Cummings to Halls?

rebelwoman87

On 1/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, HTV said:

Doesn't matter what happened at Concord Christian, Troy is a darned good football coach.  That is a very small private school that tried to start a program from scratch with Troy, and it's a program that didn't have financial aid available.  Troy had no control over who came to the school.  

Troy is on the staff at the new Lakeway Christian in Morristown, who start playing next year.  Former Furman University head coach Bruce Fowler is the head coach at Lakeway.  

Yes to compare ANY school to CCCS is a complete joke.That team had no chance at winning a game against TSD.Troy is a fine coach and anyone would be blessed to have him.CCCS...well bless their heart is all i can say.

16 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

How will Cummings do at Halls? I know there was quite a bit of celebration about the other guy leaving. 

Bottom line:  He has to get the athletes in the school who are only playing one other sport out for football, he needs to get the kids who aren't playing football who could be helping the program out for football, and he has to keep the kids zoned Halls who are going elsewhere to school and playing football to stay home. 

Scott is a very good football coach, but even the best coaches can't win if they don't have the horses.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Bottom line:  He has to get the athletes in the school who are only playing one other sport out for football, he needs to get the kids who aren't playing football who could be helping the program out for football, and he has to keep the kids zoned Halls who are going elsewhere to school and playing football to stay home. 

Scott is a very good football coach, but even the best coaches can't win if they don't have the horses.  

I’d be concerned with him running kids off, not saying Cummings isn’t a good coach but he didn’t mesh with Cleveland. He ran our kids off and nobody liked playing for him. I’m glad he’s gone as is everybody else. He didn’t want the pressure that was on him to win at Cleveland especially at the 6a level. Maybe Halls will have better luck with him than we did. But if u ask me, he won’t be at Halls long either. He’s using them to eventually work his way back to West.

4 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

I’d be concerned with him running kids off, not saying Cummings isn’t a good coach but he didn’t mesh with Cleveland. He ran our kids off and nobody liked playing for him. I’m glad he’s gone as is everybody else. He didn’t want the pressure that was on him to win at Cleveland especially at the 6a level. Maybe Halls will have better luck with him than we did. But if u ask me, he won’t be at Halls long either. He’s using them to eventually work his way back to West.

I know Scott well.  He's a darned good football coach.  You don't win state championships not being able to manage a staff and connect with coaches and kids.  

Nope, his Cleveland experience wasn't good, and there were a lot of factors both on and off the field that came in to play.  It was best for both he and Cleveland to move on and both get new starts.  

I get that you are a Cleveland guy, and that's fine.  But don't try to tell me that Scott isn't a good football coach.  His record says differently.  

15 minutes ago, HTV said:

I know Scott well.  He's a darned good football coach.  You don't win state championships not being able to manage a staff and connect with coaches and kids.  

Nope, his Cleveland experience wasn't good, and there were a lot of factors both on and off the field that came in to play.  It was best for both he and Cleveland to move on and both get new starts.  

I get that you are a Cleveland guy, and that's fine.  But don't try to tell me that Scott isn't a good football coach.  His record says differently.  

You’re right and circumstances here happened that lead to it, but we are glad he’s gone as I’m sure he is. He can get back to where he’s comfortable in Knox coaching 5a ball

48 minutes ago, HTV said:

His record at CHS was 21-21. 0-4 vs Bradley, 2-2 against Walker Valley and managed to wreck one of the most talented group of middle schoolers to come through the program in addition to dressing 45 kids this year.  His record at Cleveland speaks for itself and that is all Cleveland folks give a darn about.

2 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

If I were a betting man, id say we will be here in 3 years or less talking about him leaving Halls and going back to West or somewhere else. What u think Draper?

Probably so.  Hope he does well there.  Interesting to me that another poster referenced Halls being glad the previous guy was gone.  The Cleveland kids loved him and respected him while he was here.  Just goes to show that finding the right “fit” is important and that a record at another school is not an indication of success at a new school.

3 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Probably so.  Hope he does well there.  Interesting to me that another poster referenced Halls being glad the previous guy was gone.  The Cleveland kids loved him and respected him while he was here.  Just goes to show that finding the right “fit” is important and that a record at another school is not an indication of success at a new school.

Well one things for sure, if Bosken was the head coach, Elder would have never left for Blackman.  But your right Bosken is a players coach, and was well liked at Cleveland. 

Edited by fooseball95