West Tn Class A

Intense

Went to the TCA v Peabody game last night.  Wow, there was some athleticism and speed out on the court last night on both reams. Congrats to TCA!   I have seen Peabody play several time now and it finally dawned on me just before halftime why Peabody is a good team but not great.  They CANNOT shoot.  There is so much power, speed and strength on that team but no shot goes up with any “touch” whatsoever.  Layups are no problem, but midrange shots and threes are a struggle for them. If they had just one pure shooter, they might be a state contender.

10 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Went to the TCA v Peabody game last night.  Wow, there was some athleticism and speed out on the court last night on both reams. Congrats to TCA!   I have seen Peabody play several time now and it finally dawned on me just before halftime why Peabody is a good team but not great.  They CANNOT shoot.  There is so much power, speed and strength on that team but no shot goes up with any “touch” whatsoever.  Layups are no problem, but midrange shots and threes are a struggle for them. If they had just one pure shooter, they might be a state contender.

I agree. They missed shot after shot after shot 5-10 feet. They can get there. Just hard to finish. 

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

Exactly right Bullshark and Pioneer they are 1 shooter away from being very good! Think that’s why last year with the Mayberry kid they were a real state championship contender cause she stretched the defense out so far and could knock down 5-6 threes any night! And go for 25+ at anytime.. Defense keeps Peabody in it cause the kids play so hard and Hart is great at teaching the traps but at some point the ball has to go thru the net! Peabody had every shot they could want I thought , a lot I’d open looks, but couldn’t make any! Kids returning for them got a ton of work to do in off season shooting it if they wanna stay in the top in single A in the West. Middle school needs to get hard at it also, I think that’s lacking a little in the fundamental dept with the kids coming up to the high school now and that’s where fundamentals happen.  When Peabody’s shots have fallen this season the look really good but it was ugly last night on the offensive end. Hope they hit a hot streak on Thursday to keep it going! 

1 hour ago, BABABA said:

Exactly right Bullshark and Pioneer they are 1 shooter away from being very good! Think that’s why last year with the Mayberry kid they were a real state championship contender cause she stretched the defense out so far and could knock down 5-6 threes any night! And go for 25+ at anytime.. Defense keeps Peabody in it cause the kids play so hard and Hart is great at teaching the traps but at some point the ball has to go thru the net! Peabody had every shot they could want I thought , a lot I’d open looks, but couldn’t make any! Kids returning for them got a ton of work to do in off season shooting it if they wanna stay in the top in single A in the West. Middle school needs to get hard at it also, I think that’s lacking a little in the fundamental dept with the kids coming up to the high school now and that’s where fundamentals happen.  When Peabody’s shots have fallen this season the look really good but it was ugly last night on the offensive end. Hope they hit a hot streak on Thursday to keep it going! 

Losing Mayberry was equivalent to losing an Erin Lannom or a Briana Fields, IMO. Really hurt Peabody last year. We lost our starting post last year as well and both teams lost their players playing against each other. Peabody looked like at times they were fixing to go on a good run and get a good lead but shots just wouldn't fall. But they play very hard and are a threat every game they play. TCA made more shots and that was the difference especially in the low post. TCA is as good in the low post and rebounding as there is around here in Single A, IMO.

2 games at UTM tonight, UC vs Dresden in the consolation game. I like Dresden by 18. Championship game is rematch of last years game Greenfield vs Gleason. I like Greenfield by 15. Although I picked them last year too and Gleason won so who knows. Monday night looks like Peabody vs Madison in consolation I like Peabody by 25 and Championship game TCA vs GC. I’ve been on the TCA bandwagon all season so I’m not jumping off now. TCA by 1. That one could go either way 

Edited by hoopfever

5 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

District 13A Championship game

Greenfield 57

Gleason 39

Darby's changed momentum real quick start 3rd Quater. Really good team. Little Darby hit some big threes. Big Darby hit some big three's. Alexis Anderson played big for Gleason. Both good teams. Congrats to Greenfield. They are tough.

Both games were pretty good tonight. Gleason Greenfield game was much closer than score indicated. Greenfield went on a monster run in 3rd to take control.Gleason cuts it back to 7 in the 4th. I think after the intentional foul from Anderson which was a 5 point swing, pretty much sealed the deal.Greenfield made their freethrows like Championship teams do. I’m giving Gleason credit though, a very solid team. Gave the champs all they wanted til the last 6 min. Great atmosphere tonight. Looking forward to the games at GC Monday 

GC vs TCA.  Should be a classic.  I think the Vegas oddsmakers would rule this a toss up!  GC has home court advantage BUT TCA has beaten them at GC the last three times.  GC does all of the litttle things well. They box out, play great position defense, don’t turn it over and take good shots.  They just don’t make mistakes.  They are not super talented but talented enough.  Shoot the three extremely well. TCA is extremely talented, long and athletic and now have depth.  They aren’t quite as basketball savvy as GC.  Lee and Howell will get theirs and do their thing.......key will be TCA’s post play!  If they show up they could win by 6 or 8.  If they don’t, they could lose by 6 or 8. Crowd will definitely be in GC’s favor. I’m taking TCA by 3. Much respect for GC’s team, coach, program and fans!  Good luck to both teams Monday night!  I believe the winner will be in Murfreesboro! 

Edited by Intense

9 hours ago, Intense said:

GC vs TCA.  Should be a classic.  I think the Vegas oddsmakers would rule this a toss up!  GC has home court advantage BUT TCA has beaten them at GC the last three times.  GC does all of the litttle things well. They box out, play great position defense, don’t turn it over and take good shots.  They just don’t make mistakes.  They are not super talented but talented enough.  Shoot the three extremely well. TCA is extremely talented, long and athletic and now have depth.  They aren’t quite as basketball savvy as GC.  Lee and Howell will get theirs and do their thing.......key will be TCA’s post play!  If they show up they could win by 6 or 8.  If they don’t, they could lose by 6 or 8. Crowd will definitely be in GC’s favor. I’m taking TCA by 3. Much respect for GC’s team, coach, program and fans!  Good luck to both teams Monday night!  I believe the winner will be in Murfreesboro! 

I like GC in his one. I have faith in my team much like you do yours. TCA will be tough no doubt, but I see GC's defense scheming TCA  and putting major pressure on them much like they did in the 4th quarter at TCA. I thought GC overcame a lot of adversity at TCA two weeks ago by overcoming the late technical and trailing 4 in the 4th after the technical. I think GC's senior leadership and the home crowd will get them over the hump here.

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Darby's changed momentum real quick start 3rd Quater. Really good team. Little Darby hit some big threes. Big Darby hit some big three's. Alexis Anderson played big for Gleason. Both good teams. Congrats to Greenfield. They are tough.

Moore- McNeil is not shooting well. She's got to break out of this shooting slump for the Jackets to win it all.