1A All-State

cherokee23

In my opinion, GB should’ve had 5 on this list instead of 6. There is no way Wingo should be left off. If they keep leaving players of Wingo and  Raulston’s caliber off the list, the meaning of this award will start to diminish. If these 2 players didn’t deserve All-State, I for sure know that I didn’t! 

38 minutes ago, Thevalleytruth said:

This is an all state list guys not the all east team. 

Point taken but....if I’m building an All State team in Tennessee I’m taking Wingo toward the top of my list. We have good defensive players at GB but Wingo steam rolled us. He was just too big and powerful for our guys to handle in the secondary. He’s also one heck of a LB so how he got missed needs some investigating from the powers that be to keep the honor of the award intact. I am very happy my son made it and feel he deserved it but almost equally as disappointed for Wingo who honestly deserved to be on that list as well. He’s one of the best 1A players and had a great HS resume as an individual player with an Allstate senior performance sharing duties with Petty. Whitwell does not get past GB or win championship without both those stars.

17 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Point taken but....if I’m building an All State team in Tennessee I’m taking Wingo toward the top of my list. We have good defensive players at GB but Wingo steam rolled us. He was just too big and powerful for our guys to handle in the secondary. He’s also one heck of a LB so how he got missed needs some investigating from the powers that be to keep the honor of the award intact. I am very happy my son made it and feel he deserved it but almost equally as disappointed for Wingo who honestly deserved to be on that list as well. He’s one of the best 1A players and had a great HS resume as an individual player with an Allstate senior performance sharing duties with Petty. Whitwell does not get past GB or win championship without both those stars.

Thanks momma Willis wingo made the coaches and the other list they get released on the 1st

Some of you are sounding like the participation generation. Everyone gets a trophy. Those guys are great players but so are the young men on the list. They all have great stats. That’s what makes this list elite and special for the players on it. Who comes off to put your players on? Tough question. I’m sure the ones who chose the list worked every angle. 

• Upvote 1