1A All-State

cherokee23

40 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

The yahoo was spiked with “Red Bull” and that “Horny Goat” stuff. Then you boys went and kidnapped Roy and promptly treated him like Ned Beatty. I guess it all adds up. Whoever spiked the Yahoo drinks is responsible for Roy’s disappearance last year. 

My bad, can’t beli my master plan worked 

Inside sources compilation:

Q.  How does the high school all state football process work?

* It's an extensive process that includes as many individuals as possible who cover high school athletics for newspapers from around the state. 

* Coaches do not have input (vote) and neither do recruiting services. 

* I usually ask for coaches recommendations from their team and put a list together to email out.

* Statistics from the regular season as well as the postseason are covered.

Q. When does this process take place?

* For football, writers from around the state submit nominations around the week of the title games. 

* There is a meeting (and there were two this year) during the state championships to begin working on the teams and further discussion via phone calls, emails and text messages to try and properly cover all areas of the state and make sure we do not miss deserving individuals. 

* Basically it's the writers from each section of the state who send in nominations from their area, someone compiles all of those based off stats, Mr Football etc and then they send out a list for everyone to look over and make sure none of their local kids are left off.

Q. Who tallies the votes?

* It's someone different every year. I did it for football and basketball for several years.

Consensus :

* It is NOT an exact science and I'm sure there are individuals missed. 

Me :  Thanks.