West Tn Class A

Intense

6 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

What happened to the Trevathan girl from Dresden? She was a solid ball player in middle school. Is she one of the ones that quit? I was shocked at how few of players Dresden had considering what they have had in middle school through the past few years!

She tore her ACL twice, first time is was the right leg, and second was left I think? She was an amazing ball player and got a lot of playing time as an underclassmen. I know Gallimore a pretty decent player quit after last season as well, because she didn't like the coaching staff. The Dresden games I went to this year were different then the ones I have been to in the past. Daddy West has always had come aparts on the bench but the son who is the head coach didn't even try to coach the girls during the games. He just yelled at the girls for making mistakes. The only reason that Dresden went to state the past couple of years IMO is that they had great players. Currently you have a former player at Bethel, one at a school in Georgia, and another at Hiawassee College. Not including several others that Could and Should have played somewhere in college. I know that the son can be a great coach but this year, he just acted like he didn't coach to the best of his abilities. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

She tore her ACL twice, first time is was the right leg, and second was left I think? She was an amazing ball player and got a lot of playing time as an underclassmen. I know Gallimore a pretty decent player quit after last season as well, because she didn't like the coaching staff. The Dresden games I went to this year were different then the ones I have been to in the past. Daddy West has always had come aparts on the bench but the son who is the head coach didn't even try to coach the girls during the games. He just yelled at the girls for making mistakes. The only reason that Dresden went to state the past couple of years IMO is that they had great players. Currently you have a former player at Bethel, one at a school in Georgia, and another at Hiawassee College. Not including several others that Could and Should have played somewhere in college. I know that the son can be a great coach but this year, he just acted like he didn't coach to the best of his abilities. 

Too many chiefs and not enough indians lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Good job girls, moving on.  

Well it wasn’t pretty but when you can win on an off night in the region do or die game. I’ll take it. Trinity has a good team and gave us all we wanted. We have to play a lot better to repeat what we did last year. 

Do you think that TCA might have had something to do with your “ off”night? Congratulations to Greenfield! I hope you and Gibson County play for the state championship!

30 minutes ago, Intense said:

Do you think that TCA might have had something to do with your “ off”night? Congratulations to Greenfield! I hope you and Gibson County play for the state championship!

Great game. No offense, but I believe if Moore was a 100% healthy this would've been a wider margin. It was close, but TCA played "tonight" a step behind. It doesn't hurt that Greenfield had the benefit of playing the District there, because it didn't look like TCA could get the range dialed in. We couldn't dial it in either for 3 1/2 quarters. Hopefully, those outside shots will fall sooner on Tuesday or we'll be on the road for sub-state. Thought it was kind of classless for Greenfield student section to be chanting overrated towards Lee, but they're kids.Good luck in DII next year. Good season. 

1 minute ago, SuperFan14A said:

Great game. No offense, but I believe if Moore was a 100% healthy this would've been a wider margin. It was close, but TCA played "tonight" a step behind. It doesn't hurt that Greenfield had the benefit of playing the District there, because it didn't look like TCA could get the range dialed in. We couldn't dial it in either for 3 1/2 quarters. Hopefully, those outside shots will fall sooner on Tuesday or we'll be on the road for sub-state. Thought it was kind of classless for Greenfield student section to be chanting overrated towards Lee, but they're kids.Good luck in DII next year. Good season. 

Lee had 20 points and 16 boards.  I don’t know how they think she could be overrated but as you said, they are kids.  Moore-McNeil had 22.  So if she was 100% do you think she scores 34 against us?  No way.  We had a lead with 2 minutes to go but had some costly turnovers.  Moore was able to drive by us anytime she wanted whether she was healthy or not.  Not sure how she could have played much better with the exception of making some of those early threes she missed.  Greenfield fans were worried whether they admit or not.  TCA should have won that game.  I do think Greenfield and GC are two best teams in the state, and I have said that all along but I think TCA is just right behind them.  I think TCA has proven that with a win over GC and two close losses and a close loss to Greenfield.  

10 hours ago, Intense said:

TCA definitely had something to do with us not playing good, thank you for the kind words. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Intense said:

Moore was able to drive by us anytime she wanted whether she was healthy or not.  Not sure how she could have played much better with the exception of making some of those early threes she missed.   

In my opinion Chloe Moore is the best player in Class A in the state and a great person to go with it. In my opinion Tess Darby is the second best player in Class A in the state and also a good girl, both girls had 22 points tonight.

You want find two girls anywhere that are more  team players and neither is worried about individual awards. They both have one goal and that's a Gold Ball.  It is so much fun watching these girls play ball. These girls have made a little town like Greenfield love basketball and cant wait for the next game.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

28 minutes ago, Intense said:

Lee had 20 points and 16 boards.  I don’t know how they think she could be overrated but as you said, they are kids.  Moore-McNeil had 22.  So if she was 100% do you think she scores 34 against us?  No way.  We had a lead with 2 minutes to go but had some costly turnovers.  Moore was able to drive by us anytime she wanted whether she was healthy or not.  Not sure how she could have played much better with the exception of making some of those early threes she missed.  Greenfield fans were worried whether they admit or not.  TCA should have won that game.  I do think Greenfield and GC are two best teams in the state, and I have said that all along but I think TCA is just right behind them.  I think TCA has proven that with a win over GC and two close losses and a close loss to Greenfield.  

I've seen her play for 6-7 years and I don't know if she would have scored 34, but she does a lot more than just score. She wasn't a 100% and several of the Greenfield people I talked to said she was on crutches yesterday at school to keep the weight off of her ankle and didn't practice. She didn't look as explosive or as aggressive on defense to me. She missed 5 of her first 6 shots and 3 of them were around the basket. I'm not knocking TCA, just giving an honest observation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intense said:

Thought TCA had them but last three minutes cost them as it did with GC over at TCA. Thought the shot on top of the key by the post and some bad TO's late cost you. But Chloe Moore took over the game with a bad wheel and showed what kind of player she is.