West Tn Class A

Intense

1 hour ago, gogold said:

Not counting out Summertown, Huntingdon, McKenzie, or Loretto for next years region.   They won golf state too !  You can add that to the list.

I know West Carroll loses the twins so they will be down next year and Clarksburg loses one or two so they will be about the same. Huntingdon returns their star players except their point guard in Alli Jones. I think they are a legitimate state contender next year.  McKenzie loses their best defensive player and returns 4 starters. They also will gain 5 great eighth graders that should challenge the starters for some minutes. It should be an interesting region next year.

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Both are great kids and great players... Greenfield was really good tonight. If any of those role players start knocking the 3 ball down consistently, no one is Single A is beating them this year.

Great job Region 7A: Class act selecting co-MVP’s in Chloe Moore-McNeil and Tess Darby. Both very deserving. Congratulations to both these great players. 

7 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

very classless behavior by some members of the Greenfield student section when all-region teams were announced. It is never cool to boo in heckle a young lady who makes the all-region team.

Just saw this on Facebook.  No doubt classless!!  They were chanting at the TCA game as well!  It’s bad enough to do it while a game is going on but to call her out during the awards ceremony is way over the line!  Greenfield coaches and administration should send an apology to her and family.  Ridiculous!

Edited by Intense

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Are the Memphis teams as bad as some of the comments I have heard? I will say no.

Hillcrest and Memphis Business are not terrible, but they are also not remotely elite.  They are athletic and quick.  Greenfield will win by 20 plus in their gym.  GC will have a more difficult time on the road and if they don't shoot well, may be in for a tight game.  A lot will also ride on how closely they call the game.  The game will look a lot like the last Peabody and GC contest.  I got GC in a tight, low scoring game.  

Great game last night.  Greenfield came out and threw the first punch and GC could never get all the way back. Credit to greenfield. They came out on fire and GC started something like 0-11.  On open shots they normally hit.  Didn’t score the first 6 minutes and were down 14-0.  But they fought back and cut it to 3 points a few times in the 4th quarter. Greenfield just made the plays to finish it off. Free throws at the end pushed the lead out a little more.  On the MVP award.  This is 100% my opinion and I am not taking one thing away from a great player in Tess Darby.   Chloe Moore McNeil is the MVP of that team, this tourney, and imo this state.  The girl is practically unstoppable.  I don’t like giving MVP awards to more than one player.  In this instance.  If you are gonna give it to more than one then there should have been 3 of them get the award because Edie Darby was great in both games at Martin  as well.  This was a great game in a good atmosphere with both teams making plays in the 4th. Hope to see them meet up again 

Edited by westtnsportsfan

Edie Darby is a difference maker. She didn’t play in the first GC game and GC won that game.  Edie does so much more than scoring  I truly believe she is a Miss Basketball some day  

These Greenfield girls are focused and not worrying about individual awards. I was really proud of both girls talking on the radio and both complimented each other, there is no jealousy among them. It’s all about winning another Gold Ball. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

1 hour ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Great game last night.  Greenfield came out and threw the first punch and GC could never get all the way back. Credit to greenfield. They came out on fire and GC started something like 0-11.  On open shots they normally hit.  Didn’t score the first 6 minutes and were down 14-0.  But they fought back and cut it to 3 points a few times in the 4th quarter. Greenfield just made the plays to finish it off. Free throws at the end pushed the lead out a little more.  On the MVP award.  This is 100% my opinion and I am not taking one thing away from a great player in Tess Darby.   Chloe Moore McNeil is the MVP of that team, this tourney, and imo this state.  The girl is practically unstoppable.  I don’t like giving MVP awards to more than one player.  In this instance.  If you are gonna give it to more than one then there should have been 3 of them get the award because Edie Darby was great in both games at Martin  as well.  This was a great game in a good atmosphere with both teams making plays in the 4th. Hope to see them meet up again 

I thought our girls like you said got hit in the mouth early and almost pulled anither miraculous comeback. Think our girls will be fine. We have been ranked number all year, a lot of the girls that have been hot all year have cooled a bit (better now than later, ebbs and flows). I think they will be fine and use this loss as a building block. No way we were beating these girls three times this year. Girls need to take a deep breath and back to work.

9 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

very classless behavior by some members of the Greenfield student section when all-region teams were announced. It is never cool to boo in heckle a young lady who makes the all-region team.

I heard that as well and those two or three kids that said overrated will be dealt with, our principal will take care of it. It was not the whole cheering section. Overall we have a great bunch of fans.