me on how well we came out and took a 10 point lead in the first quarter. I am proud of our girls on how well we played. We shut down Weathers and made other teammates score it. If McKenzie stayed aggressive at the end, we wind up winning the game. I am just very proud on how well we played tonight.

Let me first congratulate  Mckenzie  for their effort and physical play tonight.  They gave Loretto everything they wanted.  Loretto knew they were in for a game.  Other girls did step up for Loretto and their defense kicked in the 2nd half.   You not quite right on totally shutting down Weathers, she had 27 points, but you did take her out of her comfort zone at times.  She has had a tough weekend with having to bury her grandfather.  Mr Davis was a really fine man too.   I do think McKenzie had a good game plan for her.  Well,  it's round 5 with Summertown and Loretto !  May the odds be ever in Loretto's favor !