West Tn Class A

Intense

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

The fact that it was a hard 27 makes it even that much more impressive.... if she was being  face guarded and still went for 27 points, that’s kind of impressive.

All I am saying is that I was not impressed. You can ask our fans and they will tell you that they weren't impressed either. She missed a lot of shots and took a lot of shots as well. When she was faceguarded by our best defensive player we shut her down, but Gill got in foul trouble. We had to put another player on her that couldn't keep up with her. That's how she got her 27.

55 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

All I am saying is that I was not impressed. You can ask our fans and they will tell you that they weren't impressed either. She missed a lot of shots and took a lot of shots as well. When she was faceguarded by our best defensive player we shut her down, but Gill got in foul trouble. We had to put another player on her that couldn't keep up with her. That's how she got her 27.

Thank you rebel for your opinion. You seem to know your basketball.  I heard several people with that same opinion about Loretto and Miss Basketball. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

If she is a miss basketball finalist as a FRESHMEN that she must be an amazing talent. But she is not a Chloe Moore, Tess Darby, Eddie Darby, or a Macey Lee. Weathers has a great potential but she lots of room to grow her game. 

I cant wait to see her play.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

37 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you rebel for your opinion. You seem to know your basketball.  I heard several people with that same opinion about them.  Summertown may beat them tonight.

Don't know why everyone is singling me out like that. I just stated what I saw. Yea Summertown never gave up when they were down by 6 to 8 points in the fourth against the Fillies. I like the way they play. Yea I played basketball in high school and it may be hard to believe but I know what I am talking about.

16 hours ago, BullShark said:

Hillcrest and Memphis Business are not terrible, but they are also not remotely elite.  They are athletic and quick.  Greenfield will win by 20 plus in their gym.  GC will have a more difficult time on the road and if they don't shoot well, may be in for a tight game.  A lot will also ride on how closely they call the game.  The game will look a lot like the last Peabody and GC contest.  I got GC in a tight, low scoring game.  

I watched them tonight. If they were non-contested they shoot lights out. If they were contested, different story. Didn't shoot well at all. Neither team pressed at all and both teams had several TO's. Greenfield will win by a lot.  I think our press will get us some layups because they turned it over plenty. They had a real good post. Not as good as Peabody but good. A little wreckless at times. I think GC can get some charge calls especially holding position on the low post. I agree with you though. We play sloppy we will be in a dogfight. We shoot well and protect the ball we should be good.

14 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

The fact that it was a hard 27 makes it even that much more impressive.... if she was being  face guarded and still went for 27 points, that’s kind of impressive.

I saw the game as well and I would say that Weathers is the real deal.  My understanding is that Loretto was playing a loser leave town game 2.5 hours from home without two of their starters.  Early in the game, Weathers was trying to do too much, IMO to make up for the loss of starters and missed several shots.  But she had some finishes at the basket in the second half that ended as "and 1's" that maybe only one or two other HS players could make.  She has one of the sweetest 3 point strokes I have ever seen and is cool under pressure despite being face guarded.  She is worth the price of admission just as Moore and Darby are!

20 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thanks sis. How you been doing?  Holler at me if you ever come to a Greenfield game. 

Will do GF. I have actually been to a few Greenfield games. Went to Bethel last night and watched Loretto and Summertown again. Great game. Summertown had their chance to win, missed a few free throws. I thought the big girl for Summertown should have been involved more offensively. When she wanted to be involved, she was hard to handle. You shoot when you are 3 feet from the goal and that big. Summertown is scrappy. Loretto is long. They cover a lot of ground in the 1-3-1 and 2-3 zones. Either team will be difficult to eliminate. I think Greenfield scores more consistently. Weathers is automatic from the free throw line.