1A All-State

cherokee23

I agree with everyone that Wingo is a all-state player. I am suggesting this may be why he didn't make it...its just a assumption. I believe he missed 4 maybe 5 games and his stats suffered because of lost time compared to players that played more time? I don't believe it was because of his ability as much as it would be that. He is all-state caliber just hurt buy the numbers..i don't know the exact numbers but he probably finished with around 1000 yds rushing on huge avg....but if he played those other games he has 1600-1700 yds?? Just a thought.

35 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

I agree with everyone that Wingo is a all-state player. I am suggesting this may be why he didn't make it...its just a assumption. I believe he missed 4 maybe 5 games and his stats suffered because of lost time compared to players that played more time? I don't believe it was because of his ability as much as it would be that. He is all-state caliber just hurt buy the numbers..i don't know the exact numbers but he probably finished with around 1000 yds rushing on huge avg....but if he played those other games he has 1600-1700 yds?? Just a thought.

Maybe that’s why he missed it. Those other two kids that made it for Whitwell as juniors though is a head scratcher to me. 

49 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

Per stats he played in 12 out of possible 15 games played. Not sure if 3 games missed were all regular season games. Also heard all State is decided based on regular season. Also not sure if when nominated a position is specified or offense/defense. Do they look at total body of work for the season on both sides of the ball? I guess it just doesn’t make much sense when you play the biggest majority of games and your defensive stats support getting the nod on the defensive side of the ball especially when you probably just barely missed out with your stats supporting getting the nod at RB or ATH on the offensive side. You take Wingo or Petty either one off and Whitwell feels that loss big time against a good opponent. That is the impact an all State player has on a team.

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Wingo should have made all state. It’s ridiculous that he didn’t make the list. He was one of the top 4 players on that team. 

I agree Bass regardless if he missed a few games his stats speak for themselves and he is a player. No slight to Petty but if you asked our players and they were honest who do you not look forward to hitting when they have the ball barrelling down at you and it’s Wingo. Same for if you had the ball and he was coming up to slobber knock you. The guy is around 6’2 and 210 pounds or so and uses every bit of it. Watching film all season he was impressive to watch and more than passed the eye test to my guys who know their football. That Thunder kid was wide open as well and not afraid to hit! The Raulston kid has an argument too but unless I’m wrong he did get the all State nod last year so at least he has that. My crew didn’t think he touched the ball enough.

Edited by ladykee