West Tn Class A

Intense

3 hours ago, BullShark said:

No teenage girl deserves to be booed at a ball game, ever!  No excuse for this kind of behavior.

Absolutely agree. Saw this at the 13AAA District Final and awards ceremonies The host student section and crowd did the same thing. I hoped was something that was just was one night but has reared it's head again in Region 7 host from !3AAA District host and the Regional host. You never boo the kids. Just shows the lack of pride in your own program.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I thought our girls like you said got hit in the mouth early and almost pulled anither miraculous comeback. Think our girls will be fine. We have been ranked number all year, a lot of the girls that have been hot all year have cooled a bit (better now than later, ebbs and flows). I think they will be fine and use this loss as a building block. No way we were beating these girls three times this year. Girls need to take a deep breath and back to work.

I saw both these teams a couple teams this year. Can only imagine what a great match up in the Regional. Greenfield is the real deal. Moore is best I've seen this year and last. GC has not one thing to hang their head about. What a pleasure was to watch their games this year. Great program.

17 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

I saw both these teams a couple teams this year. Can only imagine what a great match up in the Regional. Greenfield is the real deal. Moore is best I've seen this year and last. GC has not one thing to hang their head about. What a pleasure was to watch their games this year. Great program.

I told several people chances of beating Greenfield 3 times in a row would have been slim, MO. Not guaranteed to meet again but if so it would take a little pressure off of GC. Thought GC pressed a little especially early and when they did settle in and make a good run Greenfield would answer. Lot of basketball left to be played. GC has bounced back extremely well this season after a loss. I expect the same from these girls. They have been the consensus number 1 team since the polls came out because of the way they played and have had a bullseye on their back most of the year. As a family member of a player, I am very humble to the good Lord for the  blessings of this basketball season and I do expect the girls to rally back.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I told several people chances of beating Greenfield 3 times in a row would have been slim, MO. Not guaranteed to meet again but if so it would take a little pressure off of GC. Thought GC pressed a little especially early and when they did settle in and make a good run Greenfield would answer. Lot of basketball left to be played. GC has bounced back extremely well this season after a loss. I expect the same from these girls. They have been the consensus number 1 team since the polls came out because of the way they played and have had a bullseye on their back most of the year. As a family member of a player, I am very humble to the good Lord for the  blessings of this basketball season and I do expect the girls to rally back.

I've seen Greenfield and Gibson Co play a bunch this season as well as watching a lot of region 7 ball. This region has many great teams and outstanding coaches but Greenfield is the most talented having 2 players that arguably could be the best player on any of the other 7 teams in the state tournament! Gibson Co is not far behind and play with both poise and heart that exceeds their abilities. Any team that plays either of these teams in Murfreesboro better keep the bus warm!

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Clark Range has to be the favorite and Gibson County just had an off night last night. Clay County beat Clark Range. Loretto (29-1) is loaded and some say got the best player in the state. 

I know Greenfield is a long shot and we are just hoping to go back. But we sure are having fun watching these girls playing team ball.  They have brought a little town so much enjoyment and back close together

Edited by Greenfieldfan

16 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Clark Range has to be the favorite and Gibson County just had an off night last night. Clay County beat Clark Range. Loretto (29-1) is loaded and some say got the best player in the state. 

I know Greenfield is a long shot and we are just hoping to go back. But we sure are having fun watching these girls playing team ball.  They have brought a little town so much enjoyment and back close together

Greenfield you sound like you're running for office. You're defending champs with all your big guns back. Your supporting cast has improved over the season. As long as you stay out of foul trouble your big time trouble for any opponent. Young Darby's foul trouble against Gibson Co hurt y'all. Come on over to Bethel tonight to see if you think Loretto or Summertown can beat you. I think not!

1 minute ago, Greenfieldfan said:

We don’t want any undue pressure on our girls so we like being the underdog. That’s ok if people want to pick Clark Range or Gibson County or Loretto  

I would be there tonight but it’s a church night, I’d love to see Loretto and Summertown play. You are absolutely right we have got to stay out of foul trouble. 

It was easy being the underdog last year, but not this year.... you are the big dogs in Single A....

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield a long shot??? That is funny!!! Greenfield is obviously the favorite just because they are the defending champs. Clarkrange and Clay County wil be tough as well. I do think GC had an off two nights. We shot terrible. Hopefully we got that out of our system. We had some good looks just couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. You have to think that three bench players scoring 21 points who a couple played limited action is going to outscore your starting five very often. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Greenfield you sound like you're running for office. You're defending champs with all your big guns back. Your supporting cast has improved over the season. As long as you stay out of foul trouble your big time trouble for any opponent. Young Darby's foul trouble against Gibson Co hurt y'all. Come on over to Bethel tonight to see if you think Loretto or Summertown can beat you. I think not!

I was not impressed by either of those teams. They are young though so we will have to watch out for the next couple of years.