Cummings to Halls?

rebelwoman87

46 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Is Cummings that good of a coach, or did he just get lucky with some great players ( IB program and redistricting into Bearden zone, etc). Time will tell? 

Great question, BT. I think he's a solid get for Halls, considering the circumstances. He definitely won't have the horses that he had while at West, so it'll be interesting to see what level of success he can have.

21 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Great question, BT. I think he's a solid get for Halls, considering the circumstances. He definitely won't have the horses that he had while at West, so it'll be interesting to see what level of success he can have.

He should do fine at Halls.  Dropping down to 5A will help.  It’s a good day for a lot of the Cleveland football community as Well as Coach Cummings and his folks too I would imagine. It was a bad fit for both from the get go it seemed. Maybe Fooseball can get the administration to lean on his former coach this time round to help find the best fit for CHS.  It will take 2-3 years to get things headed in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

He should do fine at Halls.  Dropping down to 5A will help.  It’s a good day for a lot of the Cleveland football community as Well as Coach Cummings and his folks too I would imagine. It was a bad fit for both from the get go it seemed. Maybe Fooseball can get the administration to lean on his former coach this time round to help find the best fit for CHS.  It will take 2-3 years to get things headed in the right direction.

Cleveland’s administration is the absolute worst at finding a football coach. I wouldn’t be suprised if they stunk this one up too

Just now, fooseball95 said:

Cleveland’s administration is the absolute worst at finding a football coach. I wouldn’t be suprised if they stunk this one up too

Don’t disagree.  They have a valuable resource.  Would be a shame to not use it but I think they have chosen not to at least 2 out of the last 3 hires if not all 3.  Water under the bridge but they lost a gem of a coach and man that would have had the program at a very high level.  IMO Brown, Fant and Bosken in no particular order would be good hires.  I know the kids liked and respected Bosken and Brown.  Obviously Bosken has taken the Boyd job but the kids loved him.  Had he stayed, the roster would have looked different this year I believe.

32 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Why be disappointed?? Not saying you shouldn’t be — just curious! 

The actual talent and great teams that we have had at the school and well,  as me and my secret admire rebel fan have been talking about, its just not football, it's all other sports here. Has to do with coaching. Most of the football teams should have made it a lot farther and so on. Bradley has put out some of the best athelets in Tennessee the last 5-10 years. Most of the disappointment falls on coaching

20 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

Team was very undisciplined under crawford & have been since. I think the lack of discipline is a huge reason for the program’s downfall, but Cummings offense (or lack thereof) was a big factor in losing players too. 

Cummings didn’t run the veer for the last two years.  They were straight up spread.  Discipline was also not a problem under Crawford.  The real exodus of players came in year 3 and 4 at both the high school and middle school. The failure to discipline players was a real problem the last 4 years.