CLEVELAND BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

nono

I have been going to this tournament for the last 2 days. The bracket paper has Cleveland in one bracket, and Bradley in the other bracket. They both made it to play each other in the championship game. Then I find out that is not going to happen. They will each play the team that the other one beat, which was Siegel and Demopolis Alabama. All Cleveland, Bradley and Siegel fans that I spoke with did not like this. Neither did I because I have always liked watching Bradley play Cleveland for a championship of any kind. Does anyone know why they aren't going by the bracket and playing a championship game? The way they are doing it now, you will not even know who gets 3rd place. Another thing, last time I payed 10.00 to get in to a tournament game was at the Arby's Classic, there is alot of difference between that tournament and this one. Other teams should ask questions before getting in this tournament next year. I will not waste another 10.00 to go tomorrow since it will not be a championship game.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 10:54 PM, nono said:

I have been going to this tournament for the last 2 days. The bracket paper has Cleveland in one bracket, and Bradley in the other bracket. They both made it to play each other in the championship game. Then I find out that is not going to happen. They will each play the team that the other one beat, which was Siegel and Demopolis Alabama. All Cleveland, Bradley and Siegel fans that I spoke with did not like this. Neither did I because I have always liked watching Bradley play Cleveland for a championship of any kind. Does anyone know why they aren't going by the bracket and playing a championship game? The way they are doing it now, you will not even know who gets 3rd place. Another thing, last time I payed 10.00 to get in to a tournament game was at the Arby's Classic, there is alot of difference between that tournament and this one. Other teams should ask questions before getting in this tournament next year. I will not waste another 10.00 to go tomorrow since it will not be a championship game.

$10 for the 1 day? 

I’m not sure if this is a common thing or what, but at a tourney last week this happened. I feel like as a fan it’s disappointing. These coaches get into these knowing who is it in. Would’ve been a good game.

• Sad 1

Siegel, Demopolis, Cleveland, and Bradley were all really good teams.  Very entertaining games.  St Joseph girls are as good or better than any team we have played all season and we have played Oakland, Cumberland, Ensworth, Campbell County, Grainger, Oak Ridge, Cookeville, Northwest Whitfield, and East Hamilton.  Everyone in attendance got their money's worth.  Next Friday will be a great showdown between Bradley and Cleveland.

Edited by coachinhoops