1A All-State

cherokee23

24 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Per stats he played in 12 out of possible 15 games played. Not sure if 3 games missed were all regular season games. Also heard all State is decided based on regular season. Also not sure if when nominated a position is specified or offense/defense. Do they look at total body of work for the season on both sides of the ball? I guess it just doesn’t make much sense when you play the biggest majority of games and your defensive stats support getting the nod on the defensive side of the ball especially when you probably just barely missed out with your stats supporting getting the nod at RB or ATH on the offensive side. You take Wingo or Petty either one off and Whitwell feels that loss big time against a good opponent. That is the impact an all State player has on a team.

I totally agree!

19 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Who is Condra and Kilgore? I’m sorry, but I don’t remember those names. Where is Wingo? He was one of your top 3-4 players.  I’m surprised Raulston didn’t make it for SP as well. 

Condra is the kid they ran 90% of the offensive plays behind all year. Got doubled teamed most of the year on defense and the younger brother of 22 that was their RB last year. Kilgore kid played defense only with a lot of tackles for loss yards. 

18 hours ago, WingoVFL said:

Brayden Condra is 22 from last year little big brother lol and Jace Kilgore is #42 made a lot of big plays this year. And josh was a lot of people’s top 3-5 players(east) not just mine 

Wingo gets snubbed for All-State this year just like another back that got snubbed for it last year. Both very good backs for their teams in different years.

17 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don’t care who they are. They weren’t close to the same player as #3 for Whitwell or #9 for SP. 

Condra made it for a offensive lineman and Kilgore made it as a defensive lineman. Those kids making it as lineman shouldn’t have no bearings with the out come of Wingo and Raulston making it, they were RB/LB. Both should’ve been named as well. 

9 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Maybe that’s why he missed it. Those other two kids that made it for Whitwell as juniors though is a head scratcher to me. 

It’s no different than Raulston Petty Roberts and others making it last year as juniors at their position. I agree they both should’ve made it and maybe they would’ve if they changed the position to another position. They’re always good players being left off the list every year. If kids are being picked for the positions that they play all year then they deserve it. JS

1 hour ago, Justafan6980 said:

It’s no different than Raulston Petty Roberts and others making it last year as juniors at their position. I agree they both should’ve made it and maybe they would’ve if they changed the position to another position. They’re always good players being left off the list every year. If kids are being picked for the positions that they play all year then they deserve it. JS

I agree, but as a football player Raulston and Wingo is better than some of these kids on the list imo 

1 hour ago, WingoVFL said:

I agree, but as a football player Raulston and Wingo is better than some of these kids on the list imo 

I agree, they are better than some of the kids on the list at the positions they played. Maybe the coaches should’ve turned them in as athletes or a different position that they didn’t play at all year. 

1 hour ago, Justafan6980 said:

I agree, they are better than some of the kids on the list at the positions they played. Maybe the coaches should’ve turned them in as athletes or a different position that they didn’t play at all year. 

I’m not knocking condra or Kilgore I think they deserve it I’m talking about the other LBs(besides Thundur) or Rb or Athlete

5 hours ago, Justafan6980 said:

Which two cause they all deserved it including the Wingo kid. 

I’m taking Wingo all day long over Condra and Kilgore. I understand they play different positions, but for those guys to make it and him not is crazy. I will go one more on you. Stewart for SP not making it as a lineman over Condra is crazy as well. I mean if we’re comparing linemen... Stewart was definitely better.