West Tn Class A

Intense

2 hours ago, Intense said:

Lee had 20 points and 16 boards.  I don’t know how they think she could be overrated but as you said, they are kids.  Moore-McNeil had 22.  So if she was 100% do you think she scores 34 against us?  No way.  We had a lead with 2 minutes to go but had some costly turnovers.  Moore was able to drive by us anytime she wanted whether she was healthy or not.  Not sure how she could have played much better with the exception of making some of those early threes she missed.  Greenfield fans were worried whether they admit or not.  TCA should have won that game.  I do think Greenfield and GC are two best teams in the state, and I have said that all along but I think TCA is just right behind them.  I think TCA has proven that with a win over GC and two close losses and a close loss to Greenfield.  

Not sure about 34, but probably  30. I am normally on your side intense, but a 100% healthy Moore does probably go for 30 and adds 3 mores steals to get those extra points.  She is that dynamic. I say it every year, guard play gets you to the Boro.. Tca’s guard play was a little off tonight despite dominating in the post. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Intense said:

Lee had 20 points and 16 boards.  I don’t know how they think she could be overrated but as you said, they are kids.  Moore-McNeil had 22.  So if she was 100% do you think she scores 34 against us?  No way.  We had a lead with 2 minutes to go but had some costly turnovers.  Moore was able to drive by us anytime she wanted whether she was healthy or not.  Not sure how she could have played much better with the exception of making some of those early threes she missed.  Greenfield fans were worried whether they admit or not.  TCA should have won that game.  I do think Greenfield and GC are two best teams in the state, and I have said that all along but I think TCA is just right behind them.  I think TCA has proven that with a win over GC and two close losses and a close loss to Greenfield.  

I think next TCA will win the private sector next year. They will be loaded to the gills. Little Lee and Little Goehring will be working out tommorow doing the extra stuff. They will be 10 deep easy maybe 12. 

Region 6 semis Monday night at Bethel. Huntingdon vs Summertown @ 6:00, McKenzie vs Loretto @ 7:30. Two of these teams should make it to Murfreesboro. McKenzie has their hands full against Loretto. Summertown and Huntingdon could be a good one. All you region 7 folks need to come over for a good night of round ball. Much better venue than UTM.

12 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Region 6 semis Monday night at Bethel. Huntingdon vs Summertown @ 6:00, McKenzie vs Loretto @ 7:30. Two of these teams should make it to Murfreesboro. McKenzie has their hands full against Loretto. Summertown and Huntingdon could be a good one. All you region 7 folks need to come over for a good night of round ball. Much better venue than UTM.

I will be there!  Can't wait!  Going to be a great night of basketball.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I think next TCA will win the private sector next year. They will be loaded to the gills. Little Lee and Little Goehring will be working out tommorow doing the extra stuff. They will be 10 deep easy maybe 12. 

I think they can compete but win it will be a longshot. Dll in Memphis is still loaded next year. Northpoint has blowed everyone out. They beat USJ by 30+. Harding Academy has 2 girls 6’5 that keep everybody out the paint. TRA will still have a good squad. USJ isnt losing but 1 or 2 either and TCA and them split their games by less than 5 both times. USJ got put out first round of their version of sectionals. After sectionals it gets even tougher. I think their chances are greater getting to state at D1 then through the private schools. District 14 is losing alot of big time seniors after this year. 

21 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

TCA will compete with the top teams in Division II, and could possible win a state championship. While the Division II League is down in overall team depth, I feel like it is on the upswing of things.

Most kids are just transferring to the schools that have the better programs for the sports they play. If Dll had the sitout rule like Dl there would be alot less of it. The 8 teams that make it to state in Dll are loaded with Dl college talent. 

24 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Most kids are just transferring to the schools that have the better programs for the sports they play. If Dll had the sitout rule like Dl there would be alot less of it. The 8 teams that make it to state in Dll are loaded with Dl college talent. 

They do have the “sit out” rule!  TSSAA is the governing body and all rules apply.  Go to the TSSAA bylaws if you don’t believe me.

13 minutes ago, Intense said:

They do have the “sit out” rule!  TSSAA is the governing body and all rules apply.  Go to the TSSAA bylaws if you don’t believe me.

Only if there on scholarship assistance or if they live outside the 20 mile radius of the school. If they are paying their way they are elgible. Several of the Big city private schools are within the 20 mile radius. In public schools it has to be a bonifide move in the district or you sit out a year.

Edited by AllVolHere

2 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Only if there on scholarship assistance or if they live outside the 20 mile radius of the school. If they are paying their way they are elgible. Several of the Big city private schools are within the 20 mile radius. In public schools it has to be a bonifide move in the district or you sit out a year.

You are absolutely dead wrong!  You need to read the bylaws!  All rules apply equally according to TSSAA.  You need to research before you speak!

3 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

So if a public school player moves enrolls and pays her own way at TCA she has to sitout a year? I know a couple who didnt have to sitout.

If she moves and lived more than 20 miles away she would NOT have to sit out but if she lived within 20 miles she would have to sit out.  Transferring from private to private requires a one year sitout unless a bona fide move is made.