West Tn Class A

Intense

52 minutes ago, gogold said:

Let me first congratulate  Mckenzie  for their effort and physical play tonight.  They gave Loretto everything they wanted.  Loretto knew they were in for a game.  Other girls did step up for Loretto and their defense kicked in the 2nd half.   You not quite right on totally shutting down Weathers, she had 27 points, but you did take her out of her comfort zone at times.  She has had a tough weekend with having to bury her grandfather.  Mr Davis was a really fine man too.   I do think McKenzie had a good game plan for her.  Well,  it's round 5 with Summertown and Loretto !  May the odds be ever in Loretto's favor !

She burst open in the second half because we got tired. Loretto needs another scoring option because when she is faceguarded yall are in trouble. Having one scoring option may work in our region but it does not work in the glass house. I thought we did a fantastic job on her and it was a great game plan putting our best defender on her.  Our fan base has said that we are out of shape and it showed late in the game, when we couldn't even get back on defense in fast break situations. We did shut down Weathers for 3 quarters and limited her touches.  Weathers may or may not have had 27 points but they were a very hard 27 points to get. She has great potential but she must improve other parts of her game. I know that she is a freshmen and still has 3 more years of ball. I thought that we played hard throughout the game and didn't give up especially after Loretto made a run in the second quarter. That was our best game of the season and our girls are very proud on how they played tonight. We will meet again next year for round two. We only lose senior and gain 5 fine eighth graders who went undefeated in the regular season and two postseason tournaments. Summertown got lucky tonight against the Fillies so another battle is set for Wednesday. Good luck on the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

She burst open in the second half because we got tired. Loretto needs another scoring option because when she is faceguarded yall are in trouble. Having one scoring option may work in our region but it does not work in the glass house. I thought we did a fantastic job on her and it was a great game plan putting our best defender on her.  Our fan base has said that we are out of shape and it showed late in the game, when we couldn't even get back on defense in fast break situations. We did shut down Weathers for 3 quarters and limited her touches.  Weathers may or may not have had 27 points but they were a very hard 27 points to get. She has great potential but she must improve other parts of her game. I know that she is a freshmen and still has 3 more years of ball. I thought that we played hard throughout the game and didn't give up especially after Loretto made a run in the second quarter. That was our best game of the season and our girls are very proud on how they played tonight. We will meet again next year for round two. We only lose senior and gain 5 fine eighth graders who went undefeated in the regular season and two postseason tournaments. Summertown got lucky tonight against the Fillies so another battle is set for Wednesday. Good luck on the rest of the season.

I'm saying your team played great.  Weathers did have 27 points and we had 2 would be starters out with injuries.  Our 8th graders coming up lost their only game in state semi's and we have everyone back except one reserve next year.  Huntingdon could have very easily won their game last night and McKenzie was in our game most of the night.  We hope we can get one of our injured kids back by sub-state, and this will help with scoring and depth the other is done for the season.  Good luck to you next season and y'all played a great game last night. 

1 hour ago, gogold said:

I'm saying your team played great.  Weathers did have 27 points and we had 2 would be starters out with injuries.  Our 8th graders coming up lost their only game in state semi's and we have everyone back except one reserve next year.  Huntingdon could have very easily won their game last night and McKenzie was in our game most of the night.  We hope we can get one of our injured kids back by sub-state, and this will help with scoring and depth the other is done for the season.  Good luck to you next season and y'all played a great game last night. 

Weathers kid is a player no doubt. McKenzie came to play last night. They played up to their talent. I think McKenzie would have played any team tough last night. They were very scrappy and aggressive last night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gogold said:

Besides Buttrum, who else was out?  

Tidwell?   

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Weathers kid is a player no doubt. McKenzie came to play last night. They played up to their talent. I think McKenzie would have played any team tough last night. They were very scrappy and aggressive last night. 

I'm not sure what team everyone's been talking about.  I thought we may have been play Bethel College the way that one started out !  Lol !!!!

36 minutes ago, gogold said:

I'm not sure what team everyone's been talking about.  I thought we may have been play Bethel College the way that one started out !  Lol !!!!

McKenzie has always had lots of talent as you would see during AAU and spring ball.  They definitely played with a lot of heart last night. They have played us tough too at times. We used to play them twice a year up until this year.

5 hours ago, gogold said:

Good luck to y'all as well. Hope you get back to 100 percent. McKenzie will be back next year.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie has always had lots of talent as you would see during AAU and spring ball.  They definitely played with a lot of heart last night. They have played us tough too at times. We used to play them twice a year up until this year.

Thank you. We very fortunate that we have kids that play AAU and travel ball. I wish we played like that all season long. We had a great start to the season and lack of conditioning killed us after Christmas break. Hope our coach runs the girls more this summer and that they work on fundamentals in practice. We haven't made this far in the postseason since 2003 so I am very proud of our girls. We have a great group of eighth graders coming up so will be better next year. We only lose one senior as well. Not saying that we are a state contender next year but for sure a region contender.