Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

RealisticFan45

Best Team in West Tn in each class!?

Recommended Posts

On 1/14/2019 at 5:39 PM, rebelman101 said:

Idk when we are knocking down shots and not turning the ball over, we are hard to beat. 

So is every team that's ever played the game.

Looking at McKenzie's schedule it easy to see that there are no real tests. There is no size or athleticism to play against in the regular season. That's a problem come post season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

After watching East play the team out of California on ESPNU I don’t see any team in Tennessee beating them. 

The consensus in Memphis is that East and Bartlett are the favorites. No one else is really close. Whitehaven is pretty good but I don't think they're as good as the past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone in Triple A can beat East head to head in the state but some teams could make it scary  for them. Bartlett and Haven are 2 of em. Maybe Bearden..maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

So is every team that's ever played the game.

Looking at McKenzie's schedule it easy to see that there are no real tests. There is no size or athleticism to play against in the regular season. That's a problem come post season.

Well you didn't look hard enough because we lost to a very good West Carroll team in OT, and got caught on a bad shooting night against Lexington. We have beat Peabody on the road by 2 and squashed Madison( who has played a very tough schedule), and beat a quality Camden team. We schedule evenly between our boys and girls squads so that both teams can play better teams. We still have to play West Carroll on the road and get a very good Columbia Academy at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

Bolivar will be trouble in 15AA

Bolivar is young. We have 2 juniors and 2 sophomores that are getting major minutes this year. The lack of experience is our shortfall but if we can speed the game up, we can score in bunches...we'll be one of those teams nobody wants to play come tournament time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

Bolivar is young. We have 2 juniors and 2 sophomores that are getting major minutes this year. The lack of experience is our shortfall but if we can speed the game up, we can score in bunches...we'll be one of those teams nobody wants to play come tournament time

I know the feeling! We(South Side) has 0 senior 4 juniors 3 sophomores 6 freshman that all play! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, rebelman101 said:

Well you didn't look hard enough because we lost to a very good West Carroll team in OT, and got caught on a bad shooting night against Lexington. We have beat Peabody on the road by 2 and squashed Madison( who has played a very tough schedule), and beat a quality Camden team. We schedule evenly between our boys and girls squads so that both teams can play better teams. We still have to play West Carroll on the road and get a very good Columbia Academy at home. 

I don't have to look very hard. I grew up in West TN. My first coaching gig was in a single A school in the area. I know all about the teams in that area and the talent that is there. I've also coached in Memphis and know it too. 

What team has McKenzie played that is athletic? What team has McKenzie played that has decent size for a single A team? You're using teams like West Carroll, Camden, and Madison to say quality basketball. For the area, those teams might be ok but we all know that when it comes down to it they're not very good. 

Humboldt is your measuring stick for how good you are in single A in West TN. Mckenzie beat Trenton by 2 at Trenton. Humboldt beat Trenton by 16 at Trenton. Madison hasn't played a tough schedule. Having a bad shooting night and losing is what good teams don't do. They find a way to win regardless of the "bad shooting night"

Edited by warmachine7954
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

I don't have to look very hard. I grew up in West TN. My first coaching gig was in a single A school in the area. I know all about the teams in that area and the talent that is there. I've also coached in Memphis and know it too. 

What team has McKenzie played that is athletic? What team has McKenzie played that has decent size for a single A team? You're using teams like West Carroll, Camden, and Madison to say quality basketball. For the area, those teams might be ok but we all know that when it comes down to it they're not very good. 

Humboldt is your measuring stick for how good you are in single A in West TN. Mckenzie beat Trenton by 2 at Trenton. Humboldt beat Trenton by 16 at Trenton. Madison hasn't played a tough schedule. Having a bad shooting night and losing is what good teams don't do. They find a way to win regardless of the "bad shooting night"

Yes Humboldt is a very good team, and no Madison losses are to teams that are playing very well this year. Good teams can have a bad shooting night. For example UConn women , the best team in Women's college basketball shot horrible at Baylor and lost by double digits. So yes if the other team is knocking down shots and you aren't guess what will happen? You will lose. We play the number 3 team in the state tonight so maybe that will be a "quality oppenont" for you. I am just trying to celebrate my teams success because this is one of the best teams we have ever had. We don't have to play our region games with West Tennessee people, but if we did we would lose. We have a good chance to make it to the glass house this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×