1A All-State

cherokee23

5 minutes ago, junglefan said:

Some of you are sounding like the participation generation. Everyone gets a trophy. Those guys are great players but so are the young men on the list. They all have great stats. That’s what makes this list elite and special for the players on it. Who comes off to put your players on? Tough question. I’m sure the ones who chose the list worked every angle. 

Good post!

32 minutes ago, junglefan said:

Some of you are sounding like the participation generation. Everyone gets a trophy. Those guys are great players but so are the young men on the list. They all have great stats. That’s what makes this list elite and special for the players on it. Who comes off to put your players on? Tough question. I’m sure the ones who chose the list worked every angle. 

I think you may have got it right with the participation word. The only thing that could have tilted the voters was Wingo missed a few regular season games due to injury and being held out to save the guy vs blowout games. He still played 12 games per stats so he must have missed 3 games. GB played 9 regular season games and 3 in playoffs do our guys had a total of 12 as well. Even though Wingo scored double digit TDs with over 1,100 yards rushing and over 60 tackles (40 solo) and win the championship his better stats did not get him the nod nor did the eye test which he wins hands down. Had to be the less participation. Guy could not have lost based on stats alone. Tough break.

26 minutes ago, ladykee said:

I think you may have got it right with the participation word. The only thing that could have tilted the voters was Wingo missed a few regular season games due to injury and being held out to save the guy vs blowout games. He still played 12 games per stats so he must have missed 3 games. GB played 9 regular season games and 3 in playoffs do our guys had a total of 12 as well. Even though Wingo scored double digit TDs with over 1,100 yards rushing and over 60 tackles (40 solo) and win the championship his better stats did not get him the nod nor did the eye test which he wins hands down. Had to be the less participation. Guy could not have lost based on stats alone. Tough break.

There you go, the MTP Rb that made it had 12 games with 1788 yards 24 TDs, over 2,000 all purpose yards. Mr Football Semi-Finalist... also passes the eye test.

so he wasn’t beat out by a slouch 

I garuntee I didnt get to see this mess last year cause I was stuck in that nation mans attic by him that muskox man and o&b man.  I would be real mad if I was that Raulston boy and that Wingo boy.  Grider is that Raulston boys coach and he should have put him on the list.  I dont no why that Boldin man didnt put that Wingo boy on the list.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

17 minutes ago, junglefan said:

There you go, the MTP Rb that made it had 12 games with 1788 yards 24 TDs, over 2,000 all purpose yards. Mr Football Semi-Finalist... also passes the eye test.

Also has 260 carries a game, that’s right at 25 carries a game he better have that many yards. Wingo also had a all state WR and QB and not to mention petty all sharing the load 

3 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

Also has 260 carries a game, that’s right at 25 carries a game he better have that many yards. Wingo also had a all state WR and QB and not to mention petty all sharing the load 

Check the list again... MTP also has an ALL STATE WR up there with 1,000 plus yards and a pretty good QB... 25 carries is an avg number of carries (probably below avg for 1A)  for a tail back. 

1 hour ago, junglefan said:

I did not say he should have won over the other RBs who had bigger stats. He could have been on defense team or athlete on either. They use those spots to plug in all state worthy players. Who knows he might not have even been nominated. It happens to promote others and this thing does get political and media driven. Those that have watched these guys play multiple games on film and in person plus see their stats just know who the top players are.