Best Team in West Tn in each class!?

RealisticFan45

I feel like Wooddale is only in the conversation because of the Lawson boys name. What is around them? I havnt seen or heard about them til now. How good is RE? Haywood will go as far as Boyd takes them. Bolivar is scrappy with shooters, but size will become a factor, IMO. SS looks to be a good contender right now and that's good with no seniors. South Gibson will probably go to Substate again and one of the Memphis teams will scare them out of a State Appearance. It is indeed a lot of ball left to play and it starts with Haywood visiting SS Saturday. I think SS, Haywood or Covington will be playing the 2nd week of March.

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Raleigh-Egypt, Mitchell and Wooddale are kinda ahead of South Side, South Gibson and Covington right now........I see two teams from Memphis going to state unless South Side gets local refs.

Local refs? You are joking right? We never get any help from any official! But oan local refs will not be official come region & sub state! Since us & Memphis is considered West Tn we will get Middle or East Tn refs

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I feel like Wooddale is only in the conversation because of the Lawson boys name. What is around them? I havnt seen or heard about them til now. How good is RE? Haywood will go as far as Boyd takes them. Bolivar is scrappy with shooters, but size will become a factor, IMO. SS looks to be a good contender right now and that's good with no seniors. South Gibson will probably go to Substate again and one of the Memphis teams will scare them out of a State Appearance. It is indeed a lot of ball left to play and it starts with Haywood visiting SS Saturday. I think SS, Haywood or Covington will be playing the 2nd week of March.

I agree! All you hear about is the Lawson kid! I wonder how good they really is, I haven’t seen them in person. As far as Saturday we will beat Haywood by 8-12 at home! We are very young & have a lot of athletic players! We got some size & pretty good guards. If we limit our turnovers we win be 15 

2 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

Don't get me wrong...I am a Bolivar Tiger...I'm not trying to put my boys down, but right now, I dont see Bolivar making it to Murfreesboro. But hey, there's a lot of basketball left to be played. I have only seen SS and Haywood once thus far and I haven't seen RE or Wooddale or Covington. 

I am not saying they will make it Murfreesboro! I am just saying they will be legit in 15AA this year. They will surprise some teams this year. 

6 hours ago, WestTn901 said:

Top AA in West TN in no particular order

Raleigh Egypt

Wooddale

Melrose

Mitchell

Haywood

South Gibson

Southside

Covington

Bolivar and Fayette Ware are 2 teams to watch out for. I feel they could upset some teams in the tournament. 

We know all the top teams. Which 2 are you picking? 

Edited by Tez2319

17 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

We know all the top teams. Which 2 are you picking? 

I’m not picking any team, I think it’s all about matchups, and Southside can matchup with anybody, they have a solid team. But I like all the Memphis teams, Region 8 gone be a battle     

Region 7 Championship Southside vs. South Gibson

Region 8 Championship Melrose, Raleigh Egypt or Wooddale

7 hours ago, WestTn901 said:

I’m not picking any team, I think it’s all about matchups, and Southside can matchup with anybody, they have a solid team. But I like all the Memphis teams, Region 8 gone be a battle     

Region 7 Championship Southside vs. South Gibson

Region 8 Championship Melrose, Raleigh Egypt or Wooddale

Yeap I agree, region 8 has Melrose, Raleigh Egypt, Wooddale, Haywood, Covington(which will be #1 in AA) Fayette Ware, also Hamilton out despite their record! Any of these 6 teams could win region 8! Region 7 will come down to South Side & South Gibson! Fulton will be strong as well if they make State!