CLEVELAND BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

nono

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I would say it’s hard to get good teams, most of the good local teams are playing in Knoxville or the Best of Preps.

I agree. But surely they could fill out out with better teams than Hixson, Cohulla and Sequoyah. That girls team they had out of WV was really good though and they were led by a couple of DI players.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Girls was handed out. Boys weren't because their was no championship game Saturday. The boys "championship " will be Friday night.

the game friday is just a regular season district game they come up with this because a lot of fans like me questioned them. you dont play the championship game the following week you play like it was written out.who gets the 3rd place trophy, oh i guess demopolis and siegel plays next week also or cleveland didnt have a third place trophy with that 10 dollar  to get in they should be 1st 2nd 3rd and all tournament team plaques 

• Sad 1

Every player got a $15 pair of socks.  Every coach got a long sleeve pullover.  1st and 2nd place get a plaque.  Nobody from Siegel or Demopolis including the coaches for both teams really cared.  There only seems to be one person with a major issue.  If it was about the money the game would have been played but its bigger than that.  Best of luck to both Bradley and Cleveland heading into next Friday.  It should be an all out war.  I sure cant wait to see it.

On 12/30/2018 at 12:06 AM, FootballFan51 said:

Who gives a rip about who finishes 3rd???

I read that both CHS & BCHS coaches agreed before the tourney that they wouldn’t play against each other, since the District game is next Friday. 

Thats not fair to THE public who came to see a Championship game. Which turned out to be cleveland RAIDERS vs BRADLEY bears...

5 hours ago, coachinhoops said:

Every player got a $15 pair of socks.  Every coach got a long sleeve pullover.  1st and 2nd place get a plaque.  Nobody from Siegel or Demopolis including the coaches for both teams really cared.  There only seems to be one person with a major issue.  If it was about the money the game would have been played but its bigger than that.  Best of luck to both Bradley and Cleveland heading into next Friday.  It should be an all out war.  I sure cant wait to see it.

dang,did them socks have gold in them.i never heard of a tournament giving socks instead of trophies,i am 58 and been to lots of tournaments,this is a first.socks last a year, an all tournament plaque will last a lifetime,memories for kids and grand kids.for this caliber tournament i think 8 a day and 10 for championship would have been fair.i talked to cleveland and siegel  and bradley fans and a couple of assistant coaches all mad,because of not playing by THE BRACKET.i also talked to athletic director and he flat out lied to me. and i think ms. dimples had an issue with it also.now that i know who u are i will talk to u friday if u are not busy'

Edited by nono

3 hours ago, nono said:

dang,did them socks have gold in them.i never heard of a tournament giving socks instead of trophies,i am 58 and been to lots of tournaments,this is a first.socks last a year, an all tournament plaque will last a lifetime,memories for kids and grand kids.for this caliber tournament i think 8 a day and 10 for championship would have been fair.i talked to cleveland and siegel  and bradley fans and a couple of assistant coaches all mad,because of not playing by THE BRACKET.i also talked to athletic director and he flat out lied to me. and i think ms. dimples had an issue with it also.now that i know who u are i will talk to u friday if u are not busy'

If formers players are showing their grandchildren a Christmas tourney plaque, they must not have lived very successful lives. Lol. I mean, it’s a Christmas tourney for crying out loud. In the grand scheme, they don’t mean anything. I view Christmas tourneys as a chance to play different teams and playing opponents that will make you better for the stretch run. 

its something to show kids or grand kids if they play ball when they grow up like when u see multiple brothers and sisters playing for same school or same coach,or winning a championship or mr. or ms basketball ,for memories and encouragement.just like showing pictures in photo album when u get older of other family members, first baseball game, first time they walked,ect.

Edited by nono