Best Team in West Tn in each class!?

RealisticFan45

On 1/14/2019 at 5:39 PM, rebelman101 said:

Idk when we are knocking down shots and not turning the ball over, we are hard to beat. 

So is every team that's ever played the game.

Looking at McKenzie's schedule it easy to see that there are no real tests. There is no size or athleticism to play against in the regular season. That's a problem come post season.

6 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

So is every team that's ever played the game.

Looking at McKenzie's schedule it easy to see that there are no real tests. There is no size or athleticism to play against in the regular season. That's a problem come post season.

Well you didn't look hard enough because we lost to a very good West Carroll team in OT, and got caught on a bad shooting night against Lexington. We have beat Peabody on the road by 2 and squashed Madison( who has played a very tough schedule), and beat a quality Camden team. We schedule evenly between our boys and girls squads so that both teams can play better teams. We still have to play West Carroll on the road and get a very good Columbia Academy at home. 

6 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

Bolivar will be trouble in 15AA

Bolivar is young. We have 2 juniors and 2 sophomores that are getting major minutes this year. The lack of experience is our shortfall but if we can speed the game up, we can score in bunches...we'll be one of those teams nobody wants to play come tournament time

15 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

Bolivar is young. We have 2 juniors and 2 sophomores that are getting major minutes this year. The lack of experience is our shortfall but if we can speed the game up, we can score in bunches...we'll be one of those teams nobody wants to play come tournament time

I know the feeling! We(South Side) has 0 senior 4 juniors 3 sophomores 6 freshman that all play! 

On 1/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, rebelman101 said:

Well you didn't look hard enough because we lost to a very good West Carroll team in OT, and got caught on a bad shooting night against Lexington. We have beat Peabody on the road by 2 and squashed Madison( who has played a very tough schedule), and beat a quality Camden team. We schedule evenly between our boys and girls squads so that both teams can play better teams. We still have to play West Carroll on the road and get a very good Columbia Academy at home. 

I don't have to look very hard. I grew up in West TN. My first coaching gig was in a single A school in the area. I know all about the teams in that area and the talent that is there. I've also coached in Memphis and know it too. 

What team has McKenzie played that is athletic? What team has McKenzie played that has decent size for a single A team? You're using teams like West Carroll, Camden, and Madison to say quality basketball. For the area, those teams might be ok but we all know that when it comes down to it they're not very good. 

Humboldt is your measuring stick for how good you are in single A in West TN. Mckenzie beat Trenton by 2 at Trenton. Humboldt beat Trenton by 16 at Trenton. Madison hasn't played a tough schedule. Having a bad shooting night and losing is what good teams don't do. They find a way to win regardless of the "bad shooting night"

Edited by warmachine7954
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

I don't have to look very hard. I grew up in West TN. My first coaching gig was in a single A school in the area. I know all about the teams in that area and the talent that is there. I've also coached in Memphis and know it too. 

What team has McKenzie played that is athletic? What team has McKenzie played that has decent size for a single A team? You're using teams like West Carroll, Camden, and Madison to say quality basketball. For the area, those teams might be ok but we all know that when it comes down to it they're not very good. 

Humboldt is your measuring stick for how good you are in single A in West TN. Mckenzie beat Trenton by 2 at Trenton. Humboldt beat Trenton by 16 at Trenton. Madison hasn't played a tough schedule. Having a bad shooting night and losing is what good teams don't do. They find a way to win regardless of the "bad shooting night"

Yes Humboldt is a very good team, and no Madison losses are to teams that are playing very well this year. Good teams can have a bad shooting night. For example UConn women , the best team in Women's college basketball shot horrible at Baylor and lost by double digits. So yes if the other team is knocking down shots and you aren't guess what will happen? You will lose. We play the number 3 team in the state tonight so maybe that will be a "quality oppenont" for you. I am just trying to celebrate my teams success because this is one of the best teams we have ever had. We don't have to play our region games with West Tennessee people, but if we did we would lose. We have a good chance to make it to the glass house this year.