1A All-State

cherokee23

2 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

I’m not knocking condra or Kilgore I think they deserve it I’m talking about the other LBs(besides Thundur) or Rb or Athlete

You know as well as I do that Stewart was one of the top linemen in the entire valley this season. I would say he probably didn’t make it because SP lost in the quarterfinals. 

1 hour ago, WingoVFL said:

I’m not knocking condra or Kilgore I think they deserve it I’m talking about the other LBs(besides Thundur) or Rb or Athlete

I’m not saying you are knocking them. I agree with you that Wingo and Raulston should’ve been selected. I was referring that if they listed as athlete like they did Petty the past couple years, maybe it would’ve been different. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m taking Wingo all day long over Condra and Kilgore. I understand they play different positions, but for those guys to make it and him not is crazy. I will go one more on you. Stewart for SP not making it as a lineman over Condra is crazy as well. I mean if we’re comparing linemen... Stewart was definitely better. 

I’m not saying Wingo or Raulston didn’t deserve to make it. Maybe they need to change the way they vote for the kids to make all-state instead of listing them at positions just vote them for it. Condra must’ve deserved it or he wouldn’t have been selected for it. I’d have to take Condra, the kid pretty much controlled the offensive line of scrimmage all year. 

You know as well as I do that Stewart was one of the top linemen in the entire valley this season. I would say he probably didn’t make it because SP lost in the quarterfinals. 

Bass to my understanding All State is figured before playoffs.According to a writer i was talking to a couple years ago.

I’m taking Wingo all day long over Condra and Kilgore. I understand they play different positions, but for those guys to make it and him not is crazy. I will go one more on you. Stewart for SP not making it as a lineman over Condra is crazy as well. I mean if we’re comparing linemen... Stewart was definitely better. 

Condra is a very very good OL/DL. He deserved to be on the list. He can play both sides at a very high level just not one side. Wingo should have made it. 

Good list. Of course there are good players left off the list. It’s happened in the past and will in the future. I can accept the 2 backs listed. Both are very deserving. I can see 2 of the LB’s listed also. Did not see the LB from Coalfield but Roberts and Warren are both very good. I agree Wingo and Raulston are very good and deserving too but so are the ones named. 

5 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Condra is a very very good OL/DL. He deserved to be on the list. He can play both sides at a very high level just not one side. Wingo should have made it. 

He’s probably a pretty good player. I’m just saying Stewart for SP was likely the best lineman on the field during our two games. It is ashame he didn’t make the list. And yes... it’s crazy that Wingo didn’t make the team as well. 

3 hours ago, Justafan6980 said:

That’s my understanding as well. Everything is voted on just a ten game season with playoffs excluded.

I believe that is how Mr. Football is voted on.  Think about it.. all state is the entire season. There is no way teams would have 5-6 kids on the list if they just looked at the regular season. I’ve noticed that usually the teams that last the longest have more players on the teams. It held true this season. Go back and take a look. That leads me to believe the all state team might not be chosen until the regular season is over.

26 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

He’s probably a pretty good player. I’m just saying Stewart for SP was likely the best lineman on the field during our two games. It is ashame he didn’t make the list. And yes... it’s crazy that Wingo didn’t make the team as well. 

I can understand you taking up for the kids at SP but as far as being the best lineman on the field those two games I don’t know about it. Stewart probably deserved to be selected as well as the others from SP that made it. Maybe he’ll get voted for the Coaches  All State. Wingo and Headrick along with a couple that were on it last year will be on it.