Derrick Davis resigns (Polk Co.)

OldCharger

1 hour ago, Charlie Murphy said:

You are correct, following my posts will not be of any interest to you, because I deal in reality. I guess he got "past the issue with the soccer team" after the season, since he never attended a game. Not district championship, not region championship, not sub state game, not at state semi finals. ..and for those folks that aren't aware, his daughter plays on the soccer team.

that's a pretty sorry man in my book

Here is a deal of reality. The soccer team will never have any success as Derrick did leading his football teams. He didn’t let a cult of parents influence his program in any situation. Parents who attempt to coach from the sidelines in their lawn chair and yelling at their daughters is very sorry to me. You see this same sort of eventual failure in the youth programs because of parent cults. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ETflattop said:

Here is a deal of reality. The soccer team will never have any success as Derrick did leading his football teams. He didn’t let a cult of parents influence his program in any situation. Parents who attempt to coach from the sidelines in their lawn chair and yelling at their daughters is very sorry to me. You see this same sort of eventual failure in the youth programs because of parent cults. 

Couldn't agree more!!!

8 hours ago, ValleyTroll said:

Here you go people. A guy that truly doesn’t get it. Head coaches across the country miss things with their family and friends to pour into the young men on their team. That’s what makes them so special and unique. If I recall, all these soccer event took place right at the end of football season, while Coach Davis probably was preparing his team for district games and a playoff game. That doesn’t make him “sorry”. A sorry man is one that hides behind a keyboard and bashes a man’s character on a day that the rest of the community is celebrating the end of his era with their program. “Losers assemble in small groups and complain about others”. So you and your group keep “dealing in reality” (LOL) while the rest of the community sits around and laughs and waits to see what idiotic thing you complain about next.

I like your quote.. “Losers assemble in small groups and complain about others”, I think that fits Davis and his little group of cronies very accurately.

I also find yours and a few others attitudes interesting. Why do you feel the need to degrade the soccer team at every opportunity? Why would you find pleasure in other teenage student athletes lack of success or lack of attendance? The football team is 13-39 in the past 5 years, I'm not bashing them! I bought my ticket for every one of those 52 games, and cheered for those young men. I am bashing the former head coaches character, or lack of. 

Thank you for pointing out that I don't get it, because I don't, and I'm proud that I don't get the fact that a man is so busy preparing for a high school football game, that he can't spend 90 minutes, at least once, to support his own child. But we all know it wasn't because he was so, so busy! It's because he is a petty little man. Everyone knows he was against the soccer teams using the football field. It is quite a coincidence that he quit less than 3 months after that decision was made and that the reason mentioned on here and other media was the administration "meddling". So, give us some examples of that meddling... or just own it! He didn't want soccer on the football field, the school board said there would be, and he quit, just like he threatened to do back when the discussion started 2 or 3 years ago,

And blaster, you mention hurt feelings, I mean, come on man.. your hero is the one that is taking his ball and going home because he didn't get his way!

I haven't said anything on here that I wouldn't say to his face, or... that I haven't already said to his face.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

9 hours ago, Charlie Murphy said:

You are correct, following my posts will not be of any interest to you, because I deal in reality. I guess he got "past the issue with the soccer team" after the season, since he never attended a game. Not district championship, not region championship, not sub state game, not at state semi finals. ..and for those folks that aren't aware, his daughter plays on the soccer team.

It takes an even sorrier man to bring up a coach’s daughter and bash his personal life on a message board. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Charlie Murphy said:

I like your quote.. “Losers assemble in small groups and complain about others”, I think that fits Davis and his little group of cronies very accurately.

I also find yours and a few others attitudes interesting. Why do you feel the need to degrade the soccer team at every opportunity? Why would you find pleasure in other teenage student athletes lack of success or lack of attendance? The football team is 13-39 in the past 5 years, I'm not bashing them! I bought my ticket for every one of those 52 games, and cheered for those young men. I am bashing the former head coaches character, or lack of. 

Thank you for pointing out that I don't get it, because I don't, and I'm proud that I don't get the fact that a man is so busy preparing for a high school football game, that he can't spend 90 minutes, at least once, to support his own child. But we all know it wasn't because he was so, so busy! It's because he is a petty little man. Everyone knows he was against the soccer teams using the football field. It is quite a coincidence that he quit less than 3 months after that decision was made and that the reason mentioned on here and other media was the administration "meddling". So, give us some examples of that meddling... or just own it! He didn't want soccer on the football field, the school board said there would be, and he quit, just like he threatened to do back when the discussion started 2 or 3 years ago,

And blaster, you mention hurt feelings, I mean, come on man.. your hero is the one that is taking his ball and going home because he didn't get his way!

I haven't said anything on here that I wouldn't say to his face, or... that I haven't already said to his face.

Murphy man you are going to make this Davis man real mad. I garuntee you Grider would not let no soccer game play on his field. If this Davis man  sees this mess he might come find you.   You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

56 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Murphy man you are going to make this Davis man real mad. I garuntee you Grider would not let no soccer game play on his field. If this Davis man  sees this mess he might come find you.   You think im joking but im not. 

