West Tn Class A

Intense

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Wonder how Macey Lee will play when see gets faceguarded the whole game? She better get used to it. Moore and Darby knows about it. Not just GC. But other teams. To beat Greenfield you stop Moore and Darby. To beat TCA you stop Lee. One advantage GC has. Who do you stop for GC? You start faceguarding GC players and defenders not playing help side defense GC takes it to the rim with the best of them and shoots in the paint and lay ups. These are just scenarios that will happen when the rubber meets the road. 

We are not a one horse show!  I assure you of that.  Ask Crockett County.  We will see in about 14 days. 

4 minutes ago, Intense said:

We are not a one horse show!  I assure you of that.  Ask Crockett County.  We will see in about 14 days. 

I hadn't looked at the schedule. You guys beat Crockett County? Good win if you did. No doubt you guys got some players but she is the one to stop. Goehring is a good player. She just played behind Savannah last year. I just got reminded tonight that TCA won't be in our district next year. Didn't hurt my feelings.

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I hadn't looked at the schedule. You guys beat Crockett County? Good win if you did. No doubt you guys got some players but she is the one to stop. Goehring is a good player. She just played behind Savannah last year. I just got reminded tonight that TCA won't be in our district next year. Didn't hurt my feelings.

No.  We lost to Crockett last week 57-58. My point was that we have multiple players who can score.  We have great post play but they don’t always get a lot of touches.  They are pretty effective and efficient when they have the ball.  We know GC is the measuring stick and we know it will take a great overall team effort to win that game.  I feel pretty confident we will play each other at least three times this year.  Would love to play 5 times......I assume you know what that means!

19 minutes ago, Intense said:

I think ya’ll got them again tomorrow.  Third time is a charm.  It is tough to bet a good team three times in a season, so my pick is TCA.  However, Crockett has the guards to not turn the ball over against a tough and athletic press.  If you have guards, you have a chance to beat TCA, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Intense said:

No.  We lost to Crockett last week 57-58. My point was that we have multiple players who can score.  We have great post play but they don’t always get a lot of touches.  They are pretty effective and efficient when they have the ball.  We know GC is the measuring stick and we know it will take a great overall team effort to win that game.  I feel pretty confident we will play each other at least three times this year.  Would love to play 5 times......I assume you know what that means!

No doubt. TCA is a good team. These girls work hard during and in the off season and I have lots of respect for and think a lot of the girls. I would be real happy if we played each other in the finals in Murfreesboro. Good luck against Crockett County tomm. Night. We have an easy one too. We have Westview.

5 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenfield has a tough schedule but have you seen GC's schedule so far? Gleason twice, Dyersburg twice, South Side, McNairy, Dresden, Greenfield, Summertown, Westview, Huntingdon, Union City.  I mean. Dang. GC had a player out today and one recovering and some more puny and we survived a dogfight with Gleason. They dictated pace a lot in the first half and was playing well. We were down by 8 at half and we won it on defense in the 2nd Half. 42-35. I see we will get every one's best shot. Hats off to Gleason. Played well enough to beat us.

I was at the GC Gleason game tonight, looked like both teams had some injuries, that’s just part of it. Fact of the matter is if 23 Atkins for Gleason doesn’t get into foul trouble this game probably ends differently. She controlled the first half and is no doubt the quarterback of that team. Which leads me to this, I’ve only seen GC play 3 times this year so I could be wrong.They are very good and well coached, one of the top teams in the state if not the best,but I don’t see a clear leader for them. I think they needed one tonight. What do you guys think, will this hurt them as they try to make a run in the post season or do they have enough players of the same caliber that it really doesn’t matter? 

6 hours ago, hoopfever said:

I was at the GC Gleason game tonight, looked like both teams had some injuries, that’s just part of it. Fact of the matter is if 23 Atkins for Gleason doesn’t get into foul trouble this game probably ends differently. She controlled the first half and is no doubt the quarterback of that team. Which leads me to this, I’ve only seen GC play 3 times this year so I could be wrong.They are very good and well coached, one of the top teams in the state if not the best,but I don’t see a clear leader for them. I think they needed one tonight. What do you guys think, will this hurt them as they try to make a run in the post season or do they have enough players of the same caliber that it really doesn’t matter? 

Funny you say that.  I have seen them about the same number of times and that would be my only concern for this team as well especially when they get late in the season in close, high pressured must win games.  It could be a good thing with someone new able to lead each night or it could be a bad thing when they need a leader and no-one is there.  time will tell........

8 hours ago, hoopfever said:

I will say this. Gleason controlled the tempo no doubt in the first half. We played some zone in the first half and Gleason made a few shots and they had some long possessions and we came out a little cold and wasn't a good recipe. We played man the second half and we came out of the gate and hit three or four in a row, which allowed us to press and get it going and obviously threw Gleason out of rhythm, IMO. I will say this. GC doesn't have any injuries but they have had  a bug going around his week and our girls definitely wasn't their selves y day. No disrespect for Gleason because they played well. 

8 hours ago, hoopfever said:

I think GC is so deep they have a lot of the same caliber players. And obviously you don't have a dominant player and it may be a little harder to have a true leader when you are that deep.  I thought GC had a four point lead yesterday and gave Gleason a little dose of their own medicine by playing keep away and basically waiting for the perfect shot and handling the ball in the 4th quarter. GC has handled the ball well this year late and making other teams have to foul late. But we obviously didn't play our best but still won the game which good teams do. I think good teams need to be tested so it won't be a shock come February. Martin will be a tough one today. I will say this. If we beat Martin at their place it will show that these girls especially these seniors are as mentally tough as any team in the state. Westview wil be the team tonight that should be the favorite at home.

Edited by pioneer42

I also like TCA over Crockett, they are just too physical inside. TCA had them beat earlier in the season, had a nice lead late and kept throwing up quick shots like they were behind. Not sure if that was a coaching fault or the kids not listening but if TCA cleans that up they will give GC and Peabody all they want in that district. Might be a big night for Single A

Edited by hoopfever