When the Title IX mafia wants to play soccer on that Grider mans field, they will... you think im joking but im not

6 hours ago, Charlie Murphy said:

15 hours ago, Charlie Murphy said:

I don't have many posts here, but this one is warranted. Your posts are classless. Derrick did more for that football program than has ever been accomplished there. He was on his on a lot working on that field, getting it ready for games, lining it, etc. Derrick Davis accomplished more with less than anyone I know. Polk County WILL miss Derrick Davis. Soccer on the game field that he maintains, mows, lines, and takes care of???  A lot of time goes into maintaining these fields. I don't blame him for wanting soccer to stay off of the field. I wouldn't want them on the field I had to maintain either. When someone takes care of the field it is perfectly normal to want to monitor who and what uses it. Your name calling at him is ridiculous and pathetic. You use to get on here and talk about how great of a coach he was back when Polk was really good several years ago. If people don't like the way things are going then they can choose to leave which is what he has chosen to do. You haven't ever said any of this crap to his face. You need to back off and leave the man alone! DD is a good friend and is one of the best defensive football minds around the area. He will be greatly missed leading your program. I GUARANTEE it.

PS- Bashing him on these boards... That's something a "petty little man" or a "sorry man" would do in my book. It sounds like to me Heath Culpepper and Derrick Davis need to talk out their differences like men instead of you on here bashing him with personal attacks.

Edited by SPHS09

51 minutes ago, SPHS09 said:

I don't have many posts here, but this one is warranted. Your posts are classless. Derrick did more for that football program than has ever been accomplished there. He was on his on a lot working on that field, getting it ready for games, lining it, etc. Derrick Davis accomplished more with less than anyone I know. Polk County WILL miss Derrick Davis. Soccer on the game field that he maintains, mows, lines, and takes care of???  A lot of time goes into maintaining these fields. I don't blame him for wanting soccer to stay off of the field. I wouldn't want them on the field I had to maintain either. When someone takes care of the field it is perfectly normal to want to monitor who and what uses it. Your name calling at him is ridiculous and pathetic. You use to get on here and talk about how great of a coach he was back when Polk was really good several years ago. If people don't like the way things are going then they can choose to leave which is what he has chosen to do. You haven't every said any of this crap to his face. You need to back off and leave the man alone! DD is a good friend and is one of the best defensive football minds around the area. He will be greatly missed leading your program. I GUARANTEE it.

PS- Bashing him on these boards... That's something a "petty little man" or a "sorry man" would do in my book. It sounds like to me Heath Culpepper and Derrick Davis need to talk out their differences like men instead of you on here bashing him with personal attacks.

Amen to this post by SPHS09!!!! Most people in Polk Co. feel the same way you do. It's just a hand full of idiots that share Chuck's thoughts. I know wherever Derrick lands that they will appreciate him more than was he was ever appreciated by administration at his alma mater. 

3 hours ago, SPHS09 said:

I have wondered who Charlie’s identity was. Thanks for clearing that up for us all. I can assure you he has said none of this garbage to Derrick Davis’ face. That would take guts. Something he obviously lacks. Charlie, it would be a shame if we start discussing your family history on this thread. You have enough issues of your own. Don’t throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

By the way, I’m surprised they let you into the stadium still, after all the times you have been kicked out of it. Hope you can sort some of your anger issues out so that you can attend all of the sporting events in 2019. Peace out!

34 minutes ago, ValleyTroll said:

I have wondered who Charlie’s identity was. Thanks for clearing that up for us all. I can assure you he has said none of this garbage to Derrick Davis’ face. That would take guts. Something he obviously lacks. Charlie, it would be a shame if we start discussing your family history on this thread. You have enough issues of your own. Don’t throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

By the way, I’m surprised they let you into the stadium still, after all the times you have been kicked out of it. Hope you can sort some of your anger issues out so that you can attend all of the sporting events in 2019. Peace out!

That's funny!

I do know that Culpepper man, I'm sure he would appreciate being mentioned on here.

3 hours ago, SPHS09 said:

I don't have many posts here, but this one is warranted. Your posts are classless. Derrick did more for that football program than has ever been accomplished there. He was on his on a lot working on that field, getting it ready for games, lining it, etc. Derrick Davis accomplished more with less than anyone I know. Polk County WILL miss Derrick Davis. Soccer on the game field that he maintains, mows, lines, and takes care of???  A lot of time goes into maintaining these fields. I don't blame him for wanting soccer to stay off of the field. I wouldn't want them on the field I had to maintain either. When someone takes care of the field it is perfectly normal to want to monitor who and what uses it. Your name calling at him is ridiculous and pathetic. You use to get on here and talk about how great of a coach he was back when Polk was really good several years ago. If people don't like the way things are going then they can choose to leave which is what he has chosen to do. You haven't every said any of this crap to his face. You need to back off and leave the man alone! DD is a good friend and is one of the best defensive football minds around the area. He will be greatly missed leading your program. I GUARANTEE it.

Sphs man I garuntee this culpepper man wants to be the coach now that this Davis man quit.  If you coach make sure and send in your survey for my Murphy Fair book and dont have that mustache like that Davis man.  I garuntee you this Davis man seems real mad at this culpepper man.  You think im joking but im not.